Tokyo Disneyland Resort Expansion

ThemeParkTraveller

Nice. I imagine the crowds will be unbearable for the first few months, especially with the Olympics next summer. I hope they get the TDR app running in English soon. Fastpasses for the newest and most popular attraction run out pretty much minutes after park opening as demonstrated by Soaring, leaving those reliant on paper Fastpasses at a major disadvantage as they have to both walk to the attraction and wait in a queue to get a Fastpass while digital Fastpass users can get them instantly after entering the park.

Last edited:

jrhwdw

Shocking that it's opening on April 15th 2020! LOL!! ! thing through, I can't find the parade route in that video. Will it be directed a different way or have the same route in Tomorrowland and Toontown?

I can't believe TDR(or HKDL) hasn't relased their 2020 plans. I thought it would be today with the opening date but no.

ThemeParkTraveller

I believe that is City Hall. I don't think there's any room back there for Runaway Railway

Having Fantasy Springs pushed right against the berm of Toowntown does make expansion here pretty difficult. It looks like there might just be enough space if they get rid of Roger Rabbit (which hardly ever has much of a wait) and free up some backstage areas. Mickey & Minnie are incredibly popular in Japan, and MMRR would be a far better use of that space.

Texansgirl

Do yall think an end of May visit is too soon after opening in terms of crowds? I will probably purchase a vacation package with FastPasses.

Jose

I wonder if there's another reason for the early closure of Ariel's Greeting Grotto. I was under the impression that they can't start any construction in that area until the replacement CEP in Fantasy Springs is up and running.
I wouldn't be surprised to see a new LM dark ride. The indoor area is getting kinda old and with all the other princesses' dark rides they are building...

ThemeParkTraveller

Do yall think an end of May visit is too soon after opening in terms of crowds? I will probably purchase a vacation package with FastPasses.

I expect New Fantasyland to be packed for months since it's the first new land to open at either park in over 2 decades. Wait times for the Beauty and the Beast attraction will still likely top 4 hours on a regular basis, but the rest of the park will be more manageable. I would probably dedicate a half-day just for the new area. I'm not sure if it will be part of the Happy 15 early entry perk for Disney Hotel guests, but if so that would be an additional way to avoid a ridiculously long wait.

Animaniac93-98

Not having either an Aladdin or Little Mermaid dark ride always seemed like a missed opportunity to me given they each have a fully fledged land at TDS.

I feel like Sindbad was the alternative they went with. It's not an "official" Aladdin ride, but it has Alan Menken music and hugable tiger sidekick so are we really missing much by not having one with Jasmine and Abu specifically? Genie even has his own show next door and he and other Aladdin characters and songs are referenced elsewhere in the land.

I'm glad they chose to do another tale from the Arabian Nights legends and not some book report ride of the 1992 movie.

Animaniac93-98

I walked through the TDL expansion this week and you can tell the castle is quite big. You can see it from the hub rising above the Tomorrowland buildings. Heck, it may end up looking better than the new one in HKDL. :)

ThemeParkTraveller

I walked through the TDL expansion this week and you can tell the castle is quite big. You can see it from the hub rising above the Tomorrowland buildings. Heck, it may end up looking better than the new one in HKDL. :)

I believe it's supposed to be 30 meters tall when finished, which would be bigger than the original Sleeping Beauty Castle. It also looks like they are going for the post-curse color scheme.

SweetDuffy101

Okay The 2020-2021 Calendar and yep they went All in with New fantasyland with entertainment budget cuts at Tokyo Disneyland plus No easter and No summer next year at Disneyland, and an Entire re-run of seasonal shows at Tokyo DisneySea, well except for the mini events of BATB and Baymax events. Other than that prepare to be bored at Tokyo Disneyland and with no nighttime entertainment at Tokyo DisneySea besides the 5 minute fireworks but hey Who’s counting.

And More Annual pass Blockout dates for both parks. Yay Emphasis on the Yay meaning its going to be a boring seasonal year for Tokyo parks especially re-runs of seasonal shows and Yes I am disappointed with the annual slate.

Whats more frustrating since the Tokyo Disneyland seasonal parades are now sponsored its not going to be touched for a very very long time with Storybook parade within its 6th year as a seasonal parade and plus Another Pirates event with them touting this year would be there final year.

and Yeah Eliminating 2 seasonal events for a new area oh yes theres going to be a Backlash with Japanese fans and them Juicing on the olympics(yikes).

*if there’s going to be a change i might change my opinion.

and Yes i am still negative about the slate.

Last edited:

jrhwdw

Okay The 2020-2021 Calendar and yep they went All in with New fantasyland with entertainment budget cuts at Tokyo Disneyland plus No easter and No summer next year at Disneyland, and an Entire re-run of seasonal shows at Tokyo DisneySea, well except for the mini events of BATB and Baymax events. Other than that prepare to be bored at Tokyo Disneyland and with no nighttime entertainment at Tokyo DisneySea besides the 5 minute fireworks but hey Who’s counting.

And More Annual pass Blockout dates for both parks. Yay Emphasis on the Yay meaning its going to be a boring seasonal year for Tokyo parks especially re-runs of seasonal shows and Yes I am disappointed with the annual slate.

Whats more frustrating since the Tokyo Disneyland seasonal parades are now sponsored its not going to be touched for a very very long time with Storybook parade within its 6th year as a seasonal parade and plus Another Pirates event with them touting this year would be there final year.

and Yeah Eliminating 2 seasonal events for a new area oh yes theres going to be a Backlash with Japanese fans and them Juicing on the olympics(yikes).

*if there’s going to be a change i might change my opinion.

and Yes i am still negative about the slate.
SO.. No F! replacement, No Celebrate TDL! Replacement, Still waiting for the new Dreamlights Drum, NO reason to referb Dreaming Up! next year because you have nothing to fill it with and NO STAR FESTIVAL?!?!?!? TDR's best Season outside of Christmas????

Who's running TDR these days????? Is OLC losing control???????

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom