To all WDWMAGIC Forum Members

meeko_33785

Original Poster
Hi everyone. As some of you may know, I have been an active member here at the forum at wdwmagic.com for more about a year and a half now. In that time, I have had the chance to talk to many of you through both posts, projects, and debates here on the various message boards on this site and through email, and Private and Instant Messages. To all those who have gotten to know me here, I would just like to say that this will be my final post here on wdwmagic.com for quite some time and quite possibly my last post ever. This decision is by no means a sudden or unexpected one for me and I have been debating on when the right time for me to leave would be. I now feel that this is the time. In the weeks and months prior to now, I have been re-examining my priorities and I have come to the conclusion that nothing that I do here on these boards is enough of a priority for me to continue frequenting them. Quite frankly, I now feel that there are many more important and worthwhile things in life than complaining about theme park and lamenting the closure of Walt Disney World rides and attractions. I know that many of you do not share this view and I hope that you will not be offended or upset by what I have to say. I also have come to the conclusion that I enjoyed visiting the parks to a much larger degree in the days before I started visiting wdwmagic.com. I realized this on my most recent Walt Disney World vacation. After reading updates both on the message board and on the site’s main page, there seemed to be no surprises when I went into the parks. I had a good time of course, but there were just no special surprises like I had before I started frequenting a site that says when every thematic enhancement is added and every attraction is altered. I have come to the conclusion that these surprises were some of the best parts of going to Walt Disney World for me and frequenting this web site prevents me from receiving those surprises that made my past trips so wonderful. I hope everyone will be able to respect and understand my decision. If anyone is still interested in keeping in touch with me, please either PM or email me and I will gladly answer. Also, anyone who has my AIM screen name is still welcome to IM me as well. To everyone else, I wish you all well and thanks for some good times here on wdwmagic.

tigsmom

We all set our priorities & then live by them. As you say, this is a personal decision that may not be shared by many. I am not offended by your feelings because they are just that... your feelings. Good luck in life and know that the door will always be open for your return...should you choose to. :wave:

Sir Hiss527

That is of course your decision...And I support that. Thanks Meeko!!! But sometimes I ask myself the same questions, but I love Disney, and love to share ideas, and thoughts with WDWMAGIC. C-Ya around...

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Good luck to you, but I don't know why it has to be an all or nothing decision.

This is a great forum, but as far as priorities go, posting on here falls somewhere between:

Priority # 1231 - Make sure I have clean underwear for tomorrow

and

Priority # 2674 - Put the toilet seat down after I'm done peeeing

I don't spend much time on the News and Rumors section. Partly because, like you, I don't want to spoil the surprise, and partly because 90 % of it is wild speculation anyway.

See ya.:wave:

Tramp

Originally posted by meeko_33785
After reading updates both on the message board and on the site’s main page, there seemed to be no surprises when I went into the parks. I had a good time of course, but there were just no special surprises like I had before I started frequenting a site that says when every thematic enhancement is added and every attraction is altered. I have come to the conclusion that these surprises were some of the best parts of going to Walt Disney World for me and frequenting this web site prevents me from receiving those surprises that made my past trips so wonderful.

You are not alone, my friend, in this line of reasoning. I've always tried to avoid the threads that exhaustively detail new attractions for the same reasons you cite. Knowing what to expect does nothing to enhance the experience, much like reading a book to which you know the ending.

Happy trails...we'll leave the light on for ya!:wave:

imagineer boy

Good bye Meeko. I'll really miss you.:( You had great ideas on the imagineering board, and the group project we did was really fun, even though we didn't finnish it. See ya later.:wave: :( :cry:

monorail256

Many a times have I thought the same exact thing you are, but I keep returning to this website. I choose to come here pretty much for the Chit-Chat board only anymore, and due to the amount of friends I have picked up from this website.

Eventhough I do not know you, and have proabaly never had a conversation with you, I definately understand your reasoning.

We'll miss you. :(

MouseMadness

Originally posted by garyhoov
I don't spend much time on the News and Rumors section. Partly because, like you, I don't want to spoil the surprise, and partly because 90 % of it is wild speculation anyway.

Same here. :) Well, okay, truth is I don't have the attention span to read them through and make sense of them. :eek:

I actually decided to cut back my posting time, as well. *checks post count* Apparently not enough. :lookaroun I'm glad you are doing something you think will help you grow as a person. :) To each his/her own. :wave: Take care!

KentB3

I really hate to see you go, meeko, especially since you were one of my closest online pals from WDWMagic, and one of the most knowledgeable people on these boards. I first arrived at WDWMagic looking for help with planning a WDW trip, which I will be going on sometime soon, hopefully! While in the process, I ended up designing a proposal for a brand new Disney theme park on the Imagineer board. You have been extremely helpful with both. In fact, yourself, WeirdOne, and DisneyPan have been the most helpful of everyone on WDWMagic in planning my trip and in designing my proposed theme park, both of which I am still working on!

Hopefully, we'll continue our online relationship via e-mail and AOL Instant Messenger. WDWMagic's forums will never be the same without you. Thanks so much for your suggestions and advice, and just for the time we've spent on these boards,

Oh and BTW, Happy Trails! :wave:

prberk

Best wishes, Meeko. Obviously your advice and insight was appreciated here. If you feel like posting again, maybe you can just offer trip planning advice.

But, either way, Godspeed!

:wave:

Maria

Aawwee... meeko! As Scott said, that was a classy post. I am not offended at all by it, and I totally understand it and can relate. I don´t read all the boards and I just click on the tittles I think will be fun to read and many of the spoilers, I just skip them, so many times, I am still clueless as to what´s really going on in wdw... to be honest, many times, I log in for the gossip and what´s going on in the lives of this internet group of people I´ve been chatting with for a while now... ;)

Come back and chat with us anytime you want! :)

aim

Sad to see you go! I wish you well in everything you do! And if you ever do need a little Disney fix, you know where to find us! ;) :wave:

CAPTAIN HOOK

Bye Meeko - I know how you feel, but that old Disney Magic keeps getting at you. I've just returned to the boards after an 8 month absence and getting back into the swing of things.
Hope you'll come back to us:wave:

WDWFREAK53

OH THIS JUST FIGURES...

I FINALLY FIND OUT THAT YOU'RE NOT A FEMALE...AND YOU LEAVE! HMPH!

(Just kiddin' pal)

I could go on and on but I'd only be repeating what others have said. I too know exactly what you're talking about when you stated that nothing seems "like a surprise" anymore. I purposely didn't go into Philharmagic threads because unlike Mission:Space...I didn't want to know every little detail about it.

Like Tramparoo said...We'll leave the light on for ya.

:wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom