Tokyo Disneyland Resort Expansion

Toni25

As an expansion, or a retheme?

I could live with it as an expansion to their Tomorrowland, but haaaard pass on a retheme.
But let's face it...Tomorrowland could use a retheme...just not necessarily turn everything into Star Wars.
Also, I can't wait to see what Imagineering comes up with. I bet It'll be something new and not seen in other parks.
But it's way to soon to speculate, I doubt we'd hear anything about it in the next 5 years...maybe for 2028, the resorts 45 year anniversary.
(RoTR will not feel that original by then, lol )

ThemeParkTraveller

In not so breaking news is that OLC said in an interview that They are looking at options for Splash Mountain at Tokyo Disneyland,

And from todays Shareholders meeting Toy Story MANIA at Tokyo DisneySea Might get an update but they will announce the details on future date.

Reposting here since it seems more relevant in this thread. I would be very surprised if OLC actually went ahead and re-themed Splash Mountain (and presumably all of Critter Country) when there are other areas of the park in much greater need of investment (old Fantasyland and Tomorrowland). Especially at a time when they have said they will probably have to push back non-essential future projects. I also can't think of an IP re-theme that would end up being better received in Japan than the current attraction. I imagine they are under pressure from Disney to share R&D costs for the Princess and the Frog project, but that film was one of the biggest bombs ever for WDAS in Japan.

Lintemuthstudios

Reposting here since it seems more relevant in this thread. I would be very surprised if OLC actually went ahead and re-themed Splash Mountain (and presumably all of Critter Country) when there are other areas of the park in much greater need of investment (old Fantasyland and Tomorrowland). Especially at a time when they have said they will probably have to push back non-essential future projects. I also can't think of an IP re-theme that would end up being better received in Japan than the current attraction. I imagine they are under pressure from Disney to share R&D costs for the Princess and the Frog project, but that film was one of the biggest bombs ever for WDAS in Japan.

I hope they find some way to retheme it. Maybe a new, original theme?

ThemeParkTraveller

The only iconic Disney film with talking animals that I could see being a good match with Critter Country's setting is Bambi. Winnie the Pooh could have also been an option but that already exists in Fantasyland. It seems a Pooh-themed water ride was even under consideration at one point.

CnLkXxOXYAAyjNY.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom