toilet papering cinderella's castle?

thumper1971

Original Poster
sorry if this is an old post, but what were they thinking any one agree, i hope it doesnt stay up for long. i know that its a joke for the grand opening of stitch, but first of all the stitch attraction is not only a rehash of a better old one, two stitch isn't at all a main character for the mk.

i would have been pretty disgusted if i was on vacation and the only opportunnity i had to get a family photo of the caste had toilet paper on it.

who made that executive decision?

mhead

:lol: I laughed my butt off. I mean really thought it was funny - first original thing I have seen at MK in a LONG time.

RPMdfw

It was really cute. There was a really fun energy about being at the MK that day. Like excitement was in the air. The TP on the castle just added to it in a fun way.

Captain Hank

To answer one of the original questions: the toilet paper only was up for one day. Also, getting a picture in front of a TP'd castle was better than getting a picture in front of a pepto-bismol pink birthday cake, or a big blue tarp (while the DL castle was being re-painted for several months this year). Sure, it still wasn't ideal, but since it was only up for one day, hopefully anyone that wanted a pic in front of a pristine castle went the day after. I'm sure some couldn't, but hopefully the majority.

BigNorm

I thought that this was hilariously funny, something I've always wanted to do myself. :fork: I thing whomever came up with this one was brilliant. :sohappy:

Pixie Duster

Ok, I am going to get out of my normal, nice, caring, pixie dusted self.

It wasn't even up for 24 hours, no one even talks about it at Disney anymore. Get over it, please.

NTI2002

thumper1971 said:
sorry if this is an old post, but what were they thinking any one agree, i hope it doesnt stay up for long. i know that its a joke for the grand opening of stitch, but first of all the stitch attraction is not only a rehash of a better old one, two stitch isn't at all a main character for the mk.

i would have been pretty disgusted if i was on vacation and the only opportunnity i had to get a family photo of the caste had toilet paper on it.

who made that executive decision?
Thank god someone agrees with me.

imagineer99

^ try seraching. There has been a bunch of threads about this.

As for the original poster's message, I really can't fathom why this is such a big deal. It was up for one day. It was a promotional campaign (a smart one at that). :) It's not even there for you to complain about anymore...

If anything, I find the nativity scene in MGM more disturbing.

imagineer99

There is a nativity scene in MGM in front of the city hall building (right by the stunt show construction site).

IMHO, this is inappropriate. I have no problem with purty garlin and lights. However, iconic religous figures in a Disney park just doesn't feel right. Is it really needed? However, I feel the same way about the Candelight Processional...but that's a whole other ball game.

--sorry for the thread drift. Back on topic.

longfamily

imagineer99 said:
There is a nativity scene in MGM in front of the city hall building (right by the stunt show construction site).

IMHO, this is inappropriate. I have no problem with purty garlin and lights. However, iconic religous figures in a Disney park just doesn't feel right. Is it really needed? However, I feel the same way about the Candelight Processional...but that's a whole other ball game.

--sorry for the thread drift. Back on topic.
This is a good point considering the amount of people who visit Disney that come from all over the world and have very different backgrounds. One would hate to think that Disney wants to alienate it's customers.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
i'ts a traditional christmas ornament that is out during the holiday season. If you're going to complain about the nativity, then also start to have the Christmas parade renamed the Holiday Parade

doesn't have the same ring, does it. Now get off your high horse and find something worthwhile to complain about... like why you're freezing in NoVa and not chilling in WDW

longfamily

mkt said:
i'ts a traditional christmas ornament that is out during the holiday season. If you're going to complain about the nativity, then also start to have the Christmas parade renamed the Holiday Parade

doesn't have the same ring, does it. Now get off your high horse and find something worthwhile to complain about... like why you're freezing in NoVa and not chilling in WDW
Using strong language on a family site is worth complaining about, you think?

mkt

Premium Member
there are all sorts of families, don't you think?

longfamily

mkt said:
there are all sorts of families, don't you think?
Exactly the original point. If there was a reason to place a christian relic, why isn't Hanaka or Kwanza, ect. also represented? There are all sorts of families aren't there.

Many of which allow their children to view this site. There is enough trash to hear in the everyday, a Disney based website should not be the place to view it too. In the future it would be nice of you to remember that there is a place for curse words and other places that they do not belong. Thank you

s25843

longfamily said:
Exactly the original point. If there was a reason to place a christian relic, why isn't Hanaka or Kwanza, ect. also represented? There are all sorts of families aren't there.

Disney is a private property, they can place whatever religious symbol that they wish into the parks. I don't see a large amount of guests being aileniated, do you? The holidays are one of Disney's busiest seasons, and apperarently most do not mind viewing the Nativity scene, and if you somehow do have a problem with that area, just advoid it.

mkt

Premium Member
Lets drop the cursing subject, since if you read my last 3 1/2 years of posts here, you will see, I only use them when I feel it makes the point stronger... or I'm too annoyed by the posting to do otherwise.

However, I still feel that complaining about lack of representation is pointless, since A- in american assimilation, most families of the other belief structures have integrated so many traditionally american christmas idolatry into their celebrations.

Don't believe me? 2 Muslim children whose parents are guests in my hotel were writing their letters to Santa Claus last night. Alongside a Hindu child of another employee. I'm sure if you'd have looked hard enough you'd find a jewish kid too doing the same thing.

While at the same time a Southern Baptist child is whipped for doing the same thing, since Santa is a lovely anagram for Satan, and across this lovely land I live in called the bible belt, Disney, Santa, and Harry Potters are the great Satans... far greater than any curse word I could say, far greater than any disgusting violence on TV, far greater than 2 parents doing a horrible job at raising their kids.

s25843

longfamily said:
Using strong language on a family site is worth complaining about, you think?

There are approiate filters in place to filter out the bad words. is obviously not one of them.

speck76

Pixie Duster said:
Ok, I am going to get out of my normal, nice, caring, pixie dusted self.

It wasn't even up for 24 hours, no one even talks about it at Disney anymore. Get over it, please.

No kidding, I can't believe the amount of people that whined about this.......it was ONE DAY! (and IMO, it was cool)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom