Tinkerbell's Job?

WaltzingMatilda

Original Poster
My wee sister is currently exploring her life's options. At 28 and single, and barely 90lbs. soaking wet, she's hit on the idea of Tinkerbell at WDW. I showed her the pics of Tink's flight (linked elsewhere here, can't remember where, sorry) and she's still all about it:)eek: ). She has lots of questions, and so I told her I would ask y'all, who are always so kind and helpful. She wants to know things like hours, wage, weight (because of the wire thingy), etc. Any advice is, as always, appreciated.

disneygoof1

from what I remember about tinkerbell's flight, when I was in entertainment, the hours are not long, its only for wishes. You actually have to look like tinkerbell, and the pay is like 800 for each time you fly. There has been two different girls that have been doing it for awhile and they are kinda high up in the ranks at Disney. You do have to be between 80 and 90 pounds to travel down the wire. I actually had a friend audition to be tinkerbell in japan and she got it. But she has also been in entertainment for like three years at that time. Hard to get an audition, hope this helps.

ImaYoyo

from what I remember about tinkerbell's flight, when I was in entertainment, the hours are not long, its only for wishes. You actually have to look like tinkerbell, and the pay is like 800 for each time you fly. There has been two different girls that have been doing it for awhile and they are kinda high up in the ranks at Disney. You do have to be between 80 and 90 pounds to travel down the wire. I actually had a friend audition to be tinkerbell in japan and she got it. But she has also been in entertainment for like three years at that time. Hard to get an audition, hope this helps.
BS

The pay is not 800 a night. It's an entertainment position pay +hazard pay. And no, there are more than 2 girls. Way back when, I was in ETR. If you don't know what ETR is, then there's probably no reason for you to know what tink's friends get paid.

cb3k

This topic was discussed to great lengths a while back, as I remember someone claiming that they had been offered the position but not informed on the details of the job. If memory serves me, there was no definitive answer on the "pay per flight", a bunch of assumptions and heresay answers..But I don't believe anyone came flat out with an answer. I will say that 800 sounds to be extremely high. The highest figure I can recall being mentioned was 500 a flight, which still seems to be a bit outlandish.

MiduraMagic4

Im not sure how without insider information we can even speculate on what the exact figure is. It doesnt really make much difference to me bc based on the facts of this thread and according to my calculation it would take over 2 cable lines to support me so that I could gracefully come crashing out of that window. That is before even mentioning the sight it would be to see the kids screaming as a stalky Italian stuffed into a a tiny green costume appears from the window waving a wand at the frightened crowd. OOO.... the things I wish I could do only once.

TestTrack

Im not sure how without insider information we can even speculate on what the exact figure is. It doesnt really make much difference to me bc based on the facts of this thread and according to my calculation it would take over 2 cable lines to support me so that I could gracefully come crashing out of that window. That is before even mentioning the sight it would be to see the kids screaming as a stalky Italian stuffed into a a tiny green costume appears from the window waving a wand at the frightened crowd. OOO.... the things I wish I could do only once.

:ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL:

Vernonpush

:ROFLOL:
Thank you! I laughed so hard that I started to cry! That's one of the funniest things I've ever read here!
If you would ever get your "Disney Dream" of being Tink, I would go just to get it on video.:ROFLOL:

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
BS

The pay is not 800 a night. It's an entertainment position pay +hazard pay. And no, there are more than 2 girls. Way back when, I was in ETR. If you don't know what ETR is, then there's probably no reason for you to know what tink's friends get paid.

This is consistent with what I heard during Keys to the Kingdom. I think max weight is 100lbs and of course there should be no fear of heights. You also must be very trusting of your friends. Position is in entertainment and basically is a full day's pay for your single special flight.

Mark this one up to one of those Disney experiences I have absolutely no desire to experience, totally ignoring the issues of 215 lbs and a strong adversion to green tights (or any other color for that matter).

I will be content in enjoying watching tink's flight!

Disneybub

BS

Im not trying to be funny but just because someone doesnt know what ETR is, is that a reason to be rude to them? :animwink:

wbboy29

This is consistent with what I heard during Keys to the Kingdom. I think max weight is 100lbs and of course there should be no fear of heights. You also must be very trusting of your friends. Position is in entertainment and basically is a full day's pay for your single special flight.

Mark this one up to one of those Disney experiences I have absolutely no desire to experience, totally ignoring the issues of 215 lbs and a strong adversion to green tights (or any other color for that matter).

I will be content in enjoying watching tink's flight!

Even 100 lbs is still just a bit to light

ImaYoyo

Im not trying to be funny but just because someone doesnt know what ETR is, is that a reason to be rude to them? :animwink:
Not being rude at all. Just pointing out that ETR is the department that pays people, which means someone working in ETR would know how much someone gets paid. The *Tink is a millionare* rumor drives me crazy.

WDWKat26

Holy Moly, are you off.

You don't have to look like Tinkerbell, and the pay is not $800 a night. You have to weigh between 95 and 115lbs. I've known girls who have tried to eat and eat to gain weight for it, but couldn't. Also you need to be between 4'11 and 5'1. Actually, one Tinkerbell retired at 72.

http://www.philly.com/inquirer/travel/20070805_Behind_Disney_Worlds_magic.html

disneygoof1

Holy Moly, are you off.

You don't have to look like Tinkerbell, and the pay is not $800 a night. You have to weigh between 95 and 115lbs. I've known girls who have tried to eat and eat to gain weight for it, but couldn't. Also you need to be between 4'11 and 5'1. Actually, one Tinkerbell retired at 72.

http://www.philly.com/inquirer/travel/20070805_Behind_Disney_Worlds_magic.html
ok, people everyone doesn't have to chastize me. I was in entertainment back in 03, things may have changed, thats just what I heard from a friend of mine who was auditioning to be tinkerbell. Gosh, get off my butt.

Krimedog

and actually for all you people who think the zip line is bad, it is not bad at all. i did 10 this summer over the rainforest of costa rica, 1000 feet up and some up to a mile long. It a real big adrenaline rush. And getting paid 500 dollars or so do do that one every night, would be worth it. that one is puny compared to the ones i was on. Its a very fun experience

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom