• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Tokyo Disneyland Resort Expansion

mickeyfan5534

Christmas 2019 at TDR:

Last year for Colors Of Christmas, Not Christmas Stories...I love Christmas Stories but I'm surprised it's not in it's final year.

It's Christmas Time returns, no surprise there.
Good riddance to it too. This should have ended when they stopped the Holiday Greeting From Seven Ports. Christmas Stories at least needs new music and costumes imo. It's getting stale.

It's Christmas Time! returning is something we all knew was going to happen but I think it's on the same level as Christmas Wishes and Candlelight Reflections so that's perfectly fine with me.

SweetDuffy101

Good riddance to it too. This should have ended when they stopped the Holiday Greeting From Seven Ports. Christmas Stories at least needs new music and costumes imo. It's getting stale.

It's Christmas Time! returning is something we all knew was going to happen but I think it's on the same level as Christmas Wishes and Candlelight Reflections so that's perfectly fine with me.
Well, Its the same old thing from last year nothing to see this christmas besides the 15 meter tree with projection mapping simce Disneyland can’t have a projection show cause the entire castle will be under wraps Til April 07,2020.

Since Easter and and Christmas parades are being sponsored It can’t be touched, and surprise surprise its the longest Christmas Parade at Tokyo Disneyland right now.

Thats one of the indications that Fantasmic is ending next year with the End of Colors of Christmas.

Candlelight reflections had a decent tree and it had characters with a Great Score “Welcome to Christmas”.

mickeyfan5534

Well, Its the same old thing from last year nothing to see this christmas besides the 15 meter tree with projection mapping simce Disneyland can’t have a projection show cause the entire castle will be under wraps Til April 07,2020.
Nothing wrong with that. I think it's still in the upper echelons of the Disney Christmas events alongside Paris. Also to note is that Hello, New York is doing a Christmas version.

Thats one of the indications that Fantasmic is ending next year with the End of Colors of Christmas.

Candlelight reflections had a decent tree and it had characters with a Great Score “Welcome to Christmas”.
Candlelight Reflections is one of those things I wish I could have experienced in person. It's such a peaceful and beautiful little piece and there was a really understated elegance to the entire Harborside Christmas event that paired with the joyful and spectacular Christmas Fantasy at Disneyland really well.

jrhwdw

Nothing wrong with that. I think it's still in the upper echelons of the Disney Christmas events alongside Paris. Also to note is that Hello, New York is doing a Christmas version.

Candlelight Reflections is one of those things I wish I could have experienced in person. It's such a peaceful and beautiful little piece and there was a really understated elegance to the entire Harborside Christmas event that paired with the joyful and spectacular Christmas Fantasy at Disneyland really well.
I missed Hello New York! Thanks!

Any chance TDL will get a Castle Projection Spectacular back in spring or fall 2020? I'm guessing 1 wouldn't run in summer if Donald's Hot Jungle Summer returns next year?

mickeyfan5534

Any chance TDL will get a Castle Projection Spectacular back in spring or fall 2020? I'm guessing 1 wouldn't run in summer if Donald's Hot Jungle Summer returns next year?
No clue but I can possibly see it happening. And I can see them being smart enough to make a version that can run with a Castle Stage up. They did use projection mapping for Donald's Hot Jungle Summer after all.

ThemeParkTraveller

I assume the 20th celebration will start around April 2021. If Fantasmic is rumored to end November 2020, that doesn't seem like too much time to develop and test a new lagoon show. Unless it does not require much infrastructure change.

jrhwdw

I assume the 20th celebration will start around April 2021. If Fantasmic is rumored to end November 2020, that doesn't seem like too much time to develop and test a new lagoon show. Unless it does not require much infrastructure change.
Should be interesting to see what TDS comes up with. Will they go back to a TDS Style show like DisneySea Sympony and BraviSEAmo or try to outdo F!???? We really don't know what comes after F!, DL/DHS has not tried to replace it. DL just renewed and refreshed F! into F!2.0 during SWGE Construction.

It would be nice to finally get a permanent daytime habor show back!
IDK why TDS didn't go for it after Mythica and the stage construction.

jrhwdw

Apparently Hello New York! Is down for referb now??? Was that planned? Is something happening on that stage for Halloween? 3 months seems long compared 1 month for Dreaming Up.

Magic Feather

Apparently Hello New York! Is down for referb now??? Was that planned? Is something happening on that stage for Halloween? 3 months seems long compared 1 month for Dreaming Up.
It’s down for refurb while the Columbia gets its exterior refurb.

SweetDuffy101

So it's not an annual referb?
when it opens this november the show will debut its christmas version, the problem with dockside stage is it always get broken due to acrobatics during perfomances and they need to rebuild the entire floor of the stage to cope with the acrobats.

jaxonp

So is Tokyo Disneyland as crazy the week between Xmas and New Years as Golden Week? I'm going to be in Tokyo and am considering a few days at the resort. Probably suicide.

Top Bottom