Tinkerbell's Flight celebrated 20 years tonight.

boo52

Original Poster
Tinkerbell celebrated her 20th year tonight flying high above Cinderella Castle. Her first flight was July 3rd, 1985.

a2grafix

boo52 said:
Tinkerbell celebrated her 20th year tonight flying high above Cinderella Castle. Her first flight was July 3rd, 1985.

I was there with my family. We had a two-week trip from Ohio to Tampa/St. Pete to see friends, then WDW for five days, then we drove up to DC the next day for the fourth and stayed a few in the nation's capital.

Wow, 20 years? Where has the time gone.

TheDisneyMagic

Congratulations to Tinkerbell and her flight every night, 20 years is a long old time and lets hope she carries on for a long long time to come. :)

mkepcotmgmak

i thought she had been flying for longer than that at WDW.

after seeing Disneyland's new 'flight pattern', i can't even imagine why WDW wouldn't copy the new system! It was SO much more magical!

MKCP 1985

I saw her FIRST flight. . . aaand, I have the Eyes and Ears edition with articles and photographs outlining all the work that went into that first flight, modifications to Cinderella's Castle, Tinkerbell, the whole works. ;)

Congrats to WDW on 20 years of Tinkerbell flights.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
MKCP 1985 said:
I saw her FIRST flight. . . aaand, I have the Eyes and Ears edition with articles and photographs outlining all the work that went into that first flight, modifications to Cinderella's Castle, Tinkerbell, the whole works. ;)

Congrats to WDW on 20 years of Tinkerbell flights.

Modifications to Tinkerbell? :eek:
Even if it is a simple straight line away from the castle, it is magic every time I see it.

LUV4Goofy

That is so awesome!! Here's to Tink.....hip hip hooray!

I'd like to know how long it takes Tink to prepare for that flight and if she gets nervous every night!!! ALso, how much pixie dust it takes for that kind of flying??

MKCP 1985

ClemsonTigger said:
Modifications to Tinkerbell? :eek:
:lol: I didn't mean it that way, but I suppose there were definitely modifications to her wardrobe as compared to before July of 85! :lol: No, you might be surprised how much reinforcement steel went into the spire to anchor that telephone line. :lookaroun

to clarify: articles and photographs of the modifications to the castle plus photographs of Tinkerbell and the imagineers who made it happen. In essence, all the answers to Luv4Goofy's questions. ;)

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
MKCP 1985 said:
:lol: I didn't mean it that way, but I suppose there were definitely modifications to her wardrobe as compared to before July of 85! :lol: No, you might be surprised how much reinforcement steel went into the spire to anchor that telephone line. :lookaroun

to clarify: articles and photographs of the modifications to the castle plus photographs of Tinkerbell and the imagineers who made it happen. In essence, all the answers to Luv4Goofy's questions. ;)

Yea, I knew what you meant, but for whatever reason the line just read "funny". I am amazed at how much does go into safely tethering 100lbs plus or minus over that distance, her guts to jump out of the window or the war stories of the crash landings in the somewhat less technical part of the maneuver.

Hope to get out to DL later this year to see the new presentation there, but the current trip at MK (just like the Matterhorn climbers) is simple but fun, just as it is!

MKCP 1985

MiRi said:
MKCP, is there any way that you can scan this article? Thanks.
You don't think seeing the details would detract from the magic, do you? I haven't seen this posted on the internet before, although I may have overlooked it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom