To old for Character Dinning?

vs6191

I agree ... you are never too old! I am 43 and definitely love the characters as much or more than my son. He was 8 on our first trip and thought he was too old for the characters. That is until we saw Goofy at Mickey's Backyard BBQ! :sohappy: He's now 11 and isn't quite as into the characters as Mom, but he indulges me. I wouldn't hesitate to go to a character meal without DS, either alone or with DH. I am seen terrific character interation with adults only. It's part of what makes Disney magical! Everyone is a kid at heart!

tigger1966

Original Poster
thanks

You guys are awesome.
I don't think I'll have any trouble letting them know I'm excited. My son's best quote "is there anyone you won't talk to?" and another one " you're acting like you're a kid again!" my favorite " are you ever gonna grow up?"
He's 20 and takes life way to serious. Not me. "Enjoy the ride cause it could stop at any moment."

ThinkTink721

I am sorry if this has been covered before.
I am going to Disney World Dec 2-7. My first time ever. I am so excited I am actually having trouble breathing.
I want to do Character Dinning. My question: Do the Character come by and take pictures and sign autographs for adult if there are no kids with them?
Thanks,
Yes, they will come by & visit everyone! :D
The character meals are the best - I love them (& I'm not a kid either)! :wave:

macsmom

I had so much fun at Chef Mickey's and Crystal Palace this past September. All of the characters came up to me and I got great pictures. My CM at Crystal Palace said he would make sure that Pooh, Eeyore and everyone else would come over to my table, but he didn't have to! I am planning where to have a dinner next time I go. Oh, by the way, I am 48! (Turning 50 with the Mouse in May, 2009)

danna

joanna71985

I am sorry if this has been covered before.
I am going to Disney World Dec 2-7. My first time ever. I am so excited I am actually having trouble breathing.
I want to do Character Dinning. My question: Do the Character come by and take pictures and sign autographs for adult if there are no kids with them?
Thanks,

Absolutely. I go to character meals all the time by myself, and have always gotten great Character interaction. My favorite ones to go to are LTT dinner and CP dinner (though I have also done CRT lunch once by myself).

Tiggerfanatic

This upcoming trip is my 50th birthday present to myself - my first ADR was for the Liberty Tree character dinner. After all, meeting the Mouse is the prime reason for being there!!

bayoutinkbelle

Who is at The Garden Grill?
Thanks

I just returned from an October trip with three friends. Three of us are in our (early!) 40s and the fourth just turned 39. We ate at Crystal Palace and Garden Grill just so we could meet and greet with the characters.

Although we did have a very funny incident at Garden Grill involving Mickey. We had already been visited by Chip and then Mickey walked by and we all shouted his name. He waved and walked by and we stopped all conversation and eating. We looked at each other and a friend said, "We just got dissed by Mickey!" You would have thought we all were 10 years old, that's how disappointed we were.

He did stop by again. :lol:

Go! Have fun! One of my friends from this past trip is going again with me in February for a quick three-day trip. And we're eating at GG again. :D

coltow

Although we did have a very funny incident at Garden Grill involving Mickey. We had already been visited by Chip and then Mickey walked by and we all shouted his name. He waved and walked by and we stopped all conversation and eating. We looked at each other and a friend said, "We just got dissed by Mickey!" You would have thought we all were 10 years old, that's how disappointed we were.
Maybe it was time for a cheese break :slurp:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom