To get a crib or not get a crib that is the ?

partyoffour

So I have a 2 year old a very big 2 year old. He is 39 inches and 38 pounds. He still sleeps in his crib at home. I am wondering if you guys think I should rent a crib or stick with the pack and play provided by Disney. I really hate to shell out $80 bucks but I would do it if he cannot fit in the pnp. Let me know what u all think . My friend was saying she thinks the PnP provided is either smaller or larger than a normal one. I do not remember this being true??? I thought it was standard size. Only have 20 days to decide. this will be the last trip ever I will need to use a pack a play. :)

foreverbelle

We used the pack and play for our son in July, who is 18 months. I didn't notice the pack n play being any smaller than the ones we have at home. How is your son with the pack n play at home? Does he sleep in it comfortably or is he used to it?

Do you have to order or reserve before you get there? Maybe you could check it out and see what you think when you arrive then go from there?

Upvote 0

Kerby626

I would check the weight limit on the PNP. Some have a 30lb limit on them. I personally would do the crib sinceyou know he would be more comfortbale and such. I wouldn't want to get there and be miserable and not be able to get one.

Upvote 0

cemeb4dk

about 4 years ago we got a crib at the beach club for my 7 month old daughter at the time.

First off let me say I hope they changed them since then, this thing was huge and all silver metal rods. It looked like something out of an infirmary or something. It completely took up our studio room we had, and I think we used it for a night or two and used the pack and play. Hopefully they have changed the design because it was scary looking, and if not I hope you have enough room.

Upvote 0

Funfy

So I have a 2 year old a very big 2 year old. He is 39 inches and 38 pounds. He still sleeps in his crib at home. I am wondering if you guys think I should rent a crib or stick with the pack and play provided by Disney. I really hate to shell out $80 bucks but I would do it if he cannot fit in the pnp. Let me know what u all think . My friend was saying she thinks the PnP provided is either smaller or larger than a normal one. I do not remember this being true??? I thought it was standard size. Only have 20 days to decide. this will be the last trip ever I will need to use a pack a play. :)

How about shipping ahead a small kid tent with his favorite disney character and getting him a small kid sleeping bag and let him "camp" in the room. Might have to rearrange a little furniture, but, probably a lot of fun for him.:)

Upvote 0
I thought the P&Ps were smaller than the usual ones, so much so that my kids didn't use them after 10 months or so. Some resorts have full-sized cribs. If you're not getting in late, you could easily take your chances and request one (they're on a first come, first served basis) and if none are available, call a crib rental place. We used Orlando Crib Rentals. The owner is great.

Upvote 0
I would stick with the PnP, the crib that they have just bother me and my wife when we see them. The PnP are normal size that should give him enough room. Just ask for a extra blanket for him to lay on.

Upvote 0

ErickainPA

We last used a Disney PNP's (they are not smaller or bigger than normal PNP) in 2008 for our than 14 month olds, our 26 month old son slept in bed with myself or hubby.

How does he do at home in a PNP, when we traveled with our then 2 yr old to Seattle, we borrowed the hotel crib and I was a bit uneasy about it, the thing was a good height off the floor and since he was tall I was worried he would try to climb out and end up hurt. One hotel brought their crib in and I sent it back, it looked horrible and was going to pinch their fingers with a wrong move (was those wooden travel cribs)

We are going in October with our almost 3 yr olds and our 4 yr old and will just ask to have bedrails brought in. (one hotel we stayed at this year, the girls slept in my double and my son with my husband, we just set the chair between the beds and put a pillow on either side of the chair and we had no issues, so if we can't get bedrails will do the same thing this time around. You can always make a bed up on the floor, they will give you extra sheets/blankets if you ask.

Have a great trip

Upvote 0

Kristamouse

We have used the pack and plays numerous times and they are the same size as ours, I know this because I take our sheet from home to use.
Our kids have used them as small as 6 months and at 2.5 years and have fit fine. I say go for the PnP, try it at home 1st though.
Also take a favorite blankie or pillow from home but DO NOT wash it! Wash it a few days before you leave to get the home smell and comfort from it.
Our kids are usually so wiped from the trip they would sleep anywhere.
Enjoy:)

Upvote 0

partyoffour

Original Poster
thanks so much . I think i will stick with the PnP he is use to them from traveling other places with us. If he is sleeping un easy I can order one from Orlando crib. It says she needs 24 hr notice so Ill just take the number and see how he does.

Upvote 0

HouCuseChickie

If he'll sleep in a PnP at home, I say try that first. With all of the crib recalls out there, even if it's Disney, I still get very nervous about using a third party crib.

We're in a similar situation for our Dec trip, but I'm pretty certain our younger one who will be 2 come trip time will not sleep in the PnP. She's about 32" right now and she hated ours... so much so that I got rid of it. She's shared a queen sized bed with her big sis before and did just fine...so we're leaning towards that.

Upvote 0

erinshaneb

We have used the pack and plays numerous times and they are the same size as ours, I know this because I take our sheet from home to use.
Our kids have used them as small as 6 months and at 2.5 years and have fit fine. I say go for the PnP, try it at home 1st though.
Also take a favorite blankie or pillow from home but DO NOT wash it! Wash it a few days before you leave to get the home smell and comfort from it.
Our kids are usually so wiped from the trip they would sleep anywhere.
Enjoy:)

I am using the pnp for my 8 month old..he is 28 inches and 22 lbs..he's never slept in the pnp except when it had the bassinet attachment in our room for a couple of months..i am definitely bringing his own sheets and even my daughter's pillow case to use on one of the hotel's pillows in her bed..I was thinking about adding rails to the one bed and letting them sleep together, but figured we would try this and if it didn't work then worry about the next step..figured they would be soo tired by the end of the day it wouldn't matter too much..especially since I have kids that are anti-nappers..my 4 year old hardly naps and my 8 month old isn't much better so at least at night the will crash :snore::snore::snore:

There was another poster that was talking about a tent and camping..we did this with my daughter last year..it wasn't Disney, but we traveled with my cousin and her daughter who is the same age as my daughter and made it a little camp out and they loved it

Upvote 0
Does Disney have bed railing ? I just wonder if i can get those and have him sleep in the bed with me or my husband.

They do. They are really sturdy and slightly higher than regular bed rails. They "bow" out a bit as well. My kids were climbing all over the bed (we gave them the king sized bed at Kidani Village) and the bed rails didn't budge.

Upvote 0

sarajo

When we stayed at the GF last Christmas, they brought us a bed rail that we used on the day bed for our youngest. It worked so much better than the PnP or crib... and didn't take up so much space in the room.

Upvote 0

French Quarter

I know that they offer bed rails at the mods and at the deluxes but are they free at the values too?

Someone mentioned tenting out on the floor. My son isn't 2 yet but I wouldn't sleep a wink if I did that. I would be scared he be out and walking around and getting into things all night. I think I'd be up all night listening. We had him sleep with us for part of a night at a hotel once because he was having a rough night and likewise, I got hardly any sleep. I was so worried he was going to crawl down to the bottom of the bed and roll off. (Can you tell he's just a teensy bit active?)

We used the PnP at WL and it was really quite nice. We used their sheets for it and had no problems. It was definitely smaller than the one we have at home but ours might be extra big or something. (I didn't buy it. It's a hand-me-down.)

Upvote 0

hdme

OP - our DD is 2.5 yrs olf, 36-37" tall and weighs 30lbs. She still sleeps in a crib at home and is a restless sleeper (ends up all over the crib during the night) so the pnp is out of the question for us. When we go to WDW in Nov, we're spending the extra $80 to rent a crib from one of the non-Disney rental companies. I'd rather spend the money and know that it will be the most comfortable solution for all of us and be sure that the crib will already be at the resort when we arrive.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom