To tip or not to tip that is the question?

brucie

Always Tip. I honestly don't understand the people that were raised not to tip. I think that's crazy. I honestly didn't know such people existed until one day at work I gave the pizza delivery guy a few bucks and a coworker was actually shocked and said that they never tip, and thought I was crazy for doing so. Even if you don't get anything out of it (Fancy towels or something) think about how happy you would feel if someone gave you a tip for something and enjoy the happiness of the thought that you made someone else's day and made them happy. For the people that think I don't get tipped at work why should I tip others, That is the attitude that is so often expressed today and sadly that selfish attitude is the cause of so many more bigger problems in the world we see.

Dwarful

Always Tip. Even if you don't get anything out of it (Fancy towels or something) think about how happy you would feel if someone gave you a tip for something and enjoy the happiness of the thought that you made someone else's day and made them happy..

First off, let me say I tip. However, I think the main complaint of late is that most people in the service industry don't look as the tip as an 'unexpected bonus' but a sense of entitlement. Housekeepers knew what the salary was when they took the job. Every room should receive the same treatment regardless of the size of the tip left. Disney is paying them to clean the rooms. Leaving one tip on the last day doesn't ensure the cleaner that gets that 'bonus' was the same cleaner who cleaned the room all week long. Like I said in a previous post we always leave $25 on Christmas Day because we appreciate the fact that we got to spend our holiday with family and they spent it making sure we had a magical stay.

disneymyway

I'm not sure this is true for mousekeepers(I doubt it is, though), but most cast members aren't allowed to accept anything unless you insist three times, after which they "must" take whatever you gave them to a manager.

:

Thanks for the insight! I really am a little sad that they have to hand over the tip. Why couldn't they just say, "I'm really not allowed to accept tips.

A concierge lounge CM did something extra special for us and now that I think of it when I tried to tip her she refused a few times before she accepted. I really hate thinking that that got turned over to a manager - I meant that for her, not management!!!

Ailtara

Thanks for the insight! I really am a little sad that they have to hand over the tip. Why couldn't they just say, "I'm really not allowed to accept tips.

A concierge lounge CM did something extra special for us and now that I think of it when I tried to tip her she refused a few times before she accepted. I really hate thinking that that got turned over to a manager - I meant that for her, not management!!!
Depending on who her managers were, they might have let her keep it; some would agree that, like you said, it was a personal gift for her, while others like to stay by the books and would take it.

I don't know any mousekeepers, but I'd assume that they'd keep their tips... There'd be no way for any higher-ups to find out if the guests left anything for them, and their managers probably understand that no matter what they do not everyone is going to claim their tips. I'd think that most of them just wouldn't bother wasting their time trying.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom