To ADP or not?

dreamfinder

When looking at an AP breakeven, really just look at the park admissions. The other benefits aren't guaranteed and are subject to change at any time. If you will make multiple trips over the course of the AP, and plan on going to the parks about 10 days spread over those trips, an AP will almost always be a good idea. Alot of the AP food discounts were supposed to be a one year deal. They did extend them recently, but I wouldn't expect it to keep happening.

I just so disagree with this. If you are paying attention and doing your research online, you'll see when discounts are released, and can usually score a pretty good rate. There is also the perk of being able to purchase a Tables in Wonderland card, which gives 20% off of all table service locations and some quick service ones, INCLUDING ALCOHOL! And yes, it can save you money on tickets if you go more than once in a year.

I'll agree with your comments about TiW, but I will disagree about the discounts. Lately the AP lodging discounts are almost the same as those to the general public/Disney Visa holders. Saving an extra 5% isn't much, and will take several extra days of park visits to offset.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
So you would book the package for everyone in the family BUT you, so family of four, you book for 3 people, you just stay in the room with your family, YOU WILL NOT HAVE a magic band that gets you in the room, but you use your kids band who are probably with you the entire time anyway, again I am going to probably get killed here for giving you this BAD adice
If the AP holder is not listed on the room reservation, they will not be able to make fastpasses at 60 days, but only at 30 days ~ making it very unlikely the family can coordinate fastpasses together.

@mdubm, do you really want to take advice from a “theoretical” liar?

Dave B

So to ask you the question I was asked earlier, I assume you never speed, or roll thru a stop sign? Or walk across a street and not use the crosswalk? Do you find money on the ground and keep it, or do you go to the closest establishment or lost and found and return it? If an atm spits out an extra $20 do you take it into the bank and return it? I could keep going on and on. These are theoretically lying, cheating, or whatever word you would want to use. You have never told someone their baby is gorgeous when it is really not. You never have told someone they look like they have lost weight or look nice, when they really haven't or don't? I have never met a person that is 100% yes or no, black or white(referring to working in the grey area, not in any way related to race or color), right or wrong. So yes, I am "theoretically " Lying, but I guess my question is, who has not?

If Disney would not charge adult prices for kids and they tiered their pricing for the kids, I would not even think about doing this, but to charge my younger kids the same they are charging older kids and adults, makes no sense, they are not going to use the facilities, rides or amenities like the older ones would. A 4-10 year old do not use what a teenager or adult would use, so why the same pricing?

Tuvalu you have amazing posts and seem like an awesome person, I am not trying or wanting to start a war with you, but I just don't agree with you on this one.

Dave B

And
If the AP holder is not listed on the room reservation, they will not be able to make fastpasses at 60 days, but only at 30 days ~ making it very unlikely the family can coordinate fastpasses together.

@mdubm, do you really want to take advice from a “theoretical” liar?
You could all just make your Fast Passes together at the 30 day mark

larandtra

We tend to go on multiple mixed time trips ( Jan/Feb for the Art Festival long weekend 3 days or March for F&G, Memorial Day in May 7 days, Labor Day 4 Days, October food&Wine/ Halloween 4-5 days, and early December or sometime in december for the Holiday stuff usually extended weekend 4-5 days or so) and occasionally just get a bug and go down for a weekend here or there. So generally thats about 20-25 days a year. We live 6 hours away and have APs. Its well worth it in that scenario.

dreamfinder

If Disney would not charge adult prices for kids and they tiered their pricing for the kids, I would not even think about doing this, but to charge my younger kids the same they are charging older kids and adults, makes no sense, they are not going to use the facilities, rides or amenities like the older ones would. A 4-10 year old do not use what a teenager or adult would use, so why the same pricing?

Precisely because people tried to game the system. WDW did use to offer a childs rate AP. But families would buy one of those rather than one for the parent and then use it for food/merchandise discounts despite policy saying that the AP holder needs to be the one paying (and a 8 year old clearly cannot pay for their own credit card).

PorterRedkey

Precisely because people tried to game the system. WDW did use to offer a childs rate AP. But families would buy one of those rather than one for the parent and then use it for food/merchandise discounts despite policy saying that the AP holder needs to be the one paying (and a 8 year old clearly cannot pay for their own credit card).
Except for this sassy little lady...
kid-credit-card.jpg

parkhopper1213

In 2017, there were no special AP lodging discounts available to us. Any discounts we got were available to most everyone. The big savings are in the park tickets and free parking.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Speed limit comes down to safety for me, it depends on traffic and a few other factors, but for the most part you are correct
Is that your real name, 'cause I'm guessing the IRS will be looking at your past returns now... ;)

Chef Mickey

So I am aware I am going to get killed by everyone on this, but my "3 year old" was "Disney 3" until they were like 5 or 6, I was NEVER questioned on it at all, yes, theoretically it is lying and wrong, but we spend so much when we go, I can personally justify it and feel good about it, the young kids sleep half the day as it is, just my two cents, get the AP for yourself and bring your 4 year old with you until he/she is big enough not to look that age, in fact we use the same tactic on Southwest with family boarding, suppose to be for 6 or 7 and younger we still used it in March and our kids are 11 and 13 now, although my 11 was a lot shorter in March until she grew this summer, probably cant do the airport thing any longer, go ahead and take your shots, I'm ready
It's doesn't matter how much you spend or all the other ridiculous reasons that help you justify that it's "OK."

It's low class, wrong, and they could/should throw you out if they found out. I mean, if you can't afford to go legit, you can't afford to go.

Chef Mickey

So to ask you the question I was asked earlier, I assume you never speed, or roll thru a stop sign? Or walk across a street and not use the crosswalk? Do you find money on the ground and keep it, or do you go to the closest establishment or lost and found and return it? If an atm spits out an extra $20 do you take it into the bank and return it? I could keep going on and on. These are theoretically lying, cheating, or whatever word you would want to use. You have never told someone their baby is gorgeous when it is really not. You never have told someone they look like they have lost weight or look nice, when they really haven't or don't? I have never met a person that is 100% yes or no, black or white(referring to working in the grey area, not in any way related to race or color), right or wrong. So yes, I am "theoretically " Lying, but I guess my question is, who has not?

Tuvalu you have amazing posts and seem like an awesome person, I am not trying or wanting to start a war with you, but I just don't agree with you on this one.
Strawman argument. Justifying your own wrongdoing by comparing it to other wrongdoings doesn't make either right. You're objectively wrong to misrepresent your children to get a better deal at Disney. It makes you a bad example for your kids to be honest and shows you really can't afford to go to Disney.

Dave B

It's doesn't matter how much you spend or all the other ridiculous reasons that help you justify that it's "OK."

It's low class, wrong, and they could/should throw you out if they found out. I mean, if you can't afford to go legit, you can't afford to go.
I don't know about Low Class, I would love to talk thru class with you for sure,

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom