Tom Sawyer Island -> Ile D’Orleans

Walt Disney1955

I don't think Disney will be that mad if Tokyo never changes Splash, as the controversy surrounding the ride is specific to the United States.

You said it better than I could. In the West we have WAY too much time on their hands which leads them to complain about idiotic things that offend a sliver of the population (most would have never cared if it was never brought up). Where as in Japan they prioritize things in their lives a bit more.

I’m not trashing TSI…I’ve said that I do love going there and relaxing, but I’m also a realist and I know the value of that plot in the bigger MK picture tends to relegate it to its demise and replacement in the future. You know that the same group speaking against Splash are setting their sights on Tom Sawyer, Huck Finn et. al. as being problematic…

It does surprise me that the mob hasn't dug their claws into that one yet. They seem to find offense in almost anything. However, those that visit Tom Sawyer Island, love it.

Ghost93

Tom Sawyer's Island could be a good location to build Tiana's Palace if they wanted to start from scratch. If they wanted to use existing infrastructure, retheming Pecos Bill in Frontierland with Tiana's Palace could help create some thematic consistency with Tiana's Bayou Adventure.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom