Tinkerbell's Job?

sweetpee_1993

Here's an idea!

Disney could give away a trip down the zip line as Tinkerbell in the Wishes show as a prize in the Year of a Million Dreams campaign!!! Then it wouldn't cost them anything and make one less thing they gotta give away.

Perfect!!!

:ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL:

cb3k

Im not sure how without insider information we can even speculate on what the exact figure is. It doesnt really make much difference to me bc based on the facts of this thread and according to my calculation it would take over 2 cable lines to support me so that I could gracefully come crashing out of that window. That is before even mentioning the sight it would be to see the kids screaming as a stalky Italian stuffed into a a tiny green costume appears from the window waving a wand at the frightened crowd. OOO.... the things I wish I could do only once.
Midura, this is the funniest thing I have ever read on these boards...Everyone in my office is lookin at me like an idiot 1 because I have lobster ravioli stains on my shirt, and 2 because I was laughing hysterically at what appeared to be a "Total Jobhour forecast spreadsheet". I quickly hit the lil red X on WDWMAGIC once I brough attention to myself.

MiduraMagic4

Midura, this is the funniest thing I have ever read on these boards...Everyone in my office is lookin at me like an idiot 1 because I have lobster ravioli stains on my shirt, and 2 because I was laughing hysterically at what appeared to be a "Total Jobhour forecast spreadsheet". I quickly hit the lil red X on WDWMAGIC once I brough attention to myself.

haha glad i could entertain you.:wave:

WDWKat26

I'm not going to say that this is official, but i've heard it's $400 a night. I've never had a chance to sit down and talk with Tink herself, but that's the rumor that i've heard. Remember though, it's a RUMOR. If I find out, i'll let you know :)

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
While I would need to loose slightly less than half my body weight to try it, the trip down the zip line would not bug me at all...the method Disney uses to stop poor little Tink is another matter entirely.:eek:

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
While I would need to loose slightly less than half my body weight to try it, the trip down the zip line would not bug me at all...the method Disney uses to stop poor little Tink is another matter entirely.:eek:

But you are guaranteed to stop! :eek:
Do you think the tink costume would look wrong with shoulder pads and a helmet?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
But you are guaranteed to stop! :eek:
Do you think the tink costume would look wrong with shoulder pads and a helmet?
The helmet and shoulder pads might kill the effect just a little. :lol: I am just glad they still have a CM doing this and not some cardboard cutout that was rumored a few years ago. I was also thinking that it would be pretty cool to dress the CM that plays Tink as Captain Jack for the fireworks at P&P.

cb3k

I'm not going to say that this is official, but i've heard it's $400 a night. I've never had a chance to sit down and talk with Tink herself, but that's the rumor that i've heard. Remember though, it's a RUMOR. If I find out, i'll let you know :)
This is also what I have heard on several accounts (I still believe it to be an exaggerated figure). I was just wary about posting it, and people shooting the messenger.

cb3k

The helmet and shoulder pads might kill the effect just a little. :lol: I am just glad they still have a CM doing this and not some cardboard cutout that was rumored a few years ago. I was also thinking that it would be pretty cool to dress the CM that plays Tink as Captain Jack for the fireworks at P&P.
Hmmm.....Not sure if you mentioned the P&P party "idea" as a joke, but I actually think its brilliant. I can see it now. A short video is prepared that shows Captain Jack in some kind of turmoil...He finds his way into a castle and continues to run from (fill in the blank) he eventually gets all the way to the top where the villain is about to blast him with a cannon...Cannon Fires. Cut Video. Move to Live Action..A mini explosion comes from the top of the castle and out comes Jack Sparrow zip lining down with his legs dangling and frantically kicking (he reminds me of doing this)...Sorry to get off topic but this thread was going nowhere.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Hmmm.....Not sure if you mentioned the P&P party "idea" as a joke, but I actually think its brilliant. I can see it now. A short video is prepared that shows Captain Jack in some kind of turmoil...He finds his way into a castle and continues to run from (fill in the blank) he eventually gets all the way to the top where the villain is about to blast him with a cannon...Cannon Fires. Cut Video. Move to Live Action..A mini explosion comes from the top of the castle and out comes Jack Sparrow zip lining down with his legs dangling and frantically kicking (he reminds me of doing this)...Sorry to get off topic but this thread was going nowhere.
Actually I was being serious. ( I have to change things up every now and then to keep you guys guessing :D )I had mentioned this to my wife the first time we went to P&P.

Nemo14

Actually I was being serious. ( I have to change things up every now and then to keep you guys guessing :D )I had mentioned this to my wife the first time we went to P&P.
When we went to the P&P party in February, DH asked me if it would be Tink or a pirate - I guess great minds do think alike!

WaltzingMatilda

Original Poster
from what I remember about tinkerbell's flight, when I was in entertainment, the hours are not long, its only for wishes. You actually have to look like tinkerbell, and the pay is like 800 for each time you fly. There has been two different girls that have been doing it for awhile and they are kinda high up in the ranks at Disney. You do have to be between 80 and 90 pounds to travel down the wire. I actually had a friend audition to be tinkerbell in japan and she got it. But she has also been in entertainment for like three years at that time. Hard to get an audition, hope this helps.

Thank you so much for your reply! The whole point of my thread was to get any information possible, so I appreciate that you took the time.

And thanks to everyone else for your posts, the wee sister is going to look into the whole deal through more formal channels, but when the idea first came into her head, she said "ask your people". I suppose I'm the "high level" Disney nut in the family...:lol:

Thanks again!

brucie

When we were their in Sept we did the Keys to the Kingdom tour(highly recommend it) We were told that the pay is a full 8 hrs(don't know the hourly wage) plus hazard pay plus stunt pay. She has to be there 1 hour before hand and has to climb the last part of the castle on her own because the opening is so small and after she climbs to the top she attaches her wings by herself which weigh about 30-40lbs, if there is the slightest bit of wind or risk of thunderstorm she doesn't fly but will still get paid for her full day. Not bad for just over an hour of work!

JML42691

As I don't really know for sure, I have to ask, what is the 'stopping method' for tink? I thought it had something to do with tink pulling a cord which drops her onto a giant cushion (don't know what they are called, like the thing the guy lands on in LMA when he falls of the roof).

brucie

As I don't really know for sure, I have to ask, what is the 'stopping method' for tink? I thought it had something to do with tink pulling a cord which drops her onto a giant cushion (don't know what they are called, like the thing the guy lands on in LMA when he falls of the roof).

We were also told on the tour that she stops before or close to the end and has to pull herself to the finish(not to far though) and there is someone there to help at the end. Apparently if it's not completely dark you can see it a bit but nobody ever looks because by that time they are into the fireworks and have forgotten about tink!

WaltzingMatilda

Original Poster
We were also told on the tour that she stops before or close to the end and has to pull herself to the finish(not to far though) and there is someone there to help at the end. Apparently if it's not completely dark you can see it a bit but nobody ever looks because by that time they are into the fireworks and have forgotten about tink!

Excellent info..thanks!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
The stopping method for tink is basically her slamming into a couple of guys holding up a couple of large gymnastic floor pads.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom