Tom Sawyer's Island replacement / Expansion

zooey

It doesn't matter what is announced, there will be those that will hate it because Disney shoulda, woulda, coulda, done something else with the money, there will be those that love it because Disney did it, there will be those that will complain because they don't know how to do anything else, and there will be the vast majority of the population that will see it as something new the next time they are able to visit.

I'm in another category altogether that first wonders how Duffy might be implemented... :drevil:

KevinYee

The talk about TSI is not out of the blue. I wasn't given any details either when this crossed my radar several weeks ago, but it appears to not be made up.

invader

Honestly, TSI is something they shouldn't change. Major refurbs every few years, and they would be fine. The simplicity is the factor that makes it what it is.

Thurp

Aaah so this is finally coming to light. It's tough to remain silent. :eek: I am not aware of any major details but yes there is something in the works.

zooey

So, what are the rumored possibilities?

I think the space could be utilized better, but I have to say I'm a little sad to see it go because it is one of the only land's left that have an almost direct connection to Walt. That, and I'm guessing any redo is going to park the Liberty Belle permanently which makes me really sad.

Magenta Panther

I wonder if pirates might make the leap from Adventureland. I guess the Pirate Lair overlay is popular in DL

Somehow or another, I read something somewhere about a Pirates takeover of TSI. Probably just a discussion, but your comment rang a bell.

Also, I don't understand how a makeover of TSI would affect the Liberty Belle. I hope not. It's awesome.

MickeyPeace

Ill roll with the changes but I like TSI. There is not really anything like it anymore. It requires imagination. I like the simplicity and relaxed go at your own pace quality of it.

NoChesterHester

It doesn't matter what is announced, there will be those that will hate it because Disney shoulda, woulda, coulda, done something else with the money, there will be those that love it because Disney did it, there will be those that will complain because they don't know how to do anything else, and there will be the vast majority of the population that will see it as something new the next time they are able to visit.

Ok... I admit, I'll riot! ;)

novawildcat18

Never visited TDI, not even when I was younger. Never really had an interest in it. Always preferred the rides over anything. So to me, a change at TDI is only exciting if it involves a new ride instead of a Pirates overlay or something like that. A pirates overlay may bring some new guests but I think it would be out of place and unnecessary.

NoChesterHester

The talk about TSI is not out of the blue. I wasn't given any details either when this crossed my radar several weeks ago, but it appears to not be made up.

I understand the need for more capacity at the Magic Kingdom. I get that...

I just can't believe that no one is pushing harder for attractions and refurbs at the two parks that need it most, Epcot (Future World) and the Studios. We have had this TSI rumor and the Tron E-ticket rumor in the past six months for the MK. I can't remember the last real viable rumor for the Studios. Just some people claiming to be "insiders" with vague comments that something is about to happen.

Lee

Adventurer
The TSI project has been in development for several years. We've discussed it here several times.

As for the riverboat...the way I undersand it, it would become 100% more stationary if the TSI changes happen.

I wonder if pirates might make the leap from Adventureland. I guess the Pirate Lair overlay is popular in DL
Nope, the Pirates will be staying at home in Adventureland.
They don't have time to move, due to an impending mermaid invasion. And I'm not talking about Ariel....:lookaroun

MarkTwain

Aaah so this is finally coming to light. It's tough to remain silent. :eek: I am not aware of any major details but yes there is something in the works.

The TSI project has been in development for several years. We've discussed it here several times.

As for the riverboat...the way I undersand it, it would become 100% more stationary if the TSI changes happen.

They don't have time to move, due to an impending mermaid invasion. And I'm not talking about Ariel....:lookaroun

Four insiders agreeing on the same piece of information? I can't remember the last time that's happened... sounds like this rumor definitely has some truth to it then.

Generally, a Frontierland expansion is something I would get behind 100%, except that 1.) the land already has two major E-tickets in addition to several smaller ones, and 2.) I can think of three other parks that need the money more right now.

Also, if the Liberty Belle is permanently anchored to Liberty Square, I will literally punch a TDO executive in the face. I know I'm in the minority, but I find the Liberty Belle to be one of the most relaxing, fulfilling, and authentic rides in the whole park. There's no other ride that let's you just... breathe... quite like the Liberty Belle (except for maybe the PeopleMover). I ride it every single time I enter the MK, and can't imagine the park experience being the same without it.

I am intrigued, though, by the choice of the phrase "miniland." That sounds like something distinct from both Liberty Square and Frontierland. So what are we getting then? A more cartoon-ish take on the Frontierland concept, like Disneyland's Critter Country? Maybe something like Tony Baxter's original plan for a land connecting Disneyland's Fantasyland and Frontierland, in the form of a Steampunk-style Discoveryland? Or maybe a clone of Hong Kong Disneyland's bear-themed (and vaguely Frontierland-ish) Grizzly Trail? Intriguing.

Not intriguing enough to prevent me from punching somebody in the face, though.

Also, On Stranger Tide mermaids on Pirates? Huh, that's interesting... guess some of the rumors have been true after all.

The Duck

Pirates Lair sorta/kinda works in Disneyland because POTC is directly across the way in New Orleans Square. To try to create a pirate overlay on TSI would clash as much as flying carpets in Adventureland. ;) As far as "The Grid " is concerned, I seriously doubt that he was referring to Tron as that would make even less sense in or near Frontierland.

bhg469

This thread has me cringing and excited all at once. The grid in frontier land though?! That is an insanely horrible idea.

PhilharMagician

You've got to be freakin' kidding me! :hammer: I hope you are just trying to stir the proverbial pot.

midwest_mice

The way I see this is maybe they will take TSI and make that into another coaster type ride. To be honest, it would've been an ideal spot for a mine train ride and the theming would've worked. If I recall, the original plan for Big Thunder was a Wild West themed coaster ride, that would've been a slower ride than BTM.
As for the Liberty Belle. I would miss it. I am from the Midwest and know all about the Rivers they talk about. I could see them turning the Liberty Belle into another sit down restaurant since that is something Magic Kingdom does lack. Something like Fulton's Crab House in Downtown Disney. If I recall, I did see this somewhere on another post on the lines of this at one time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom