Tired of Diseny Bashing

PeoplemoverTTA

This is spot on. I'm in no way saying that dissenting opinions shouldn't be voiced. I just think there are a lot of posts on here where it seems so unproductive and makes this absolutely amazing site a little less inviting.

In all seriousness, I honestly don't understand how someone's opinion can make this site less inviting. If anything, I don't see many threads lately titled, "I'm tired of people who say good things about Disney." I'd imagine a thread devoted to calling other members' discussions "unproductive" (I can't imagine how any thread is more "productive" than another...) makes it very uninviting for those with those opinions. I can't see how someone with a different opinion from you makes a site less inviting.

Were those who are critical of Disney to stop posting, I image it would get pretty boring around here.

"I love Walt Disney World"

"Me too!"

"Me too..."

"Hey, I love PotC!"

"Me...too?"

*yawn*

Not every thread is of interest to me, so I don't read those threads. If you don't want to read a thread that is critical, it's very easy to avoid. Here's the thing, I was away from these boards for several months while getting situated in a new job. Upon my recent return, I found that some of the people whose posts i looked forward to the most were no longer here, and after a little digging, found out it was because of people making it uncomfortable for them to voice their opinions (which were sometimes critical of TWDC and TDO) because they love the parks so much they want to make it better. I know there's other members still around who have to miss those people's posts as well (it's nice to follow them on Twitter, Facebook, etc, but still).

I've never displayed so strong an opinion on these boards(I'm not a troublemaker, never have been), but I really enjoy being a part of WDWMagic, I love and cherish the movies, characters and songs I grew up on (and enjoy today), and I love those parks...that's why I'm here. And I find the critical posts constructive, sometimes dead on, sometimes not...but let's not push away more people who have the critical opinions simply because not everyone wants to talk about them.

Magenta Panther

Just like he bought Winnie the Pooh and Mary Poppins? He could've just created a cheeky british nanny himself (certainly didn't stop the people behind Nanny McPhee). He could've just created some stuffed animals that came to life.

If you look at the bulk of films made in "Walt's day" most starred preexisting characters.

Only difference is now, when you buy preexisting characters you can't just mess them up by changing everything about them. Disney would lose money if they "Disney-fied" the Marvel Universe. That's business.

It may be business, but it's not the way Walt did business. Look at Snow White. The original tale had pre-existing characters like the seven dwarfs, but it didn't have Doc, Dopey, Bashful, Happy, Sneezy, Grumpy and Sleepy. That took the Disney touch. By infusing that old tale with fresh, imaginative interpretations of its characters, Walt Disney and his artists truly made the story their own. But as you point out, the characters of the Marvel Universe are already fully formed. The Hulk is the Hulk and Spiderman is Spiderman. There will be no Disney version of those characters, which means that they can never truly be Disney. They'll never have that Disney flavor, or the Disney magic. There's a difference between buying a character as if you're buying a used car, and buying a character and improving, refreshing, updating and reviving it. It's the difference between corporate and creativity. And the latter is what used to make Disney unique.

Buried20KLeague

I'm on the fence about this topic, because I feel that some of the conversations are very interesting (about the issues Disney needs to work on and yes, the faults).

As I mentioned in another thread asking whether Disney is "slipping," my WDW vacations are still magical, and the ultimate excitement for my family is planning a trip to WDW (our first full family trip since 2003).

I'm 30, not a high schooler, and I've been around these boards for a little while, so while I don't bash anyone or anything, I have my opinions (we're all here to share our opinions about a place that we love, after all!), good and bad, and I enjoy the discussion...that's why I'm here.

So, while I feel you're entitled to your opinion, I'm not tired of any discussion here on WDWMagic. If I'm not interested in a particular thread, I don't read it. If I disagree with someone and want to respond, I do. I honestly don't understand why these threads keep popping up with some grand proclamation that people are tired of other people's opinions...this is a discussion forum, for, you know...discussing...:shrug:

Well... Whaddya know.

A nice, level headed opinion!!! :D

:wave::sohappy:

goofykt

I am fairly new here as well and I was turned off by the forums for a while due to the griping. I have since learned which threads to avoid. The title alone will generally give it away that it has nothing but complaints. Some on here seem to hate Disney so much I wonder why they even go there anymore. Oh well, what can you do. There are some good threads on here though that are entertaining and insightful. I like the photo threads the most.

Agreed. I'm a Disney lover not a fighter :lol:

Mouse Man

Honestly I never consider the threads to be of Disney bashing. I feel people here including myself love Disney so much and it bothers them with some of the bone head ideas of hows things get done in Disney by management. Open your eyes and take a good look at the whole picture. yes there is bickering, some complaints and a lot of praise, but the part your not looking at is all the people planning there vacations to Disney and getting places to eat in order and things to see and do so there families will have the best time ever. That's what I see. Take it it for what it's worth

Oriolesmagic

Well folks, this is the internet. Bashing...It's kind of what we do on here. :shrug:

Besides, how much fun would a board be if there wasn't any conflict? :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom