Tom Sawyer's Island replacement / Expansion

UltimateLaxBro

Original Poster
Hey everyone, I was talking to an Imagineer today (did the lunch with an Imagineer thing at Flying Fish) and didn't want to be annoying but asked him generally if there was anything new coming we haven't heard about yet. He started giving me the runaround telling me about Test Track (no details, just said a future refurb) and the bare information on Avatar.

HOWEVER, he did mention to me that they were looking to replace the space on Tom Sawyer's Island in MK with something new. He also mentioned a possible expansion of the "island" into Frontierland dividing it off into a separate mini-land. All he said was "The Grid". He left it at that and that was ALL he said about future developments. They're set to announce publicly very soon. That's all I have for now. :wave:

disney fan 13

My 7 year old brother would be sooooooo mad if this happened since i think he liked running around the island and pretending to shoot people on big thunder from the guns in the fort better then both Epcot and HS.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Hey everyone, I was talking to an Imagineer today (did the lunch with an Imagineer thing at Flying Fish) and didn't want to be annoying but asked him generally if there was anything new coming we haven't heard about yet. He started giving me the runaround telling me about Test Track (no details, just said a future refurb) and the bare information on Avatar.

HOWEVER, he did mention to me that they were looking to replace the space on Tom Sawyer's Island in MK with something new. He also mentioned a possible expansion of the "island" into Frontierland dividing it off into a separate mini-land. All he said was "The Grid". He left it at that and that was ALL he said about future developments. They're set to announce publicly very soon. That's all I have for now. :wave:

"The Grid" sounds like a Tron reference, but that doesn't fit on Frontierland at all. We shall keep our ears open though -- of course, we have hear rumors of Frontierland being next up.

UltimateLaxBro

Original Poster
"The Grid" sounds like a Tron reference, but that doesn't fit on Frontierland at all. We shall keep our ears open though -- of course, we have hear rumors of Frontierland being next up.

True, I think he did that to throw me off haha. Tron is also something often rumored, maybe completely separate from the TSI overhaul/expansion :shrug:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

Why did you change your post from:

All he said was "Kungaloosh".

to

All he said was "The Grid".

?

CountryBearFan

As long as the riverboat attraction continues on as it is (being able to sail the Rivers of America, around the island), I can be cool with it.

Hope they don't change TSI too much.

UltimateLaxBro

Original Poster
All he said was "Kungaloosh".

He made that offhanded remark when we were discussing the Comedy Warehouse comeback. I changed the post because I mixed up the details, haha. I don't expect anything to come from the "Kungaloosh" comment though, I guess he was just playing with me to see how I would react to Adventurer's Club being brought up. There WON'T be an Adventurers Club land in the MK. :ROFLOL:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Tron aside, several plans have been on the board for a few years for Frontierland, including TSI in one way or another.

NoChesterHester

HOWEVER, he did mention to me that they were looking to replace the space on Tom Sawyer's Island in MK with something new. He also mentioned a possible expansion of the "island" into Frontierland dividing it off into a separate mini-land. All he said was "The Grid". He left it at that and that was ALL he said about future developments.

I've never heard of anything substantive coming out of these Dine with an Imagineer things. Ever. They are fun, but pretty controlled. There was a TSI refurb / redo rumor thread on this site some time back. I'm too lazy to dig it up right now.

They're set to announce publicly very soon. That's all I have for now. :wave:

I find this hard to believe. If Magic Kingdom gets another attraction or major refurb before something significant is announced for Epcot or the Studios the rabid fans will riot. Iger will have to post security...

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I find this hard to believe. If Magic Kingdom gets another attraction or major refurb before something significant is announced for Epcot or the Studios the rabid fans will riot. Iger will have to post security...

It doesn't matter what is announced, there will be those that will hate it because Disney shoulda, woulda, coulda, done something else with the money, there will be those that love it because Disney did it, there will be those that will complain because they don't know how to do anything else, and there will be the vast majority of the population that will see it as something new the next time they are able to visit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom