• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Tokyo Disneyland Resort Expansion

Magic Feather

Advertisement
Just bumped into this on twitter, It seems its the patent has been filed for Fantasy Springs Peterpan ride.
Two very different patents shown here. Left and Bottom Right are for a Boat Omnimover which was deemed a not-great idea IIRC. Top left though... I would expect to see it coming soon. Not for Pan though.

ThemeParkTraveller

Two very different patents shown here. Left and Bottom Right are for a Boat Omnimover which was deemed a not-great idea IIRC. Top left though... I would expect to see it coming soon. Not for Pan though.
Are you able to share which resort that tech is going to?

Regarding Peter Pan, is it known whether it's going to be screen-based (there's been some speculation about it possibly using similar tech to FOP) or if it's an actual boat ride?

ThemeParkTraveller

If You’re planning to go to Tokyo Disneyland next year, Check the refurbishment schedule! After Golden week ends Critter Country will have a long refurb and 6 Major attractions are set for a long refurb...
Splash, canoes, riverboat, railroad, TSI, all down May 7 - September 3.
So from what I can tell, this ended up being a standard refurbishment after all despite the 4-month closure. I can't spot any major updates in Splash Mountain or the area around it. I wonder why it took so long that they had to shut down the whole land for the entire peak summer period (as opposed to their annual maintenance in the slowest and coldest months of January/February).

ThemeParkTraveller

Nice. I imagine the crowds will be unbearable for the first few months, especially with the Olympics next summer. I hope they get the TDR app running in English soon. Fastpasses for the newest and most popular attraction run out pretty much minutes after park opening as demonstrated by Soaring, leaving those reliant on paper Fastpasses at a major disadvantage as they have to both walk to the attraction and wait in a queue to get a Fastpass while digital Fastpass users can get them instantly after entering the park.

Last edited:

jrhwdw

Shocking that it's opening on April 15th 2020! LOL!! ! thing through, I can't find the parade route in that video. Will it be directed a different way or have the same route in Tomorrowland and Toontown?

I can't believe TDR(or HKDL) hasn't relased their 2020 plans. I thought it would be today with the opening date but no.

ThemeParkTraveller

I believe that is City Hall. I don't think there's any room back there for Runaway Railway
Having Fantasy Springs pushed right against the berm of Toowntown does make expansion here pretty difficult. It looks like there might just be enough space if they get rid of Roger Rabbit (which hardly ever has much of a wait) and free up some backstage areas. Mickey & Minnie are incredibly popular in Japan, and MMRR would be a far better use of that space.

Texansgirl

Do yall think an end of May visit is too soon after opening in terms of crowds? I will probably purchase a vacation package with FastPasses.

Jose

I wonder if there's another reason for the early closure of Ariel's Greeting Grotto. I was under the impression that they can't start any construction in that area until the replacement CEP in Fantasy Springs is up and running.
I wouldn't be surprised to see a new LM dark ride. The indoor area is getting kinda old and with all the other princesses' dark rides they are building...

ThemeParkTraveller

Do yall think an end of May visit is too soon after opening in terms of crowds? I will probably purchase a vacation package with FastPasses.
I expect New Fantasyland to be packed for months since it's the first new land to open at either park in over 2 decades. Wait times for the Beauty and the Beast attraction will still likely top 4 hours on a regular basis, but the rest of the park will be more manageable. I would probably dedicate a half-day just for the new area. I'm not sure if it will be part of the Happy 15 early entry perk for Disney Hotel guests, but if so that would be an additional way to avoid a ridiculously long wait.

Top Bottom