Today was the last show of Playhouse Disney Live and the last for Bear

Kristamouse

I don't think Bear is on anymore, I have a 2 and a 3 year old so we watch a LOT of Disney Channel. He may be on very early we get up around 7.00. I am sad too, we sing "Good Night, Good Night" often to our kids at bed time. The show did need an up date though. I really wish they would add some sort of seats for parents, my back is always killing me in there.
As for JoJo she is on early and does a bumper show called "Feeling Good with JoJo" getting kids to move and excersie.

CThaddeus

is the show also changing in DCA ?

I've heard the answer is yes, though I don't know when it's supposed to be going down. My guess is it won't go down until at least after this week, but the Disneyland website shows it running all month.
Personally, I'll miss Bear as the co-host. I had also heard Pooh was getting the boot, too. Anyone know for sure?

dolbyman

here is some nice treat for all lovers of the show :wave:

Playhouse Disney from DCA (please use "rightclick/save as" for downloading)

whopping 1GB download and you need a puter capable of playing 1080p FullHD

(please wait 1hour from this post to dowload, because I'm still uploading it to the server, so the video would be incomplete otherwise)

Piebald

The new puppets for the new show are really nice. They are a lot nicer than the ones used in this previous show. The only weird thing is that Mickey and co. are puppets....(albeit nice ones).

Sadiebird

I dont know.. i thought bear was on weekends like 7am.

i know he is not on most of it anymore... sad, I know someone who will miss him.

I don't think he's on at all anymore. I have a Tivo season pass for it for my son and I haven't seen it record anything since Johnny & the Sprites came on.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
I never saw the show, but that is kind of sad that Bear is leaving. I always thought it was a neat looking character. Is that show not on TV anymore?

The Bear outfit is pretty impressive. It is one of the things I always enjoyed the two times I've seen the show.

drew81

I don't want to say until it's been released. But needless to say Bear and all the characters in the show will be missed. Now there might be a chance for him to do meet and greets. But I haven't been able to confirm that information yet.

I will miss him too, Mecha. I was able to have a Meet n Greet with him after a show once and a stage manager got me his autograph as well. I understand shows change/close etc but it will be sad once he is completely gone from the parks.

mep517

Bear in the Big Blue House hasn't been on Disney Channel for almost a year. They used to have "Breakfast with Bear" from 7-8 every morning, then they scaled it back to just the 6am show on weekends. Now it's gone completely. :cry: My 2 year old loves "Cha Cha Bear"

I wish they would have kept Bear and taken off the Doodlebops instead. They freak me out.

PeoplemoverTTA

I wish they would have kept Bear and taken off the Doodlebops instead. They freak me out.

Me too! :ROFLOL:

I used to watch Bear in the Big Blue House when I was an undergrad (yeah, I know) and had class only in the afternoon. I saw the show several times at MGM (never at DCA, although I did eat at the Soap Opera Bistro before it was changed to Playhouse Disney), and I will miss good ole Bear (and Luna!). I actually liked Stanley too :eek:.

A bit OT, but when I was in Paris I thought it was so neat to watch "Bear" on the Disney Channel in French!

WickedQueen22

I am very bummed out. My 8 year old was a Bear FANATIC as a toddler and now that her sister is 2 she watches the old vhs tapes we have. I think maybe I personally will miss him more than either of my girls. :eek: We have the flannel sheets and the tub toys still. I really miss Stanley and Bear!!

I do believe you can still get the DVDs on amazon.com

happymom52003

I agree soooo much. I turn the channel as soon as the Doodle Bops come on. I remember the first time the show came on....my DH and I just looked at each other and said "WHAT is Disney thinking????". I gave it a chance thinking it would grow on me, but no such luck.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom