Tip for Disney Scrapbookers

figment1985

Original Poster
I am an avid scrapbooker and my tip to fellow scrapbookers...is to take pictures of EVERYTHING. I find myself cutting pictures out of Disney guides to go along with my scrapbook rather than my own pictures I've taken (which is still fine).

Basically keep an open mind. Don't just take photos of your kids and Mickey. Take photos of shops, artwork, scenery, resorts, etc.

So often we take pictures of our faces and leave out all the fun stuff we did... I see this so often in people's photo albums or books.

Hope this is helpful.:wave:

mouselvrmom

Yeah, a fellow scrapbooker! I totally agree. I think every year I get better at getting more and better pictures. It is great if you can get some pictures of the rides in addition to your kids reactions to them.:)

figment1985

Original Poster
ALSO...

If you are afraid to take a ton of pictures, since you think you will fill up your memory card (if you are using a digital camera).. then bring a laptop (if you have one) and put the pictures on the computer then you can take as many pictures as you want!

I have a 512 MB card for my camera... I hope I don't go over that.. because that is more than a TON of pictures ! ;)

brertigger

If you don't want to mess with bringing a laptop, you have two more options.
There are a few Kodak PictureMaker kiosks in the theme parks. This will download your pictures to a CD for a fee.

The other option is to buy a few small memory cards. You can get them pretty cheap on the internet. I just ordered a 512 card for about $20 with shipping from Newegg.com. I prefer to have several smaller cards, in case something happens to one, not all your photos are lost.

mouselvrmom

I always bring an extra memory stick for my camera. I have a 1GB, but I certainly don't want to be caught with a full card & more pictures to take!:)

VT GAL

Something Different...

One thing that I do is when I am making my pages, I go to Home Depot and in the paint department they have the disney paint in several colors in the shape of Mickey. The paint shapes come off of the card relatively easily so they are fun little additions to the page. ;)

shimshim

One thing that I do is when I am making my pages, I go to Home Depot and in the paint department they have the disney paint in several colors in the shape of Mickey. The paint shapes come off of the card relatively easily so they are fun little additions to the page. ;)

That is a really neat idea! I'm always passing by there and I've never thought of that, go figure. Next time when I go to pick up some samples from Behr, I'll just swing by the Disney paint stand as well :)

I got really lucky and this woman I work with, who goes to Disney each year, said she had some extra stuff and she'd give me a few things. I thought this was nice of her and she ended up giving me all sorts of stickers and pages - a lot of Disney items!

I was so happy - I'm also pretty behind in my scrapbooking ;) I just finished my 2003 trip - and she must have noticed because she gave me all sorts of 2003 Disney stickers so I went back and redid a lot of the pages and now things look so much better.

Now if I could just find some old 2004 stickers I'd be all set -.-

VT GAL

That is a really neat idea! I'm always passing by there and I've never thought of that, go figure. Next time when I go to pick up some samples from Behr, I'll just swing by the Disney paint stand as well :)

I got really lucky and this woman I work with, who goes to Disney each year, said she had some extra stuff and she'd give me a few things. I thought this was nice of her and she ended up giving me all sorts of stickers and pages - a lot of Disney items!

I was so happy - I'm also pretty behind in my scrapbooking ;) I just finished my 2003 trip - and she must have noticed because she gave me all sorts of 2003 Disney stickers so I went back and redid a lot of the pages and now things look so much better.

Now if I could just find some old 2004 stickers I'd be all set -.-

I may have some old 2004 stickers and 12x12 background pages at home. I will check and send you a PM if you would like! They are really cute with Pooh and friends!!!

shimshim

Oh that would be wonderful. :) You don't need to look for background pages, I know people are always using them, I'd feel bad about that.

I just thought it was nice because she had given me 2003 stickers that had the characters and stuff around it..I had just made my own off the computer and they didn't look that great. I figured if nobody I knew had any old 2004 stickers, I'd go hunting on Ebay.

Now I've learned though, so this year when I go down I'll totally have to get 2006 ones..and if they have them by New Years, 2007 as well. Though I'm a bit worried about that Disney scrapbooking store at DTD...I've already told my friend to make sure I don't go over my spending limit when I get there.

Does anybody know where you can get the sheet protectors for the 2006 WDW scrapbooks???? I have looked at places like Wal-Mart but the ones they sell are all to short.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom