Tips to actually enjoy Disney World...

Jimmy Thick

Original Poster
Amid all the popular negativity about burnt out lightbulbs, chipped paint, and how uncared for the parks have become, even though I have not seen it myself, but I digress, this thread was created for people who actually try to have fun at the parks and enjoy themselves and their families, and to provide little fun tips for people who just can't break away from how horrible Disney World has become.

One of my favorite tips for fun is to head over to Blizzard Beach with your family and just run the Toboggan Racers for an hour or so, and rub it in their faces when you win. It brings out some pretty heated, yet completely harmless competition with the people you love the most. And just to rouse my fellow Disney World visitors, if people not in my family are racing against us, I always make sure to tell them Iam undefeated, just to get them involved, and it totally becomes a great time.

A great time at Disney World? Who would have thought it possible?

Any other tips to help the negative?

Jimmy Thick-I won't even mention how fantastic I look in a Speedo!!!

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
Amid all the popular negativity about burnt out lightbulbs, chipped paint, and how uncared for the parks have become, even though I have not seen it myself, but I digress, this thread was created for people who actually try to have fun at the parks and enjoy themselves and their families, and to provide little fun tips for people who just can't break away from how horrible Disney World has become.

One of my favorite tips for fun is to head over to Blizzard Beach with your family and just run the Toboggan Racers for an hour or so, and rub it in their faces when you win. It brings out some pretty heated, yet completely harmless competition with the people you love the most. And just to rouse my fellow Disney World visitors, if people not in my family are racing against us, I always make sure to tell them Iam undefeated, just to get them involved, and it totally becomes a great time.

A great time at Disney World? Who would have thought it possible?

Any other tips to help the negative?

Jimmy Thick-I won't even mention how fantastic I look in a Speedo!!!

Best I can think of for readers here. Don't open up monotonous threads complaining of beyond minor discrepancies.

H2Opolo15

I completely agree. Great to see a positive thread! My tip...

Wear a speedo wherever you go! (As a water polo player it's completely normal for my brother and I) so we like to wonder around Caribbean beach pool in them. Just for a good laugh! :eek:

(don't judge me)

Malvito

Wear a speedo wherever you go! (As a water polo player it's completely normal for my brother and I) so we like to wonder around Caribbean beach pool in them. Just for a good laugh!

My 46 years crammed into a Speedo would be less of a comedy and more of a horror. ("Welcome, Foolish Mortals ... ")

Jimmy Thick

Original Poster
Another simple, yet fun tip.

Just chill out and watch the fountain at Epcot, it really puts on an amazing show and on a hot day, that mist feels really good.

Jimmy Thick-Watching the fountain in a Speedo?

mickeysshoes

I love sitting in Downtown Disney (or anywhere but find myself doing it more here when the family is at a movie or at Quest) people watching. Tub of popcorn and bottle of water and I could sit for hour and never get board!!!

powlessfamily4

I love to sit and listen to the concerts. Last November it was rather cool so I grabbed a Ghirardelli's coffee and sat on a bench outside of World of Disney and listened to the music. Pure bliss

docdebbi

when leaving imagination, spend 15 minutes at the jumping water fountains. every time we go, a major family competition breaks out trying to see who can actually catch it when it goes overhead from one set of fountains to the next. some of the best times we have.

pumpkin7

don't rush around to get to all the rides. stop and take in the atmosphere and views, and the fact that you are in disney world. relax, take a load off, enjoy an ice cream. take time to find the hidden magic that is present in all the parks.

chatsworth

don't rush around to get to all the rides. stop and take in the atmosphere and views, and the fact that you are in disney world. relax, take a load off, enjoy an ice cream. take time to find the hidden magic that is present in all the parks.

I'm so glad to see this thread...and all these tips. I like this one the best...so many people nowadays forget to see the Magic. Thanks for the reminder!

plaz10

Agreed! Take your time to enjoy the amazing atmosphere that is the Disney parks. But if you're like me...it's really hard to "stop and smell the roses" when Space Mountain has only a 10 minute line! So my tip is to get to the parks at opening. Get there and ride all your 'must do' rides in the morning. By lunch you should have completed most of your list (if not - at least have fast passes for them) and then stroll along the parks at a leisurely pace. It's the best of both worlds.

We usually have 2 or 3 days of rushing to the rides and then the next few are the relaxing kind.

another tip: make a few ADRs (advanced dining reservations) even if you're not on the dining plan. It's a nice break from the hustle and bustle of the parks to cool down in the AC and enjoy some good food and conversation. It's a nice chance to regroup before heading back out there.

wvdisneyfamily

It took me a while to learn that. Great tip. Just sit back and relax.

H2Opolo15

Act like a kid again! Its only a few days every so often you get to be enveloped in the magic of Disney. Remove all reservations and just let your inner childe come out!

mergatroid

Sit down, have a drink and an ice cream and people watch. People of all ages are enjoying themselves all around you and yet often you only notice your own enjoyment. Look at the youngsters seeing the parks for the first time and basking in a world of colour and excitement they could only of dreamed of. See the parents happy and content that their families are enjoying the magic that they did when they were younger that they now are sharing with them. Look for the smiles and looks which say these people have that same warm feeling inside their heart that you do, see that and you'll enjoy your day that little bit more.

LeeSeeBabe

My husband and I LOVE to people watch. We enjoy drinking around the world: typically, when we enter each country, we grab our beverage, grab a bench/table/railing and just Watch. There is such a variety of visitors and we have NEVER gotten bored people watching.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom