Tokyo Disneyland Resort Expansion

PiratesMansion

I think this expansion is necessary, as cool as Disney Sea is, it barely felt like whole day park to me. By 6pm, I pretty much rode everything I could, albeit I did use premier access though. I can't wait for what this expansion will do, since I feel like Disney Sea feels a bit more lacking than Tokyo Disneyland.
It was much less noticeable back when the park was stuffed with top-quality entertainment. Back in 2010, it was a marvel: you had the original (superior) Mermaid show, Mystic Rhythms, Mythica, BraviSeamo, seasonal shows, Big Band Beat, etc. Alas, the park is not firing on its 2010 cylinders, nor is it fully firing on its 2019 cylinders from what I can tell.

I think both Tokyo parks clearly could use more capacity and this expansion, as much as I'm annoyed with the seemingly never-ending delays of this project, will be a huge help to the park.

Timothy_Q

This expansion will fix TDS's main (only?) issue of not having enough family friendly dark rides, and not many unique rides for international visitors

Now it will not only be the most beautiful and well designed park in the world, but also have a killer roster of attractions

Mark_E

With 4 more rides (3 seemingly quite large!) there’s going to be enough to do in one day with no opportunity for re-rides. It will also help hopefully to balance some of the current longer queues like Soarin’ and Midway Mania. I think it’s a well needed addition to the park.

Kevin_W

It was much less noticeable back when the park was stuffed with top-quality entertainment. Back in 2010, it was a marvel: you had the original (superior) Mermaid show, Mystic Rhythms, Mythica, BraviSeamo, seasonal shows, Big Band Beat, etc. Alas, the park is not firing on its 2010 cylinders, nor is it fully firing on its 2019 cylinders from what I can tell.

I think both Tokyo parks clearly could use more capacity and this expansion, as much as I'm annoyed with the seemingly never-ending delays of this project, will be a huge help to the park.

We saw Big Band Beat and Believe! and that was pretty much it for entertainment in the park. (Let's Celebrate with Colors barely rates.) We saw a couple minutes of the maritime band, but that was an accident as they were out beyond the entranceand didn't have published showtimes (that we could find, at least). More entertainment would be great. As ptetty as that park was, it did feel light on things to do vs. Tokyo Disneyland.

Supersnow84

This expansion will fix TDS's main (only?) issue of not having enough family friendly dark rides, and not many unique rides for international visitors

Now it will not only be the most beautiful and well designed park in the world, but also have a killer roster of attractions
Though TDS was always designed as the more mature park, the idea was always that if the kids wanted to go you’d take them to Disneyland, if it was adults (or older teens you’d go to DisneySea

Supersnow84

Anyone able to do an overlay of this for what is what?
AE1C77E8-FA9B-49C0-87DA-7DCCCC826CB8.jpeg

I’m sorry it’s a terribly rushed job

Blue Neverland
-light sky blue- Neverland FOP
-dark blue- lost boys restaurant
-bright blue pixie hollow

Red corona
-pink- tangled boat ride

Green arendelle
-dark green- frozen ever after 2.0
-light green- arendelle castle restaurant

Yellow fantasy spring hotel and surrounding grounds both inside and outside the park

Mark_E

Brilliant thank you.
Do we have any more info on the ride systems? Are either Frozen/Tangled using the Pirates tech from Shanghai? Is Peter Pan going to be something totally unique? I really can’t tell fro, the ride vehicle photos.

Supersnow84

Brilliant thank you.
Do we have any more info on the ride systems? Are either Frozen/Tangled using the Pirates tech from Shanghai? Is Peter Pan going to be something totally unique? I really can’t tell fro, the ride vehicle photos.
I believe that the big e ticket for netherland is FOP style and the frozen ride is Shanghai pirates

I think that’s all we have gotten any info at all on

Mark_E

I believe that the big e ticket for netherland is FOP style and the frozen ride is Shanghai pirates

I think that’s all we have gotten any info at all on
I find that interesting, because the Peter Pan vehicles look much more like traditional ride vehicles than what you’d expect for a FOP a style ride. The building is also huge! I guess time will tell.

mharrington

Not counting Space Mountain, do we know what exactly is being done with this mysterious Tomorrowland overhaul?

Peter Pan uses the Spider Man system from IOA, not FOP

Where did you hear about that? I was led to believe, officially, that it would utilize technology from Flight of Passage.

Incidentally, I believe the IOA Spider-Man ride has also been replicated at Universal Osaka.

SweetDuffy101

Not counting Space Mountain, do we know what exactly is being done with this mysterious Tomorrowland overhaul?

Where did you hear about that? I was led to believe, officially, that it would utilize technology from Flight of Passage.

Incidentally, I believe the IOA Spider-Man ride has also been replicated at Universal Osaka.
From what i heard is Peter pan will be an S-Ticket a never before seen ride technology, TDS peterpan will be the first to implement the ride system.

After that Avengers S-ticket ride will be following the suit.

Rapunzel ride- Shanghai pirates

Frozen-.........

Supersnow84

From what i heard is Peter pan will be an S-Ticket a never before seen ride technology, TDS peterpan will be the first to implement the ride system.

After that Avengers S-ticket ride will be following the suit.

Rapunzel ride- Shanghai pirates

Frozen-.........
Do you mean mega e ticket when you say s ticket

And the avengers ride you are referring to, do you mean the DCA/HKDL zone or have they announced something marvel for the Tomorrowland overhaul

I agree that one of frozen or tangled will be Shanghai pirates

BasiltheBatLord

Besides Space Mountain, do we know anything else about the Tomorrowland overhaul to come?
The plaza out front of SM is also being re-done, as can be seen in the concept art. That's all that's been said officially.

Keep in mind the west side of TL basically got "overhauled" in 2020 when Baymax was added.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom