To Croc or not to Croc?

redfive13

Ok, 37 days until the super hot August trip. Always trying to find comfy shoes to wear (hate flips, won't wear them), really on the fence about the Crocs. I consider myself a rather "on-trend" 39 year old Dad and I'm well aware that Crocs aren't really trendy in the least bit. But they look so dang comfy, breathable, waterproof, etc...

Can anyone talk me into these shoes? Are they really that comfy? Are they really that convenient?

wilkeliza

I would say stay away from the Crocs. My boyfriend took them on our last trip and regretted it the entire day. The Crocs wore blisters on his feet very fast and due to that he was unable to enjoy most of our day at Hollywood Studios. He says he loves his for a typical day but at Disney you stand and walk far too much so it starts to rub wrong and hurts and leads to blisters.

Upvote 0

BrittanyRose428

I don't care how comfortable they are don't do it. Those are only okay if you're a nurse wearing scrubs, and chances are you won't be walking around WDW in scrubs so yea.. no. :wave:

Upvote 0

Kristamouse

There are many different versions of Crocs...I am a 32 year old Mom to 4 and WILL NOT wear the Cayman style, my husband will not either. We both have thong style and love them. Like any other shoes they may or may not work for you...any shoes going to WDW must be broken in:)
We HATE gym shoes in WDW, so Crocs or Teva's our fav's...

Upvote 0

DizneyPryncess

Someone bought me the flip flop style & I got crazy blisters from them. It felt like they were hard as a rock, I couldn't understand the "comfort" part of them. I wear flip flops that have thongs made of terry cloth, Sketchers makes them. They are fantastic. If you can get a cozy pair of sneakers that don't cause blisters, that's my other favorite.

Upvote 0

acishere

No matter how comfortable people say they are, you can find sneakers that when broken in are just as comfortable and don't look completely stupid like Crocs do.

I got flip flops by Rider that say Air Flow on them several years ago and they were the most comfortable footwear I have ever owned and they were nice looking. Sadly the strap broke last week on them.

Upvote 0

EvilQueen-T

i have family members who swear by them and wear them to wdw BUT they're use to wearing them. i wore a pair part of one day and wasn't comfortable. i agree with other posters...take shoes you already know are comfortable keeping in mind you'll be walking a lot and the shoes are likely to get wet at some point on the trip. i'm also one who just doesn't like flip flops so i take sneakers and sandals to change up depending on how i'm feeling and what i'm doing.

Upvote 0

mickeysshoes

DH and I only wear Croc..well 90% of the time. I have feet problems and wear the Crocs RX Releifs and he wears the origianl beach. We love them and have never had a problem with them. They breath and I have NEVER gotten a blister. I alwys get us each 2 new pairs a month before we go so we have well supported ones to wear while touring the parks. I say give them a try and see how you like them.

Upvote 0

jlevis

Croc's are great - for going from room to the pool. In the parks a well broken-in, well fitting, pair of comfortable walking shoes.

Upvote 0

djpoore94

I wore them once, and while they look breathable, my feet were way too hot (worse than in my running shoes). My feet also got incredibly dirty so that got me wondering what kinds of gunk and germs were on my feet all day.

Upvote 0

durangojim

They give very poor support to your feet and cause a lot of problems. Buy a pair of Keens if you want some great sandle/hiking/walking wet/dry footwear.

Upvote 0

Frank&Ollie

ABSOLUTELY TO CROC!
My wife and I go for a 7-10 days every summer and all we wear are different styles of Crocs.

The original style can wear blisters on the tops of your feet but nothing that socks or a band-aid can't fix.

I've worn very expensive running shoes and been more uncomfortable in those broken in favorites of mine than I ever was in Crocs.

Buy them, wear them a few days early to break them in and I guarantee that your feet will be less tired in these than anything else you may wear.

Upvote 0

powlessfamily4

I wear WELL broken in walking shoes. I also walk at least 1 - 2 miles a day starting at about 60 days out, in whatever shoes I plan to wear at the parks during my trip. You wouldn't run a marathon without a little practice so why plan a trip where you know you will be walking 5-8 miles a day without breaking in your feet?

Another suggestion - I had a family member who ended up with blisters and a ruined trip once because the shoes they brought rubbed blisteres the first day. Bring a min. of 2 pairs of sneakers. All shoes fit differently and this allows for rotating any sore spots on your feet. It also lets your sneaker air out and dry between uses. You should never wear them 2 days in a row. Lots of bacteria ... ewwww

Upvote 0

tigsmom

Ok, 37 days until the super hot August trip. Always trying to find comfy shoes to wear (hate flips, won't wear them), really on the fence about the Crocs. I consider myself a rather "on-trend" 39 year old Dad and I'm well aware that Crocs aren't really trendy in the least bit. But they look so dang comfy, breathable, waterproof, etc...

Can anyone talk me into these shoes? Are they really that comfy? Are they really that convenient?

Love my crocs and wear some style of them just about every day!

I got my first pair (the black/red Mickey ones they sold in WDW) and it was the only time my feet & legs didn't hurt at the end of the day!

You have to make sure you get the right fit...they should NOT be tight fitting like regular shoes, a proper fit is loose (they feel like a size too big) as that is how they are made; a tight fit will produce blisters whether or not you wear socks (the shoes are made to be worn without socks, by the way). Most people are familiar with the Cayman style and they are not the prettiest thing in the world. Take a look online at the different styles and if you have an outlet close by go and try some on (I've noticed that many outlet malls now have Croc stores and they have some decent sales). I have sandals, ballerina flats as well as they cayman style, I even have the mammoths with the fleece lining for the winter (very toasty even without socks).

They are made of a bacteriostatic fiber to prevent infections and have built in supports. Be careful though as they can be slippery on wet slick surfaces more so than shoes and sneakers.

Upvote 0

jwsimms42

Love my crocs and wear some style of them just about every day!

I got my first pair (the black/red Mickey ones they sold in WDW) and it was the only time my feet & legs didn't hurt at the end of the day!

You have to make sure you get the right fit...they should NOT be tight fitting like regular shoes, a proper fit is loose (they feel like a size too big) as that is how they are made; a tight fit will produce blisters whether or not you wear socks (the shoes are made to be worn without socks, by the way). Most people are familiar with the Cayman style and they are not the prettiest thing in the world. Take a look online at the different styles and if you have an outlet close by go and try some on (I've noticed that many outlet malls now have Croc stores and they have some decent sales). I have sandals, ballerina flats as well as they cayman style, I even have the mammoths with the fleece lining for the winter (very toasty even without socks).

They are made of a bacteriostatic fiber to prevent infections and have built in supports. Be careful though as they can be slippery on wet slick surfaces more so than shoes and sneakers.

Came here to say most of this. Crocs are great, and they are all I wear at Disney, but they must be worn properly (loose). They must also be broken in, so get a pair about a month before a trip and wear them some before you go. If you visit their website, you can find a pair of Crocs to fit just about every style. I have originals, flips, sneakers, and boots, and more than one style of some types. No one has to wear the "ugly" ones to get the benefits of Crocs. One thing that I have found that helps is to take more than one pair, and alternate each day. That can give you different pressure points each day, instead of being on the same ones for the length of your stay.

As for my testimonial, when I first began going to WDW in 2001, I always took a broken in pair of New Balance walking shoes. They worked for a few days, but by about the 4th day, my feet and legs got sore and stayed that way for the remainder of my trips. I learned about Crocs here, and began wearing them to WDW, even though they only had the ONE ugly style back then. I have not had any problems with my feet or legs since. Yes, I still get tired, but not the pain and soreness I used to have.

Another thing that many people don't realize is that you can't "borrow" a pair from someone and judge the comfort based on that. They're not exactly like Birkenstocks, but they do somewhat mold to your foot after breaking them in, so wearing someone else's is not going to feel good on your foot.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom