Tokyo Disneyland Resort Expansion

jrhwdw

I assume the 20th celebration will start around April 2021. If Fantasmic is rumored to end November 2020, that doesn't seem like too much time to develop and test a new lagoon show. Unless it does not require much infrastructure change.
Should be interesting to see what TDS comes up with. Will they go back to a TDS Style show like DisneySea Sympony and BraviSEAmo or try to outdo F!???? We really don't know what comes after F!, DL/DHS has not tried to replace it. DL just renewed and refreshed F! into F!2.0 during SWGE Construction.

It would be nice to finally get a permanent daytime habor show back!
IDK why TDS didn't go for it after Mythica and the stage construction.

jrhwdw

Apparently Hello New York! Is down for referb now??? Was that planned? Is something happening on that stage for Halloween? 3 months seems long compared 1 month for Dreaming Up.

SweetDuffy101

So it's not an annual referb?
when it opens this november the show will debut its christmas version, the problem with dockside stage is it always get broken due to acrobatics during perfomances and they need to rebuild the entire floor of the stage to cope with the acrobats.

jaxonp

So is Tokyo Disneyland as crazy the week between Xmas and New Years as Golden Week? I'm going to be in Tokyo and am considering a few days at the resort. Probably suicide.

SweetDuffy101

So.......Fantasmic ends not in November but on March 25,2020. With a slate of Closures Ariels Greeting Groto on March 31, 2019.
Atmosphere shows like Jungle rhythms, Astro Robo and Lilo and stitch luau dining show ending on march 31, 2019.

With Ariels greeting groto ending, Something might be brewing up for Arabian Coast.

ThemeParkTraveller

So.......Fantasmic ends not in November but on March 25,2020. With a slate of Closures Ariels Greeting Groto on March 31, 2019.
Atmosphere shows like Jungle rhythms, Astro Robo and Lilo and stitch luau dining show ending on march 31, 2019.

With Ariels greeting groto ending, Something might be brewing up for Arabian Coast.

I'm really curious to see what type of replacement show they choose for Fantasmic. There's definitely enough time to drain the lagoon if necessary before the 20th Anniversary celebrations.

I'm also surprised Ariel's Greeting Grotto is closing next year. The area behind it was always rumored to be an additional expansion pad for either Mermaid Lagoon or Arabian Coast (especially once we found out Fantasy Springs was adding a CEP), but it seems too soon to start major work with Fantasy Springs still under construction.

Strangely, they haven't mentioned anything about Grotto Photos & Gifts closing too. The shop would presumably be redundant after the closing of the Greeting Grotto.

jrhwdw

Really ??? that early???? Or do you mean 2021???? I would think they wound have to announce that soon to let people know.

I would also like to see TDR 2020 Plans All we we have now is Winter 2020 and maybe F! Final Season???

ThemeParkTraveller

Really ??? that early???? Or do you mean 2021???? I would think they wound have to announce that soon to let people know.

I would also like to see TDR 2020 Plans All we we have now is Winter 2020 and maybe F! Final Season???

I thought Fantasmic would be kept until at least after the Olympics. Not having a nighttime show during this extremely busy period seems strange.

SweetDuffy101

The problem with F! right now is that it’s constantly getting broken, and we don’t see a perfect performance of F! anymore, it Affects the show and its 8 years Run and the LED screen has been broken many times now and its really showing its age the same as Legend of mythica during its final days.

After Braviseamo Ended OLC didn’t announced any replacement of the show until few months before Fantasmic supposed to debut, Perhaps we could hear more with the next Expo or Shareholders meeting on April 2020 together with the announcement of the 20th anniversary celebrations at Tokyo DisneySea.

And the space where the Ariels Greeting groto , It might be replaced by a new Little Mermaid dark ride since other facilities in the area arent closed that is connected to Mermaid Lagoon besides Ariel Greeting Grotto.

Last edited:

jrhwdw

OMG It's TRUE!!!!!!! TDR's Japanese site and now TC has it!!!!!
Just wanted to add that while it's too bad that F! is having problems, this feels like bad timing or too early like Celebrate TDL's quick exit. Hopefully TDR has some plan.....

jrhwdw

The problem with F! right now is that it’s constantly getting broken, and we don’t see a perfect performance of F! anymore, it Affects the show and its 8 years Run and the LED screen has been broken many times now and its really showing its age the same as Legend of mythica during its final days.

After Braviseamo Ended OLC didn’t announced any replacement of the show until few months before Fantasmic supposed to debut, Perhaps we could hear more with the next Expo or Shareholders meeting on April 2020 together with the announcement of the 20th anniversary celebrations at Tokyo DisneySea.

And the space where the Ariels Greeting groto , It might be replaced by a new Little Mermaid dark ride since other facilities in the area arent closed that is connected to Mermaid Lagoon besides Ariel Greeting Grotto.
F! Almost didn't open in April 2011 because of the earthquake. Brav closed November 2010, I don't remember when F! And TDS 10th was announced.

PiratesMansion

Kind of late to this discussion but it's interesting to me that they're closing F! Is it just the condition of the show components or are audiences getting tired of it?

Maybe I'm just fascinated because I bought a bunch of TDR entertainment Blu-rays and there seemed to be many indications that OLC BADLY wanted Fantasmic before it came- the 10th anniversary castle show seems to allude to it, Fantillusion, rumored for TDS for opening, etc. Perhaps some other shows that I'm forgetting reused F! elements too. I'm surely reading too much into this, but I find it all fascinating that after all that, TDR is the first resort to seemingly end the show completely.

ThemeParkTraveller

Kind of late to this discussion but it's interesting to me that they're closing F! Is it just the condition of the show components or are audiences getting tired of it?

Maybe I'm just fascinated because I bought a bunch of TDR entertainment Blu-rays and there seemed to be many indications that OLC BADLY wanted Fantasmic before it came- the 10th anniversary castle show seems to allude to it, Fantillusion, rumored for TDS for opening, etc. Perhaps some other shows that I'm forgetting reused F! elements too. I'm surely reading too much into this, but I find it all fascinating that after all that, TDR is the first resort to seemingly end the show completely.

One of the insiders on another site once mentioned that the exit polls for Fantasmic were pretty poor. I think it was originally intended to be a permanent show like Dreamlights is at TDL, but there were a number of issues that made it less successful than its counterparts at DL and DHS. Having the projections on the giant sorcerer's hat just didn't work as well as the mist screens in the other versions. Steve Davison knew OLC was not satisfied with the show and offered to fix it, but by then they did not want to sink any more money into the show (this was a number of years back). If I remember correctly, the large number of performers required nightly was also an issue.

jrhwdw

One of the insiders on another site once mentioned that the exit polls for Fantasmic were pretty poor. I think it was originally intended to be a permanent show like Dreamlights is at TDL, but there were a number of issues that made it less successful than its counterparts at DL and DHS. Having the projections on the giant sorcerer's hat just didn't work as well as the mist screens in the other versions. Steve Davison knew OLC was not satisfied with the show and offered to fix it, but by then they did not want to sink any more money into the show (this was a number of years back). If I remember correctly, the large number of performers required nightly was also an issue.
I don't remember Exit Data but I know I read somewhere that F! was Budgeted?/Planned?/Good for 10 years. That was back when it opened. So, I'm not suprised that TDS wants a new night show for the 20th, I just think it's ending too early before the 20th.

ThemeParkTraveller

I wonder if there's another reason for the early closure of Ariel's Greeting Grotto. I was under the impression that they can't start any construction in that area until the replacement CEP in Fantasy Springs is up and running.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom