Tokyo Disney Resort 40th Anniversary “Dream-Go-Round”

SweetDuffy101

Well this is interesting, Funderful Disney(Tokyo disney members club) has just announced a campaign for members.
For a chance to win a Vacation package Believe Sea of Dreams for 15 groups(30 winners) plus a guaranteed spot for the 40th anniversary ceremonies on April 15th 2023. plus 200 groups( 400 winners) will get a chance to have a guaranteed spot for the opening ceremonies on April 15th 2023.

jrhwdw

Well this is interesting, Funderful Disney(Tokyo disney members club) has just announced a campaign for members.
For a chance to win a Vacation package Believe Sea of Dreams for 15 groups(30 winners) plus a guaranteed spot for the 40th anniversary ceremonies on April 15th 2023. plus 200 groups( 400 winners) will get a chance to have a guaranteed spot for the opening ceremonies on April 15th 2023.
Great!! Any idea on when the full 40th's Plans are announced?

Is the New Parade planning on a full cast????

SweetDuffy101

Great!! Any idea on when the full 40th's Plans are announced?

Is the New Parade planning on a full cast????
Nothing new has been announced they're keeping the details last minute, and they're still anticipating an announcement from the local government theme park guidelines.

Of course that the new entertainment moving forward will be a full cast.

Those might be the reasons why OLC doesn't want to announce anything.

If it helps Celebrate! Tokyo Disneyland projection was being tested a few weeks ago.

Sidenote)
Tokyo Disney Resort Sponsors has been rolling out campaigns for the 40th anniversary early morning party.

While Funderful Disney is rolling out the campaign for opening ceremonies which will lasts approximately 20 mins max.

No special show nor parade will be performed.

jrhwdw

Nothing new has been announced they're keeping the details last minute, and they're still anticipating an announcement from the local government theme park guidelines.

Of course that the new entertainment moving forward will be a full cast.

Those might be the reasons why OLC doesn't want to announce anything.

If it helps Celebrate! Tokyo Disneyland projection was being tested a few weeks ago.
That does help! That's good news!

SweetDuffy101

40th anniversary details are here......
uhmmm so yeah...... Its interesting Choices per se

and interesting to see that they purposely retired baymax float to be repurposed for Harmony in Color which is a first in awhile.

yep we're still stuck in Tokyo DisneySea not having a proper daytime entertainment, besides Jamboree mickey and 1 barge greeting show.

BasiltheBatLord

Boy, the parks feel really stale lately. Not sure how much of that is me getting used to being a local and how much is real stagnation. Just feels like not much to draw repeat visitors back. Here's hoping the gov't COVID reclassification gives them a kick a pants.

SweetDuffy101

Boy, the parks feel really stale lately. Not sure how much of that is me getting used to being a local and how much is real stagnation. Just feels like not much to draw repeat visitors back. Here's hoping the gov't COVID reclassification gives them a kick a pants.
Honestly USJ has better offerings than TDR.
When Universal Studios Japan keeps on giving,
Meanwhile at Tokyo Disney Resort 🦗🦗🦗

Wait they have one, You can now enjoy the the new anniversary banner with mickey and minnie same design.... but wait wait for it....the banner comes in 40 different colors.

jrhwdw

So much for Celebrate TDL coming Back......And TDL'S not listing the full cast number for the Parade which bothers me!
If USJ's new parade has more cast than TDL......

You would think the cut down Dreamlights and Dreaming Up would be hurting TDL......

Steve2753

and interesting to see that they purposely retired baymax float to be repurposed for Harmony in Color which is a first in awhile.

yep we're still stuck in Tokyo DisneySea not having a proper daytime entertainment, besides Jamboree mickey and 1 barge greeting show.
So........no new projection show??

IMDREW

Well, this looks real sad after the 35th. Dreaming Up! is my favorite daytime parade and this looks like such a downgrade design wise.

TsWade2

I like what I’m seeing for Disney Harmony In Color Parade. It looks majestic and very colorful. Except for one thing. I have a feeling that Disney is making the classics like Snow White, Pinocchio, Cinderella, The Jungle Book, etc. forgotten. But that’s just me. At least, Magic Happens has some classics with it. Very excited for the new parade though.

wtyy21

First glimpse of Tokyo Disney Resort 40th anniversary, including the first castle decoration since the 30th anniversary.

327306949_627120669180987_422951923841123140_n.jpg

327305626_1350019895766903_5882834535097473465_n.jpg

327151211_1019825069421203_1097466212744143082_n.jpg

327019825_871503617235537_1994233146801223607_n.jpg

Soleurs

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I’ve been here since 19, two dear friends who have been here since 05 and 98 generally agree with my assessment that the parks absolutely were more fun before the pandemic. But why should OLC care, honestly? The super fans keep coming back and there’s a surprisingly large contingent of new fans who started post-2020 don’t even know what things used to be like. Honestly it seems like the goal is keeping things like this a couple more years until those fans outnumber the ones who remember what things used to be like. What’s an annual pass? We never had those!
Honestly USJ has better offerings than TDR.
When Universal Studios Japan keeps on giving,
Meanwhile at Tokyo Disney Resort 🦗🦗🦗

Wait they have one, You can now enjoy the the new anniversary banner with mickey and minnie same design.... but wait wait for it....the banner comes in 40 different colors.
Yup I’ve had such a better time visiting USJ a few times this year than my similar number of days at TDR. Things keep changing, HHN and countdown in particular were a blast. New king of Japanese theme parks?

SweetDuffy101

am I missing something, because i dont see any 40th anniversary merch nor special menus being announced besides the banners and literally a couple food and dessert. and whats mind boggling is that were nearing 60 days before the party gets started.

The information are just so minimal at this stage.

Additional info) the government has announced will be starting to ease pandemic restriction starting this spring 2023, masks will be voluntary, limited capacity on entertainment leisure's will be abolished and people now can cheer on concerts and special events.

Steve2753

am I missing something, because i dont see any 40th anniversary merch nor special menus being announced besides the banners and literally a couple food and dessert. and whats mind boggling is that were nearing 60 days before the party gets started.

The information are just so minimal at this stage.

Additional info) the government has announced will be starting to ease pandemic restriction starting this spring 2023, masks will be voluntary, limited capacity on entertainment leisure's will be abolished and people now can cheer on concerts and special events.
Maybe they're going to announce more stuffs either during the celebration or at the very last minute just like how Paris announced Disney Dreams' return in the middle of the celebration. (Still hoping for the return of Celebrate! / a new projection show)

SweetDuffy101

The Main title of the Theme song for the 40th anniversary has been leaked on the Tokyo Disney Resort 40th anniversary concert website.

The theme song is titled [Living In Color]

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom