Tokyo Disneyland Resort Expansion

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Progress on the new show

It looks 'shopped, but when blown up, it's clearly an LED screen that's set to Searing Green.
1607951874930.png

jrhwdw

"That Other Site" had a report this morning about Fireworks/Projection Testing at the Castle?? Are we that close to Celebrate TDL's Replacement?(TDEP Dreamlights hasn't even returned yet!) Or is TDL getting a new NYE Show maybe?

SweetDuffy101

"That Other Site" had a report this morning about Fireworks/Projection Testing at the Castle?? Are we that close to Celebrate TDL's Replacement?(TDEP Dreamlights hasn't even returned yet!) Or is TDL getting a new NYE Show maybe?
its not for testing of some sorts, its a taping for an upcoming tv program which OLC/TDR usually participates. But what i can tell you Dreamlights might have done floats testing by phases like ala, Nightfall glow.

jrhwdw

its not for testing of some sorts, its a taping for an upcoming tv program which OLC/TDR usually participates. But what i can tell you Dreamlights might have done floats testing by phases like ala, Nightfall glow.
Like separate cavalcades? Nightfall Glow isn't big enough to spread apart.

deere839

New Fanasty Springs hotel

New Unknown backstage building gets themed elements (Better than Epcot Remy Facede lol)

Frozen mountain starting to take shape

Peter Pan ride has new framing for the rockwork next step concrete

3 new barges for the night time show (i believe ive seen a island appeared for them to be docked like epcot)

Rapunzel ride

SweetDuffy101

here's the taping that i was talking about.

SplashJacket

That's just next to the Star Tours showbuilding afaik. They could've painted it in skyblue but... they care in Tokyo.
I'd expect the same for Fantasy Springs.

see:
You're correct. It is in front of Star Tours. Here's an aerial.
1609186770053.png

(Star Tours at the top, SM bottom right, and the new bus stops at the bottom left.)

The patch of dirt between the bus stops and Star Tours is where this new mystery building sits.

It isn't exactly that they care in Tokyo. Star Tours was unthemed on the back prior to this because there was a hedge between it and the parking lot.

1609186907728.png

Before they removed the trees Star Tours at TDL was like Dinosaur or FoP at Animal Kingdom.

GotG at Epcot could be an example that they don't care like they do in Tokyo, but this new building is right next to a guest area so if they didn't theme it, it wouldn't meet the standards of any of the parks, not just the ones in Tokyo.

Disneysea05

In the Parks
Yes
Take a look at the un themed costuming building that borders Disneyland’s bus stop plaza. This is indeed another example of Tokyo Disney doing something that, while not needed, definitely enhances the area.

dennis-in-ct

Changing the subject a bit but keeping with the Tokyo expansion is there room to give Tokyo a Runaway Railway like the CA resort?
I looked on google and I am guessing the show building is close to Small World, there does not seem to be room. Thought?

SplashJacket

Changing the subject a bit but keeping with the Tokyo expansion is there room to give Tokyo a Runaway Railway like the CA resort?
I looked on google and I am guessing the show building is close to Small World, there does not seem to be room. Thought?
The show building of Disneyland's Runaway Railway takes up about 1.75 acres.

Tokyo is more than capable of getting MMRR but the better question is how eager they are to get it.

1610408657606.png

The entire neighborhood section of Tokyo Disneyland's Toontown would have to come down to make way for the building. Before the massive Fantasy Springs expansion, they could have put the MMRR showbuilding behind Toontown, just like Disneyland but that ship has long since sailed.

Another major factor that would likely discourage Tokyo from building MMRR in their Toontown is its ridesystem. On the left side of the picture is Pooh and on the right is Beauty and the Beast, two trackless attractions. MMRR would be the 3rd trackless attraction in just that specific spot.

dennis-in-ct

The show building of Disneyland's Runaway Railway takes up about 1.75 acres.

Tokyo is more than capable of getting MMRR but the better question is how eager they are to get it.

View attachment 523518

The entire neighborhood section of Tokyo Disneyland's Toontown would have to come down to make way for the building. Before the massive Fantasy Springs expansion, they could have put the MMRR showbuilding behind Toontown, just like Disneyland but that ship has long since sailed.

Another major factor that would likely discourage Tokyo from building MMRR in their Toontown is its ridesystem. On the left side of the picture is Pooh and on the right is Beauty and the Beast, two trackless attractions. MMRR would be the 3rd trackless attraction in just that specific spot.
Thank you for showing the scale. What tool do you use to measure and draw that block? Uber Cool!

was my guess of the small world building being about the same size? Now that I see your overlay I am guess the small world is a little bit bigger.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom