Tokyo Disneyland Resort Expansion

ThemeParkTraveller

If anything, this is WDI on their A game. When they’re allowed to do what they went how they want it. It seems you’re describing FEA, not this ride. Now FEA, now that’s a ride where WDI wasn’t allowed to be on their A-game.

The glorified meet-and-greet criticism is much more apt for FEA in my opinion, with its series of upbeat vignettes strung together without the conflicts you expect in a compelling story.

Animaniac93-98

Not a fan of such a literal book report, even more than BatB which starts the ride at "Be Our Guest" and skims over the climax. They had a blank slate to create something truly original, and just decided on a longer version of FEA.

It's possible to both appreciate the hardware on display, and recognize this was an uncreative choice for a new ride.

I'm still more interested in Peter Pan and Rapunzel.

Last edited:

Supersnow84

I will say the other consideration is that this is also technically the lands headliner

Of course it’s not the same as a 2 ride land where there is a specific headliner like say pandora but everything we know up till now has said this is the biggest of the 4 rides

It doesn’t feel like a new top headliner for DisneySea to me

ThemeParkTraveller

I will say the other consideration is that this is also technically the lands headliner

Of course it’s not the same as a 2 ride land where there is a specific headliner like say pandora but everything we know up till now has said this is the biggest of the 4 rides

It doesn’t feel like a new top headliner for DisneySea to me

It has the biggest show building of the rides, but I've heard Peter Pan actually cost more than Frozen because of the new tech.

aleh021

Sort of an off topic question here, but not really.

I couldn't get a Fantasy Springs Hotel reservation for my stay in July (not shocking though). However, I did snag 3 nights at Miracosta.

With early entry, what will be the best method to get either DPA or Standby Passes for Fantasy Springs. We're going to Disneysea 3 days all together, with only 2 of those visits using Happy 15.

Can DPA & Standby Pass be booked at the same time, or must each one be done separately? I truly don't know since I didn't really try to do that on my last trip.

Appreciate any tips or suggestions :)

hopemax

I don’t care to watch POVs until after I’ve ridden something but reading the discourse here is just as entertaining
This.

I want to thank everyone for their use of spoiler text. We have a date! October 16th! So I'm trying to avoid non-logistical spoilers and just wait. So I will be trying to keep up on things like: order to ride the rides even with the wristband, and mobile ordering at the restaurants, and shopping pass, and do not miss details etc. While trying to avoid photos and videos. We'll see how successful I am.

UNCgolf

With the caveat that watching a relatively bad video is obviously not the same thing as being on the actual ride, the Frozen ride looks quite underwhelming. I was expecting something better. It just seems bland, and a design downgrade from the recent Beauty and the Beast attraction -- which itself is closer to a double than a home run.

There are some excellent AAs on display, though. It doesn't look bad (compare it to something like Little Mermaid), but it feels like they could have easily built something more impressive.

Last edited:

ThemeParkTraveller

It looks like it will be a cute attraction with a lot of charm. I don't mind the smaller scale, however I kind of with they made another frozen ever after and did a full fleshed out Tangled ride.

That would have been more interesting to me as well. But since Frozen was far more successful than Tangled in Japan (becoming the 3rd highest-grossing film of all-time there), I understand why they devoted more resources to it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom