Tokyo Splash Retheme

Aramar

If it were the OTHER non-brotherly Disney bear IP, I could see that working out, I dunno what story but... I see it.

What IP would that be? Brother Bear?

Country Bears. There's no backing for that but it'd work.

I always thought Winnie the Pooh would fit well in Splash Mountain, something like Pooh's Honey Mountain. However, there's already a great Pooh ride in this park.

Sneakman

I always thought Winnie the Pooh would fit well in Splash Mountain, something like Pooh's Honey Mountain. However, there's already a great Pooh ride in this park.
I’d be down with a Winnie the Pooh log flume. Laughing place becomes heffalumps? “Beware” before the big drop? The rainstorm becomes the big splash? Only thing I’m not sure of is the finale scene?

C33Mom

I’d be down with a Winnie the Pooh log flume. Laughing place becomes heffalumps? “Beware” before the big drop? The rainstorm becomes the big splash? Only thing I’m not sure of is the finale scene?
An entire room dripping with honey and “Rumbly in my Tumbly” (no idea if that is the song title or not)?

Moth

Tbh one property I thought would make for a good splash-esque log flume isn’t a Disney one, it’s SpongeBob imo, especially with plankton. He tries to steal the formula, his foiling involves a drop. Maybe Plunge a big drop into a cave of jellyfish that he gets stung in or something?
Universal has that for a plan.

Brer Oswald

I think the loss of the soundtrack and especially the finale scene would be a big loss.

Splash is a ride layout that needs a form of conflict to justify the big drop. Duffy would run into the same issue as Tiana where there's little to no conflict to justify the massive drop. Duffy would work best as a dark ride in classic fashion and not using the Splash layout.

If it were the OTHER non-brotherly Disney bear IP, I could see that working out, I dunno what story but... I see it.

Duffy feels more like a merch-sales driven choice versus logical and story sense approach. But a Duffy ride with no height limit would be a better choice than using Splash.

I don't see TDL Splash being changed for 5-10 years. I believe it's going to happen eventually, but OLC has bigger fish to fry.
Splash was lightning in a bottle. No idea how Baxter came to the conclusion of combining the Brer Rabbit story and the "three phase soundtrack" of SotS with the America Sings animatronics with a log flume, but it was genius. The fact that the ride is/was the representation of the 'story pyramid' most of us are taught in High School, both narratively and physically with the drop, is incredible. They can try and replace it, but they will never get results as good.
1721055744211.png

Architectural Guinea Pig

In the Parks
No
I was wondering since Tokyo standards are much different from the States, can’t Disney just swap out the main characters for other cute kawaii animals in similar stye with a different story and a few different scenes (i.e. laughing place, finale)? Maybe they can research and take inspiration from a Japanese children’s myth and adapt it in full Americana Critter Country style. Nobody dictated it had to be an ip-ride, and it’s not linked to SotS anymore.

BrerFoxesBayouAdventure

Tbh one property I thought would make for a good splash-esque log flume isn’t a Disney one, it’s SpongeBob imo, especially with plankton. He tries to steal the formula, his foiling involves a drop. Maybe Plunge a big drop into a cave of jellyfish that he gets stung in or something?
Universal has that for a plan.
People have wanted them to rip out Toon Lagoon for years and retheme it to Bikini Bottom. That would probably take an extremely long time though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom