Tokyo Disney Resort 35th Anniversary: Happiest Celebration

mickeyfan5534

Original Poster
You have a point, Although I would like to see Celebrate TDL shown between events if TDL has other shows for events. I HOPE all the new equipment is permanent and won't be gutted after summer like the past times TDL has had fountains .
When has TDL had fountains?

mickeyfan5534

Original Poster
Granted those were on the stage and the castle, nothing to the level Celebrate is getting. But they were fan favorites until stage shows were stopped in favor of OUAT.
Was it ever explained why they couldn't do the shows in addition to OUAT? Could they not build a stage like they did with DisneySea's stages that can sink into the ground?

rabbit111

Wait a minute?!?!?!?!?!? Is Celebrate TDL JUST for summer?!?!?! This sentence is what I'm asking about?

This grand musical journey around the Kingdom of Dreams and Magic can only be experienced during this summer period.

Or, is this just summer marketing?

"Celebrate!Tokyo Disneyland" will continue until 2020!
2018-04-18_230159.jpg

http://www.olc.co.jp/en/ir/library/presentations/main/00/teaserItems1/0/file/irp2018-03e.pdf

MTBaymax

Let’s say what we’re all thinking.

Could this be Remember 2.0, and (as much as i and everybody else love HEA) could this be a dry run for a 50th anniversary fireworks show for MK?

GiveMeTheMusic

Let’s say what we’re all thinking.

Could this be Remember 2.0, and (as much as i and everybody else love HEA) could this be a dry run for a 50th anniversary fireworks show for MK?

Celebrate is indeed TDL's Remember - it celebrates the park itself and not so much Disney movies. It's a Davison production, so it will be fantastic. Anything re: WDW is pure speculation.

Magic Feather

So, slightly unpopular opinion alert. After letting Dreaming Up! sit with me for a bit, it ranks just below Festival of Fantasy for me (So at #3, since HiH is #1 and FoF is #2 for me) due to a couple of key things. The float has some incredible floats, but the rest are resoundingly mediocre. The Great Floats being Airship, Alice, Princess, Belle, and Poppins/Pan, while the less than ideal are all of the broom floats, Pinnochio, Pooh, and BH6. For me, I like everything being kept to a high standard, which is exactly what FoF and HiH did. While DU has the brooms and Soundsational has the drums, FoF and HiH have no such crutch and stick to a similar aesthetic.
But, above all, my biggest pet peeve was the lack of a finale. I love a cavalcade of characters as much as the next guy, but the Pinnochio Unit should have been scrapped in favor of a two piece finale. I would have even been okay with them reusing the finale HiH floats, but alas.

VJ

So, slightly unpopular opinion alert. After letting Dreaming Up! sit with me for a bit, it ranks just below Festival of Fantasy for me (So at #3, since HiH is #1 and FoF is #2 for me) due to a couple of key things. The float has some incredible floats, but the rest are resoundingly mediocre. The Great Floats being Airship, Alice, Princess, Belle, and Poppins/Pan, while the less than ideal are all of the broom floats, Pinnochio, Pooh, and BH6. For me, I like everything being kept to a high standard, which is exactly what FoF and HiH did. While DU has the brooms and Soundsational has the drums, FoF and HiH have no such crutch and stick to a similar aesthetic.
But, above all, my biggest pet peeve was the lack of a finale. I love a cavalcade of characters as much as the next guy, but the Pinnochio Unit should have been scrapped in favor of a two piece finale. I would have even been okay with them reusing the finale HiH floats, but alas.
The broom floats are meant to accomplish what the carousel horses did in Happiness is Here; introduce each section of the parade.

rill

The only thing I don't like about the parade is how Donald and Daisy are on an Aladdin themed broom without an Aladdin-esque float in the final unit, it just feels incomplete.

VJ

The only thing I don't like about the parade is how Donald and Daisy are on an Aladdin themed broom without an Aladdin-esque float in the final unit, it just feels incomplete.
I guess the Aladdin unit rumor never ended up being a thing? Aw..

SweetDuffy101

IDK about immediately. Fashionable Easter isn't due out till the 18th I believe. Yet it was on YT before Happiness Is Here ended. How does that work? Is that called a bad leak?

About that, There is however a Pre-release for the soundtrack inside the resort days after the show premiered. Its not leaked its just Sold earlier than other media outlets, But some soundtracks are available on iTunes, Apple Music and Spotify. I dont know if its a japan store exclusive but I think you can see some soundtracks. Like Minnies tropical splash, TDS15th, BBB, Minnie Oh Minnie ETC..

Press for the summer shows has arrived!
http://www.olc.co.jp/en/news/news_tdr/20180418_01e/main/0/link/20180418_01e.pdf

Summer sounds almost the exact same as last year but the new regular shows intrigue me
But its still registered as a regular night time show. maybe it will be an anniversary exclusive show. They’ve put a ton of money in this show. i don’t think they want to waste that muh money, but then again Celebrate! we will get a new nighttime spectacular.

Last edited:

mickeyfan5534

Original Poster
But its still registered as a regular night time show. maybe it will be an anniversary exclusive show. They’ve put a ton of money in this show. i don’t think they want to waste that muh money, but then again Celebrate! we will get a new nighttime spectacular.
Might we end up with a seasonal rotation? Something new next Spring, Celebrate! in the summer, something new for Halloween, and Gifts of Christmas?

jrhwdw

I'm thinking Donald is the Aladdin unit. As for the finale, I'm thinking TDL planned for Pan/Wendy and the character flood behind it, to be the finale. If you think about it, Pan/Wendy flying by wires takes the effect to another level above Mary and Tink in PTN using a lift crane. Plus I don't think TDL ever had a character flood in a regular parade before, so that's new for them.

Pangoo

So I was at Tokyo Sea on 4/16 and TDL on 4/18. They had It's a small world on Fastpass because of the changes. The family loved the new characters. They pretty much had characters from every animated movie property (non pixar). We also enjoyed the Parade and Water show at both parks. One funny thing was, it was raining pretty hard on 4/18. My wife and I thought that would translate into lower local crowds showing up and mostly tourists at the park. It was completely opposite, the park was packed with locals (the small world line was consistently 40 min). Barely any tourists showed lol.

VJ

Still not sure who the singer is. But! I found out the writers/producers of "Dream Up", the main theme of the parade, thanks to the ASCAP repertory. Andy Dodd and Dewain Whitmore Jr., both of whom have a prior history with Disney music (but nothing pertaining to the Parks as far as I can tell).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom