Tokyo Disneyland Resort Expansion

GiveMeTheMusic

I know you posted this awhile ago, but i was wondering if you could expand on this? Or were you referring to the 35th anniversary stuff? I'm just curious!

LOL - that comment was an attempt to get the thread back on track, since it's the TDR expansion thread. :) TDL and TDS are both undergoing big expansions as we speak. TDL is getting the Beauty and the Beast miniland, Baymax ride, new theatre, new Minnie meet, new park entrance. TDS is getting Soaring, the giant Fantasy Springs land, and the new hotel. And more is coming for TDL. We should hear about the next expansions for TDL once the current one opens in 2020.

Timothy_Q

LOL - that comment was an attempt to get the thread back on track, since it's the TDR expansion thread. :) TDL and TDS are both undergoing big expansions as we speak. TDL is getting the Beauty and the Beast miniland, Baymax ride, new theatre, new Minnie meet, new park entrance. TDS is getting Soaring, the giant Fantasy Springs land, and the new hotel. And more is coming for TDL. We should hear about the next expansions for TDL once the current one opens in 2020.
I kinda expect TDL to do with ROA the same thing they did with the Speedway.

Build new Tokyo-exclusive rides on the huge plot of land to increase park capacity

Porkybabe101

Oh i see haha. Well it sounds like TDR has an exciting future!

Porkybabe101

I kinda expect TDL to do with ROA the same thing they did with the Speedway.

Build new Tokyo-exclusive rides on the huge plot of land to increase park capacity
I could see that happening. I personally wouldn't mind seeing a land themed around ancient Greece or Egypt put somewhere in TDS.

RandySavage

Soarin' slowly appearing and looking good (from http://www.deepdisney.com/nikkan01.html)...
033002018111300.JPG

033002018111301.JPG

056002018111301.JPG

046002018111300.JPG

The_Mesh_Hatter

Original Poster
1. Splash mountain( May 01- Sept 03)(Feb04 to March 05)
2. Gadgets Go Coaster
3. Beaver brothers canoe ( May 01- Sept 03)
4. Tom sawyer Island( May 01- Sept 03)
5. mark twain( May 01- Sept 03)
6. Western River RailRoad( May 01- Sept 03)

Sounds like ROA is in for an extensive refurbishment. I imagine the river will be drained, track will be replaced, and the Mark Twain refreshed. While not enough time for major thematic changes, this should cement ROA’s place in TDL for the upcoming decades.

It did get me thinking about what OLC could do if they wanted to bring new life to this area, given their trend of reimagining classics. One thing that surprised me was that TDL only has one ship on the rivers. Adding a second ship would be an easy way to increase capacity. I think the Columbia would be appreciated there.

The railroad does have space for a second diorama as it hugs the park’s perimeter. It would be interesting to see scenes inspired by WRE.

215E7468-1192-478B-ADFF-3535AE820F9B.jpeg

britain

Actually, if you read the description, it sounds like it could actually be themed to the nines! Like what if the whole building looked like rumpled cardboard?! Wouldn't surprise me with OLC behind it.

Timothy_Q

I wonder if OLC has any long term plans for a 3rd gate somewhere / somehow.

They're running out of space to expand in their current land (since they're expanding so much)

BrianLo

While not enough time for major thematic changes, this should cement ROA’s place in TDL for the upcoming decades.

Decades? This is not Florida.

Extensive refurbs are common and essentially meaningless on the longevity of an attraction in Tokyo. I very strongly suspect Rivers of America is in line to be a mid-term casualty, unless a Tomorrowland expansion happens next.

However, that is at least several years off and OLC has no qualms with spending on something that will still be around in 6 months, let alone a few years. Something around for decades they'll refurbish a good dozen times.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom