Tokyo Disneyland Resort Expansion

Markiewong

I'm hearing that OLC is having some trouble with fantasy springs hotel exterior, They said that they already added more cash to fix the issue.
Entire facade is back in scaffolding again, so this seems to corroborate your claim.

1689673987890.png

Source: LaughingPlace twitter

Supersnow84

What is it about the hotel that’s giving the park so many problems, you’d assume they would be more likely to have a problem with a new ride tech or something of that calibre

Not building a hotel

BrianLo

They are really going at it. Good, because a bunch of the hotel looked like pure trash.

A large section that was previously a giant blank pink wall is getting an entire painted mountain valley mural.

A lot of it didn't look like the sort of thing that was meant to be guest facing, let alone the full vantage and impression one sees of the hotel. Large sections of awkward small or lack of windows. I'm sure the entrance and exit viewable portions are passable, but I cannot think of another Deluxe Disney resort where they tried to make one tiny slice of the hotel presentable and the rest of the hotel look like it is meant to be backstage.

SweetDuffy101

Sinbad storybook voyage will undergo a 7 months refurbishment from Feb 13,2024 to Sept 24, 2024.

This refurbishment will be like Pirates ride refurbishment just replacing the old show building to a new one.

4 Months Refurbishment for Big Thunder mountain is set for Feb 07 to June 13 2024.

4 months refurbishment is set for Poohs Hunny hunt from Jan 26 to May 24,2024.

3 months refurbishment for Peter pans flight from Jan 26 to April 24, 2024.

Toy story Mania from Jan 10 to April 4 2024.

Believe! SEA OF DREAMS Jan 09 to Feb 05, 2024.

Other upcoming refurbishments that are yet to be announced.

Space mountain.
Mickeys Magical Music World.
Harmony In color.
Club Mouse beat.

celluloid

This is the great thing about OLC. Here it is clearly the least of the deluxe resorts in looks, even with back of the park perk, and everyone kind of knew it was underdelivering.

Looks like they are going to make it at least a little better.

And in the states we get the DVC towers.

ChiGuy4Now

Ever heard of prefab?

Yes, I have, of course. I snoozed on that Pirates refurb and didn’t realize that is what they did during that closure, so am a bit fascinated at the scale of that type of refurbishment. It does make sense, with the water element in each of these attractions, that the metal shell of the structure would need replacing after years/decades of exposure to the moisture.

I do wish this was not happening around the opening of Fantasy Springs, as the higher guest count once that opens would have benefitted from having this extra people-eater open to help control crowds a bit.

BasiltheBatLord

Sinbad storybook voyage will undergo a 7 months refurbishment from Feb 13,2024 to Sept 24, 2024.

This refurbishment will be like Pirates ride refurbishment just replacing the old show building to a new one.

4 Months Refurbishment for Big Thunder mountain is set for Feb 07 to June 13 2024.

4 months refurbishment is set for Poohs Hunny hunt from Jan 26 to May 24,2024.

3 months refurbishment for Peter pans flight from Jan 26 to April 24, 2024.

Toy story Mania from Jan 10 to April 4 2024.

Believe! SEA OF DREAMS Jan 09 to Feb 05, 2024.

Other upcoming refurbishments that are yet to be announced.

Space mountain.
Mickeys Magical Music World.
Harmony In color.
Club Mouse beat.
Any word on the auction scene at PotC? I know there was some speculation it could be coming during the 3 week Oct. refurb.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom