To ADP or not?

Dave B

Being able to afford it really has nothing to do with it, if we couldn't afford it, we wouldn't go every year, affordability has nothing to do with the reasoning of WHY we DID it in the past, more to the reason I spoke of earlier, you cant assume why someone does something

Chef Mickey

Being able to afford it really has nothing to do with it, if we couldn't afford it, we wouldn't go every year, affordability has nothing to do with the reasoning of WHY we DID it in the past, more to the reason I spoke of earlier, you cant assume why someone does something
Come on, lol. You did it to save money. If money were no object, it'd be a lot easier to just pay what you owe.

Dave B

So to ask you the question I was asked earlier, I assume you never speed, or roll thru a stop sign? Or walk across a street and not use the crosswalk? Do you find money on the ground and keep it, or do you go to the closest establishment or lost and found and return it? If an atm spits out an extra $20 do you take it into the bank and return it? I could keep going on and on. These are theoretically lying, cheating, or whatever word you would want to use. You have never told someone their baby is gorgeous when it is really not. You never have told someone they look like they have lost weight or look nice, when they really haven't or don't? I have never met a person that is 100% yes or no, black or white(referring to working in the grey area, not in any way related to race or color), right or wrong. I have a hard time believing you can answer yes to every one of these

If Disney would not charge adult prices for kids and they tiered their pricing for the kids, I would not even think about doing this, but to charge my younger kids the same they are charging older kids and adults, makes no sense, they are not going to use the facilities, rides or amenities like the older ones would. A 4-10 year old do not use what a teenager or adult would use, so why the same pricing

Chef Mickey

So to ask you the question I was asked earlier, I assume you never speed, or roll thru a stop sign? Or walk across a street and not use the crosswalk? Do you find money on the ground and keep it, or do you go to the closest establishment or lost and found and return it? If an atm spits out an extra $20 do you take it into the bank and return it? I could keep going on and on. These are theoretically lying, cheating, or whatever word you would want to use. You have never told someone their baby is gorgeous when it is really not. You never have told someone they look like they have lost weight or look nice, when they really haven't or don't? I have never met a person that is 100% yes or no, black or white(referring to working in the grey area, not in any way related to race or color), right or wrong. I have a hard time believing you can answer yes to every one of these

If Disney would not charge adult prices for kids and they tiered their pricing for the kids, I would not even think about doing this, but to charge my younger kids the same they are charging older kids and adults, makes no sense, they are not going to use the facilities, rides or amenities like the older ones would. A 4-10 year old do not use what a teenager or adult would use, so why the same pricing
Already responded to that.

Disney can do whatever they want, charge whatever they want, and define a child/adult anyway they want. It really doesn't matter what you think. You also aren't smart enough to know what costs Disney the most money. Maybe character meet and greets kids use with hired talent are actually quite expensive to run versus an automated ride system? You're breaking the rules.

G8rchamps

We really enjoy the flexibility of the AP. The ability get in late one night and just hit fireworks or one ride is nice. Heck, just to walk on Main Street within minutes of getting into Orlando is awesome. You don't waste any days that way. Same is nice on busy days - hit rope drop and 3 FP's, home by 1 for pool or nap.

The down$ide to me is that we do more "quick" trips/weekends than we should when you add up the gas, food, and hotel 1 or 2 nights at a time.

Dave B

Already responded to that.

Disney can do whatever they want, charge whatever they want, and define a child/adult anyway they want. It really doesn't matter what you think. You also aren't smart enough to know what costs Disney the most money. Maybe character meet and greets kids use with hired talent are actually quite expensive to run versus an automated ride system? You're breaking the rules.
But you really didn't answer any of the questions I asked?

danyoung56

Dave, here's my take on it all. You are using anecdotal situations to justify your actions, which is fine. What you're doing is not within the rules that Disney has set up. But only you can make the decision as to whether you're going to accept them or circumvent them. I usually drive at 9 miles above the speed limit, and I sleep very well at night. Everyone decides for themselves where the threshold is.

But in my opinion there's no way you can say that what you're doing is correct. You have decided that you're going to ignore this portion of Disney's rules, which is your right. But don't try to say that you're not doing something wrong, as that just isn't accurate.

Dave B

I appreciate the input, but I don't think I ever mentioned that I was or wasn't doing something wrong, technically, it is wrong, but what I was trying to say is we all make choices or right or wrong and can probably justify each occasion. If I was speeding and got a ticket because I was late or someone is in the hospital. I didn't return the $20 bill on the ground because I didn't know who's money it was. I told somebody they look great or their baby is cute, when it is NOT, these are all wrong, I guess it just depends on the degree or severity to which we can all justify or live with. I am a Disney stock holder and in theory I am hurting my self and other stockholders, but.............we all make decisions every day that bring us down a path in life, I don't feel bad about what we had done in the past, because to me I could justify it in my own world, but I definitely can see how someone could see the other side. You driving 9 miles over the speed limit is wrong, but you feel comfortable breaking the law to do so, because you have figured it is ok and safe probably because someone has told you that you typically wont get a ticket if you drive within 10 miles per hour of the speed limit( this is what my parents taught me) But technically you are breaking the law and doing something wrong, which could cause bodily harm or even death to someone. What I did was save a few dollars on admission to spend later in the park, because my child was going to sleep half the day, I don't see that as a problem, personally and I'm sorry my punctuation sucked on this one.

mdubm

Original Poster
Thanks everyone for the answers. It’s definitely something I’m entertaining. Hopefully I can get someone to buy it for me for Christmas :oops:

As for the rest of what broke out in the middle of the discussion. I, too, am annoyed that Disney charges as much as they do for Kids, but they can, and do, and people pay it. I don’t want to “take advantage” because this is why we can’t have nice things. As someone pointed out earlier, the more people game the system, the more Disney cracks down. Just think of many of the changes Disney has made because of gaming the system. I miss no expiration tickets :arghh:

NelleBelle

A 4-10 year old do not use what a teenager or adult would use, so why the same pricing
I beg to differ. Both my kids have ridden everything at WDW at least once before they were 10. And I'm sure a lot of other children do, too, hence the difference in price (that and the fact that people tend to "game the system" as a pp mentioned.")

Cmdr_Crimson

The pass is great. I just wish there would be a better option instead of having to get the photo pass service if you hardly ever use it. Perhaps have an alternative to it instead would be a great incentive.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom