Tokyo Disneyland Resort Expansion

dennis-in-ct

I normally harp on screen rides, but this one works really well for me. It looks like it has a perfect sense of flow to it. Excellent animation and layered sets. Perfectly charming and whimsical.

This reminds me of the Remy's Ratatouille Adventure attraction which I love. Peter Pan looks incredibly adorable, well-paced and FUN.
Looks like a "win" to me 🧚‍♀️ 🏴‍☠️
The Fairy Tinker Bell's Busy Buggies attraction looks well done too.

yeti

Personally this land looks like an absolute homerun. Watched all the POVs now but truly wish I hadn't.

Frozen Journey is bonkers and I'm surprised people are so mixed about it. I've seen it get compared to Splash and Pirates but it's its complete own thing: a fever dream trip through a Broadway show with stunning synchronization of movement, effects, and music. It's like if Fantasia was a ride.

Consumer

Very well done, that lantern scene is incredible. It does abruptly end after it but still it’s a nice boat ride.

EDIT: No gothel and no snugly duckling scene is definitely weird though

A small note that would greatly help this attraction is a longer build up to seeing Rapunzel's tower, particularly an "unveiling" scene. Much like how Flynn Rider discovers her tower, guests should pass through an gate of ivy and come out on the other side in her valley with the tower hidden up until that moment.

Other than that, yes, the ride definitely ought to have included Gothel and an "I've Got a Dream." It really needs those beats of "you are never leaving this tower; it's too dangerous," followed by "the best day ever," then the "ruffians, thugs" singing "I've Got a Dream," before we finally end at the Lantern festival.

It simply just needs more build up. It's a great attraction in many ways, and easily my favorite of the four, but it is a little too short.
wish PP was longer
Relatable.

Last edited:

J4546

Replacing IASW in MK with Tangled is about the worst take I’ve ever heard.
I said to relocate IaSW, not outright get rid of it. Also give it an area with that beautiful Mary Blaire aesthetic that is so lovely in DL. IaSW is shoehorned into an ugly building in fantasyland and would much better elsewhere imo. Id suggest either giving it the DisneyLand treatment and putting IaSW on the other side of the traintracks and redo the circus area (that is worst area in MK by far) with access via outdoor que that goes under train tracks you wanna go nuts make a pathway underneath like Toontown in DL. GIve it a cool entrance tunnel where you come out into a large mary blaire looking landscape with maybe those square tree ala paris and you get IaSW and a smaller ride and store as well, maybe some fun interactive magic band stuff and that would be a cool area imo.

But also there are MANY MANY more things that should be done before this would ever happen, which it wont.

anyways heres a quick mockup of first idea. retheme circus area with Mary Blaire stuff, paris square trees, and that area looks pretty cool imo.

Attachments

• MKIASW.jpg
    MKIASW.jpg
    236.6 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:

Homemade Imagineering

I said to relocate IaSW, not outright get rid of it. Also give it an area with that beautiful Mary Blaire aesthetic that is so lovely in DL. IaSW is shoehorned into an ugly building in fantasyland and would much better elsewhere imo. Id suggest either giving it the DisneyLand treatment and putting IaSW on the other side of the traintracks and redo the circus area (that is worst area in MK by far) with access via outdoor que that goes under train tracks you wanna go nuts make a pathway underneath like Toontown in DL. GIve it a cool entrance tunnel where you come out into a large mary blaire looking landscape with maybe those square tree ala paris and you get IaSW and a smaller ride and store as well, maybe some fun interactive magic band stuff and that would be a cool area imo.

But also there are MANY MANY more things that should be done before this would ever happen, which it wont.

anyways heres a quick mockup of first idea. retheme circus area with Mary Blaire stuff, paris square trees, and that area looks pretty cool imo.
Yeah I can respect that, I am definitely in agreement the MK version is the weakest of them all, which is a shame considering it’s Disney’s most visited park. IASW deserves far more than it gets in WDW, but regardless of the relocation conversation, I have seen moronic influencers online advocating for the outright removal of the MK version for a clone of the Tangled attraction without any thought of relocation being an option. It’s concerning that “fans” of the parks actually believe completely gutting legacy attractions for clones is now a viable option. The disrespect towards Mary Blair if this ever did come to fruition is the absolute worst aspect of the notion, especially since their whole point is that it’s “not on par with DLR”. Okay? So what? Plus it. Don’t erase it from your most visited castle park

Surferboy567

A small note that would greatly help this attraction is a longer build up to seeing Rapunzel's tower, particularly an "unveiling" scene. Much like how Flynn Rider discovers her tower, guests should pass through an gate of ivy and come out on the other side in her valley with the tower hidden up until that moment.

Other than that, yes, the ride definitely ought to have included Gothel and an "I've Got a Dream." It really needs those beats of "you are never leaving this tower; it's too dangerous," followed by "the best day ever," then the "ruffians, thugs" singing "I've Got a Dream," before we finally end at the Lantern festival.

It simply just needs more build up. It's a great attraction in many ways, and easily my favorite of the four, but it is a little too short.

Relatable.
I think I like PP the most. PP may have a slight edge, I can’t put my finger on it it’s just very well done even if it’s screen based. All three are incredible attractions and I’d love to see them stateside.

EDIT: Every attraction in this land is done super well as I said before. I really like the small mini drops in the Frozen attraction as well as the very impressive scenes. Tangled as I said before is also super impressive.

Last edited:

ThemeParkTraveller

I think I like PP the most. PP may have a slight edge, I can’t put my finger on it it’s just very well done even if it’s screen based. All three are incredible attractions and I’d love to see them stateside.

EDIT: Every attraction in this land is done super well as I said before. I really like the small mini drops in the Frozen attraction as well as the very impressive scenes. Tangled as I said before is also super impressive.

The more I rewatch Peter Pan, the more I love it. I think what makes this ride more fun and engaging than Frozen or Rapunzel is that guests are directly involved in the story. We are not just passive observers, but rather we play a direct role in the outcome of the story.

tanc

Maybe you can't compare OLC to domestic parks but man I'm so glad these rides exists. This gives me realization of what imagineering CAN do but aren't given the budget to. Making 3 home run attractions and the largest land expansion pretty much ever is still mind boggling to me.

Consumer

Maybe you can't compare OLC to domestic parks but man I'm so glad these rides exists. This gives me realization of what imagineering CAN do but aren't given the budget to. Making 3 home run attractions and the largest land expansion pretty much ever is still mind boggling to me.
The largest land expansion ever and only getting 4 new attractions isn't exactly praise worthy.

Frankly, I still think the OLC should have gone with using this plot, Toon Town, and the nearby parking lots to create a third gate for TDR.

britain

1715202927892.png

🤣

I’m sorry but this is still so bizarre!

What is this, Six Flags’ flooded Monster Plantation?

I can’t get into your story when (via backwards waterfall) you remind me that I’m in a boat that doesn’t match the story!

The ride gets much better as it stays “outdoors”. Nice to see it has a few drops.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom