Tokyo cars spotted near the speedway

21stamps

Was hoping a sponsorship for Tomorrowland Speedway with a manufacturer would electrify those cars. General Motors would be a candidate, however, Tesla seems fit for this role as their brand image aligns more closely with electrification.

Japan seems ahead of America in terms of technology. However, this wasn't the change anyone was rooting for.

I think GM would be (more than) a little upset over that.

AndyS2992

Hong Kong Disneyland's version closed last year which had electric cars so where did they go?

And news to me, Disneyland Paris's cars are hybrids.

Katie G

Their new solar roof priced out to my house house was $96,000. I think some one at Tesla mistook a roof square as being a sq ft not 100 sq ft. Tesla claims the roof is the price of a normal high end roof???? $96,000???? I could guild my roof for that. Makes a full copper roof look like a cheap roofing options.

I thought the article said that the whole roof did not need to be covered in solar tiles, but you only needed a small % of the solar tiles. So it was slightly less expensive than other solar roofs.

GeneralKnowledge

Their new solar roof priced out to my house house was $96,000. I think some one at Tesla mistook a roof square as being a sq ft not 100 sq ft. Tesla claims the roof is the price of a normal high end roof???? $96,000???? I could guild my roof for that. Makes a full copper roof look like a cheap roofing options.

Just to clarify, the comparison they were making was that the cost was equivalent to a new roof PLUS the cost of the energy produced by the solar tiles over 25 years. I think that technicality slipped by a lot of people.

jt04

Elon will be lucky not to go BK on Tesla. Space X is his baby and it's doing well from what I know. The hyperloop is an old idea and Elon has zero to do with producing one, just an idea he unleashed ahead of a bad earnings report.

Actually he announced he has approval to build a hyperloop between Washington DC and New York. Wouldn't be surprised to see construction sooner rather than later.

Spike-in-Berlin

I was hoping that the construction of TRON near the present TL Speedway would bring a MAJOR change into this area as well, but we know already that will not happen. At least I am hoping now for major refurb of this outdated, ugly, loud and annoying eyesore that is about as TOMORROW-like as a CRT TV set, a vinyl record and a laser disc. This doesn't sound very good, if new cars are all they are doing with the TLS they can leave it the way it is in the first place, new cars are not enough to save this waste of precious space, not even remotely.

Monorail Mike

Is there any difference between the Tokyo cars and the MK cars? Are they Electric? Hybrid?

From the one grainy picture, they look like Bob Gurr's Autopia chassis, so with a little paint (or not) they'll fit right in and most guests will never know. This looks like a prime example of corporate asset re-use. WDW gets Tokyo's cars in the same way that the DHS Lights, Motors Action cars and spare parts were sent to Paris. Someone gets a gold star!
As for the steering wheels, because guests load/unload from a center island on both the left and the right, the steering wheels placed on the opposite to the side of the center island to make it easier to get in and out. The external pedal and running board, for CMs who stand between the lanes, is on the same side as the steering wheel.

Shadowgate

I really continue to hope they upgrade these cars to electric. Love the cars but hate the fumes. Plus with Tron ride being partially open and so close it could really detract from the Tron ride.

GeneralKnowledge

Has anybody done an estimate to figure out how much it would cost them to upgrade to electric cars? It seems to me like it should be a no-brainer upgrade. I think that them not doing it alludes to the fact that they don't plan on keeping the attraction for long.

Monorail_Red_77

WDW has cars with wheels on the right and the left.
yes it depends on which track they are on as to which side the steering wheel is on I believe. So that when you enter the car you do not cross the steering wheel. So the path you walk down to get into each car. The steering wheel should be across the car, not beside the guest path. Right side of a single path wheel is on right and left side of path it is on the left. See in this photo below.

jt04

Oral approval???? What government gives oral approval?

Good luck getting the city state and feral government to ok that project. In fact the airlines will be first to try and block. The taxi's will hate the idea if the hyperloop actually ends up in the cities. Bus companies etc. etc. Union guys will try to block it. It's just naive to think someone will just build a hyperloop on the east coast.

People said it was naive to think you could land the 1st stage of a rocket back at the launch pad. Foolhardy even.

His company is currently boring a transport tunnel under LA.

GeneralKnowledge

Still have to spend $96K up front and live 25 years or not sell the house for 25 years. Still you at best would only make back your roof money. You're only talking about $2,500 and at most $3,000 worth of electricity produced. It gets to complicated for this forum, cost of money, ROI, Tax rebates, electric prices, night/day rates, net metering.

Yes, you are correct except the $3,000 worth of electricity produced is low....that might be an annual figure. Either way, with conventional solar panels you can build an equivalent wattage system for about a third of the cost, it's just not as pretty.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom