To old for Character Dinning?

tigger1966

Original Poster
I am sorry if this has been covered before.
I am going to Disney World Dec 2-7. My first time ever. I am so excited I am actually having trouble breathing.
I want to do Character Dinning. My question: Do the Character come by and take pictures and sign autographs for adult if there are no kids with them?
Thanks,

EPCOT.nut

Me and my sis went together to MNSSHP and ate at Liberty Tree for dinner and had many characters come up to us. We got some really great pictures. We are in our mid-20's and mid-30's. I'm the old one. :cry:

Have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Absolutely. One of our members here, Flowerschild, is famous for his character meal threads. Take a look at them. You should have no problems at character meals.

tigger1966

Original Poster
Thanks

I got my reservations set for The Crystal Palace. I tried for Chef Mickey's but they were all booked for Dinner all week. BOOOO! I didn't bother with Cinderalla Table (didn't want to have to put my DH through that) are there any others you guys would suggest? Who is at The Garden Grill?
Thanks

tigsmom

I am sorry if this has been covered before.
I am going to Disney World Dec 2-7. My first time ever. I am so excited I am actually having trouble breathing.
I want to do Character Dinning. My question: Do the Character come by and take pictures and sign autographs for adult if there are no kids with them?
Thanks,

Yes they do. Don't be embarrassed because you see grown ups taking pics and getting autographs all the time...you are never too old. :cool:

drew81

I got my reservations set for The Crystal Palace. I tried for Chef Mickey's but they were all booked for Dinner all week. BOOOO! I didn't bother with Cinderalla Table (didn't want to have to put my DH through that) are there any others you guys would suggest? Who is at The Garden Grill?
Thanks

Mickey Mouse
Pluto
Chip
Dale

maconMouse

I'm always a little nervous dining solo at a character meal, but I shouldn't be. Every single time the characters have been so amazing, kind, and have really gone out of their way to put a smile on my face. Often they'll have you pose for a picture with them, sit down and "chat" with you, pat you on the back or give you a kiss, and truly make your meal even more magical.

DisneyGigi

We do at least 3-4 character meals per trip, we have two kids that enjoy it alot but not near as much as me. :lookaroun You're never too old!

k.hunter30

DH's two favorite things to do on our last WDW trip (his first ever), was to talk with the CMs and meet the characters. And we don't have any kids! You're never too old to meet and interact with them!!!

Mystic

You are definitely never too old for Character meals. As long as you let the characters know that you're into it and you want them to come to your table then they're more than happy to come and interact with you. My mom actually got ambushed by Chip and Dale at the Garden Grill one year. We've had great experiences at the Liberty Tree every time we've gone and my girlfriend even had Goofy hitting on her in her Belle costume when we were there for MNSSHP this past October. As long as you give off good vibes and the Characters know you're into it then they'll be more than happy to come interact with you.

Also if a character misses your table, don't be afraid to speak up and let one of the character handlers know (they're the ones in the yellow and white shirts that are milling around the restaurants near the characters). They'll make sure that the characters come and see you. This happened to my friend and I this past October at the Liberty Tree. Dale completely bypassed our table and we were almost done our dinner. I told the character handler and she went and got Dale and when she brought him over she gave him a light scolding for ignoring the two princesses at the table. He made up for it of course :D.

We love characters meals and always make sure to include them in our dining plans. We always hit the Crystal Palace and the Liberty Tree. We try to work in the Garden Grill if possible and this year we're adding in 1900 Park Fare so I can see Cinderella :D.

Go have fun and enjoy the characters!

coltow

You are never too old for a character meal. We did a bunch on our honeymoon and the characters always came by and took pictures. Our best time was at Liberty Tree Tavern. Chip & Dale were arguing which one of them was #1 and which one of them was "stinky." Crystal Palace is always good and so is 1900 Park Fare, if you want talking characters.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom