Tips for getting into a full resort

dumbo86

I started a similar thread a few weeks ago, but I have a different question.

My wife and I are going to WDW June 9 - 16 this year and are staying at POR. This is my wife's first trip and really seems to be excited about the Animal Kingdom. Because of this, I am hoping to be able to change my reservation to AKL but through the "Buy 4 get 3 Free" deal, the AKL is all booked.

I have been checking the website everyday and have called once a week in hopes that something has opened up or some cast member will magically make an exception and let us in because of our anniversary or something..haha a man can dream right?

Now that I've rambled on...does anyone know of a better way to go about trying to make this switch? Is AKL likely to open up?

Thanks.

DisneyJoe

Did you check availability without the Buy 4 Get 3 Free promotion? or as a room only reservation?

If there are no rooms available then, then the resort is booked solid for those dates - and your best bet is to keep checking to see if someone cancels - and hope they put the cancellation back into the B4G3 pool.....

Upvote 0

dumbo86

Original Poster
Email sent Tammy!

DisneyJoe- There is availability without using the promotion (every type of room is available), but a full 7 nights cost at AKL is just not in the cards right now.

Upvote 0

Tom

Beta Return
I started a similar thread a few weeks ago, but I have a different question.

My wife and I are going to WDW June 9 - 16 this year and are staying at POR. This is my wife's first trip and really seems to be excited about the Animal Kingdom. Because of this, I am hoping to be able to change my reservation to AKL but through the "Buy 4 get 3 Free" deal, the AKL is all booked.

I have been checking the website everyday and have called once a week in hopes that something has opened up or some cast member will magically make an exception and let us in because of our anniversary or something..haha a man can dream right?

Now that I've rambled on...does anyone know of a better way to go about trying to make this switch? Is AKL likely to open up?

Thanks.

Hey neighbor! Fellow hoosier here. (Well, Boilermaker by Alma mater).

Your best bet is to just keep calling, unfortunately. None of the reservationists are going to break the rules, because the computer will just override them. When discount room allocations are gone, they're gone. They MAY add more, and that will be your best bet at this point.

Upvote 0

dumbo86

Original Poster
edwardtc- Thanks for the reply. I figured that was going to be the case, but I figured if anyone knew any tips, this would be the place to ask.

I am about to graduate from Purdue in May...but I must confess I bleed the cream and crimson of IU when it comes to athletics.

Upvote 0

Tom

Beta Return
edwardtc- Thanks for the reply. I figured that was going to be the case, but I figured if anyone knew any tips, this would be the place to ask.

I am about to graduate from Purdue in May...but I must confess I bleed the cream and crimson of IU when it comes to athletics.

There may be people who know something I don't, but meanwhile keep calling :)

A boiler that roots for IU? Wow. Don't say that out loud up there :lol: I graduated in Dec 2002. I was a huge PU football fan then, but I don't say that out loud now either. BBall is finally coming around though.

Upvote 0

scarpiapiano

I couldn't get a Boardwalk 1 room Villa in June when I tried to get that package back in early Dec. I was told that if I booked at another resort but put my request in for the BV, something might come up because, of coarse, peoples plans could change between Dec and June. (I subsequently booked the Polynesian and that's we're we'll be staying.)

I would suspect the same thing might hold true for AKL. Because the rooms were booked so early for the "buy 4 get 3 free" deal, there may be a good chance of someone dropping out. However, I don't know if Disney will allow the room to be booked for that deal or if they'll try to sell the room at a regular rack rate. Good Luck!

Upvote 0

disneyliv85

Just thought I'd say: IU graduate here - good for you!!! lol IU over Purdue any day!

Sorry that was of no help to your original topic :ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

smk

Go IU! Proud IU grad, class of 1980.

Upvote 0

DISMOM

Count me as another IU alum...1987. Seems like yesterday... My kids don't have a choice about where they are going to college. ha ha.
Good luck on your trip.

Upvote 0
My dad had really wanted to stay at the GF but no rooms available for his last trip. So he ended up booking at CS, he wasn't overly happy but it was all he could get, no other deluxes were open. He was going down there 11/30-12/5, so I played around with the dates a bit to see what I could come up with. They had openings at the GF 11/30-12/4, so he then rebooked with those dates at the GF and 12/5 at CS in hopes that someone might cancel when they were there and they could stay that last day at the GF. Well 12/5 eventually had an opening, even before he actually got down there. He was thrilled, so there's always could be a way, you just need to be flexible sometimes.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom