Tom Sawyer Island rehab coming soon

awallaceunc

Wow- the croc in the river thing is scary!

I would think that if the river was being drained, then the Liberty Belle Riverboat would be scheduled to go down on those dates to. I haven't seen that announced anywhere, so probably not.

Does anyone know what this rehab will be? Personally, I hope it's the return of real food (not just pb&j and dessers) to Aunt Polly's! But it's possible it's just paint touch-ups or refastening, or even raft repair.

-Aaron

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Originally posted by Jeff D
I have digital photos somewhere form four or five years ago when the river was drianed. They had several trucks down there and they were doing alot of welding and replacing the sections of the track. Pretty cool to see. I remember it but I have to find the memery card the pictures are on. I was there a week and it was like that all week.

Welcome (sort of) to the boards Jeff! If you could hunt them out and put them in your photo album that would be great!

awallaceunc

It looks so cool drained. Things like that fascinate me... being able to walk around on the drained ground? Now that would be cool :cool:

-Aaron

bhg469

Originally posted by Jeff D
I have digital photos somewhere form four or five years ago when the river was drianed. They had several trucks down there and they were doing alot of welding and replacing the sections of the track. Pretty cool to see. I remember it but I have to find the memery card the pictures are on. I was there a week and it was like that all week.

is that concrete under the water or is it just dirt?

StevenT

Concrete from what I see in that photo. I assume it's just like 20k leagues except larger and they aren't draining it in order to close it for good. :(

BalooChicago

Originally posted by skeeter
I kid you not--two weeks ago my friend pointed to the water and said "is he supposed to be in there?" It was a gator--he was receiving alot of attention from guests. He circled around in front of the riverboat and trailed off towards thunder mountain. :cool:

The gator was there last week as well. He seemed to hang out quite a bit behind the turkey leg stand, wonder why :)

IMG_1518_SM.jpg

1disneydood

Originally posted by BalooChicago
The gator was there last week as well. He seemed to hang out quite a bit behind the turkey leg stand, wonder why :)

IMG_1518_SM.jpg

Can you imagine the damage that reptile could inflict? :eek:
Anyone care for a swim? :lol: :eek:

It certainly would smell bad if they drained the river. There are quite a few fish who live in it. Saw a Pelican of some sort chomp one down a few weeks ago. Also witnessed a duck get eaten by a gator there once.

xfkirsten

You shoulda sesen "Fluffy" there in late summer 02. He was about 8 feet. Disney had to call in outside help to get him, cause he got too comfortable around people from all the handouts, and he was too big for Disney's pest management to handle. He was eventually put down because he was so used to people. :( But while he was here, in full view of guests, he ate one of the bunnies in the park, one of those BIG herons, and the big turtle that used to hang out by the docks some times.

-Kirsten

raven

Originally posted by xfkirsten
You shoulda sesen "Fluffy" there in late summer 02. He was about 8 feet. Disney had to call in outside help to get him, cause he got too comfortable around people from all the handouts, and he was too big for Disney's pest management to handle. He was eventually put down because he was so used to people. :( But while he was here, in full view of guests, he ate one of the bunnies in the park, one of those BIG herons, and the big turtle that used to hang out by the docks some times.

-Kirsten

Nice. Now I'm kinda scared to take the raft over to the Island. They load those rafts so heavy that the front part goes under water when they cross the river. I could just imagine a gator climbing aboard. :lookaroun

Atta83

Originally posted by DarkMeasures
Do you think that when one of these gators are put down that Disney sells Gator Legs instead of Turkey Legs for a little bit?

YUM.....:slurp: LOL J/K

xfkirsten

Originally posted by DarkMeasures
Do you think that when one of these gators are put down that Disney sells Gator Legs instead of Turkey Legs for a little bit?

What, you never had Gator on a Stick before? :lookaroun

-Kirsten

aimster

It's extremely dangerous to feed the gators like that. By nature, gators are scared of humans, but if they're given handouts, they don't find humans as a threat and can be prone to attack them instead of running away. When I went to a local park the other weekend, there were all sorts of signs along the nature rail/boardwalk thing along the river saying not to feed the gators and why.

There used to be a gator that lived in the late at my apartment complex. They finally caught him last year and he was a BIG sucker (I happened to be driving by the cage he was in after animal control snagged him). Ever since then, this place is a bird sanctuary. I see all sorts of ducks, cranes, egrets, sandpipers. It's beautiful. I love watching the birds walk/swim around the lake (which my apartment faces).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom