Rumor Tokyo Disneyland Splash Mountain Retheme Discussion

DarkMetroid567

Correction, you want Disney to get over the source material thing. It’s them who decided this long ago, some people just understand why the company may have decided the IP is a problem worth erasing.

In the end, none of us have control over this. Disney will do what Disney is gonna do.
I do find that part about the discourse really funny. People tout Baxter talking about working with the NAACP like it was good thing — no, dude, that’s a red flag! The fact that this was an issue decades before the “woke Disney” honestly means that Splash was always on borrowed time. It’s an incredible lack of foresight.

I think it’s very clear WDI did not hold the SotS IP in a particular reverence, so much as they really wanted to use Zip-a-Dee-Do-Dah (understandably) and worked backwards from that.

Disney Analyst

I do find that part about the discourse really funny. People tout Baxter talking about working with the NAACP like it was good thing — no, dude, that’s a red flag! The fact that this was an issue decades before the “woke Disney” outcries speaks volumes.

I think it’s very clear WDI did not hold the SotS IP in a particular reverence, so much as they really wanted to use Zip-a-Dee-Do-Dah (understandably) and worked backwards from that.

I think the real point is, none of us have power here. I doubt anyone of this forum ever even wrote a complaint to Disney about Splash Mountain. Just because some of us can understand the reasoning, doesn’t mean we asked for it, or have some magic “woke” wand that makes all our dreams come true.

Disney gonna do what Disney gonna do, and these posters should redirect their anger.

Last edited:

Sneaky

I think the real point is, none of us have power here. I doubt anyone of this forum ever even wrote a complaint to Disney about Splash Mountain. Just because some of us can understand the reasoning, doesn’t mean we asked for it, or have some magic “woke” wand that makes all our dreams come true.

Disney gonna do what Disney gonna do, and these posters should redirect their anger.
Yes. You should. Splash Mountain will soon no longer exist on the planet earth. And we will be fine. We were fine after horizons, Disneyland peoplemover, the great movie ride, and we’ll be fine after splash. You can miss the original ride, and not like the replacement (hell, I was a big splash fan and i understand it had to go because of song of the south, but I don’t really like TBA too!) you may not like it, but understand you are not the intended audience. I think everyone needs to move on, and let splash mountain go. For the tides at the Disney parks, for better and for worse, are changing, and we all may need to learn to swim.

tanc

I just wonder what the retheme will be. PATF has practically no recognition in Japan or sold any merch related to it.

Disgruntled Walt

In the Parks
No
If they ever reverse course on SotS at the company level (which I think is possible someday), they're going to regret having gotten rid of all of the Splash Mountains.

Disgruntled Walt

In the Parks
No
Why would they ever do that?
Because the movie is a product of its time and it has stellar performances from Oscar-winning African American actors, Hattie McDaniel and James Baskett. An Oscar-winning song that is synonymous with the Disney brand. Even Whoopi Goldberg believes it should be released. Why not talk about it?

BrerFoxesBayouAdventure

Because the movie is a product of its time and it has stellar performances from Oscar-winning African American actors, Hattie McDaniel and James Baskett. An Oscar-winning song that is synonymous with the Disney brand. Even Whoopi Goldberg believes it should be released. Why not talk about it?
They had well over half a century to correct the course. But they were insistent on burying it under six feet of concrete instead of handling the film with the tact and care it deserves.

Brer Oswald

Yes. You should. Splash Mountain will soon no longer exist on the planet earth. And we will be fine. We were fine after horizons, Disneyland peoplemover, the great movie ride, and we’ll be fine after splash. You can miss the original ride, and not like the replacement (hell, I was a big splash fan and i understand it had to go because of song of the south, but I don’t really like TBA too!) you may not like it, but understand you are not the intended audience. I think everyone needs to move on, and let splash mountain go. For the tides at the Disney parks, for better and for worse, are changing, and we all may need to learn to swim.
I'll let Disney Parks go. I guess it's "not for me" (a gen Z that was uber passionate about the place for the first 19 years of my life) anymore.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom