Tipping

The Mom

Premium Member
I saw a post which mentioned that the "standard" for tipping is now $2/bag. My questions are, what constitutes a bag, is the same rate expected at the "condo" resorts, and who exactly gets the tips...and how much?

For example: when I stayed at the BWV the bellman "totaled" my luggage at 14 bags!!! They were..

2 small overnight suitcases
2 "toiletry bags (one was a backpack)
2 coolers
5 bags of groceries
1 plastic bag with embroidery
1 plastic bag with "trip" snacks
1 CD case

Was I really expected to tip $28? I gave the person who actually transported the cart to and from our villa $20. I gave both the valet parker and the person who loaded the bags from our "trunk" to the cart $5 each. Did I under or over tip?

Maria

Originally posted by Yellow Shoes

It's a hard job and they deserve to be compensated.

I remember one time when I was working at the Hyatt as Guest Relations Manager, that the maids went on strike and high and middle management had to make rooms... it was awful!! We had to make them in 20 minutes which is the average time they should take; well... it took three of us (Rooms Division Mgr included) one hour to get a room cleaned! Not to mention how hard it was to make a bed without leaving any wrinkle just as the standards were! We laughed, but we were so tired after making a few rooms! Not even half of the 13 average they had to do on a regular day! :eek: Makes you appreciate them more! :animwink:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom