Tokyo Disneyland Resort Expansion

mickEblu

Nothing I did was redundant.

You posted your opinion. I stated that I think it is a bad take. You said you disagreed which is obvious and unnecessarily redundant because it was your opinion I was claiming was a bad take in the first place. Of course you disagree.

I think your opinion of my opinion is useless unless you go into greater detail on why you disagree.

ThemeParkTraveller

Definitely agree.

I don’t even think the Boat ride is a bad choice for 75% of the ride.

It just doesn’t make sense in the castle scenes or coronation and looks very strange

As @yensidtlaw1969 mentioned, the story is that the troll magic is manifesting the flashbacks around us. The ride starts in the forest on a river, and we supposedly continue down the river while these scenes play out beside the boat. It's a bit convoluted and doesn't make it look less odd, but that is the official story.

ThemeParkTraveller

Not sure what part of my complaints would be fixed by a better quality video. It looks passive, boring and that they over did it with the characters on screens. I expected more from a purpose built attraction by OLC. Might be one of the worst and most literal “book report” rides I’ve ever seen.

Does it really have that many screens? It's still very AA-heavy compared to the other versions. The only major screens I saw were the beginning, which the other Frozen attractions also have to introduce the story, and the battle with Hans at the end.

mickEblu

Does it really have that many screens? It's still very AA-heavy compared to the other versions. The only major screens I saw were the beginning, which the other Frozen attractions also have to introduce the story, and the battle with Hans at the end.

Any characters on screens to advance the story forward on a ride with this budget from OLC is too much for me. It also works against all the physical stuff. Backgrounds that integrate well with the physical sets and props is another story. Im not impressed with the 9 Elsa AAs if the ride is boring. Needs to more excitement.

ThemeParkTraveller

my biggest issue with the ride (from what I've seen) is the pacing. Why is let it go the length of three scenes. This part of the ride was beautifully done but doesn’t work well with the entirety of the ride. This is just one example of bad pacing

The Let It Go scene in FEA was too short for arguably the most iconic scene in the movie, but I agree they took it a bit too far in the other direction. I would have scrapped the first section by the lift hill for the wolf chase scene.

mickEblu

my biggest issue with the ride (from what I've seen) is the pacing. Why is let it go the length of three scenes. This part of the ride was beautifully done but doesn’t work well with the entirety of the ride. This is just one example of bad pacing

My biggest issue is that it feels like a soap opera. The little drama going on between characters. Not a fun adventure. That’s why I think Frozen isn’t the best source material especially if you are going super book report and omitting the few bits that make for a fun attraction. At the very least The Little Mermaid rides and BatB rides lean into the strong musical numbers.

Why didn’t they include a scene with Wendy talking to her parents on Peter Pans flight instead of the flight to Neverland? Let’s put it another way, a Tony Baxter or Wed version of this ride would look nothing like this. Tony actually talks about how not all good stories or movies make for good attractions and why it’s a reason they never made a Cinderella ride for example.

Last edited:

Mikomike12

The Screen complaint is very odd considering the only times there is an actual screen moment is 1. when we enter the memories at the beginning.. then coming out of the memories at the end?... no where else in the ride relys on screen media without an animatronic or a good reason for it being there?.....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom