Tinkerbelle Meet and Greet

sweetpee_1993

I think it could be pretty temporary...although very nice temporary. :D The backdrop behind the props looks like it could be just a canvas of some sort that's easily moveable. Then bring the props, some indoor/outdoor green floor covering, do some arranging and voila! You got a nice little meet-n-greet! :wave:

Biff215

It looks pretty nice, even though it might not be the best fit thematically. It brings a little life to an otherwise quiet part of Adventureland, although I guess it kills any chance the restaurant will return anytime soon.

A lot of comments on the blog are asking about Pixie Hollow, I guess they don't realize it's no longer being built (most likely not at least).

Epcot's setup always looked temporary to me, so this looks much more permanent. As long as there's air conditioning, I'll wait for any character with my daughter!

mm52200

So are the characters that usually meet in the Verandah during the parties cut from the parties now since the fairies are there now...I'm going to guess they probably are.

Tom

Beta Return
What was the reason that they moved from EPCOT again? I read it somewhere, but it escapes me now..

Because they don't fit in Epcot whatsoever....

....of course, they don't really fit in Adventureland either.

Anyone else see Adventureland sort of turning into Neverland? :lookaroun
Not that I actually really mind.

Other than this, not really. I guess this was the only real estate in the MK that would accommodate the girls. It better be temporary, because they have some serious theme contamination happening here.

Looks nice. It beats just having an un-used space.

I guess there is a bright side to it.

NASAMan

Because they don't fit in Epcot whatsoever....

Except that it was a temporary move during the Flower and Garden show, and was really a nice area for younger kids and families. I'm glad they are back in the Magic Kingdom though, and being in the Veranda is a good move for now.

Tom

Beta Return
Except that it was a temporary move during the Flower and Garden show, and was really a nice area for younger kids and families. I'm glad they are back in the Magic Kingdom though, and being in the Veranda is a good move for now.

I know Epcot was officially temporary, but it always seemed strange to me, even with F&G going on. I mean, other than being around flowers, there's no correlation between fairies and Epcot. I just struggled with that one.

boufa

I would say that we better get used to it. This thing looks pretty perm. I doubt that it is going anywhere soon. Taking an "adventure" to pixie hollow is the tie in, and they seem very o.k. with it... even if we don't. When I was there 3 years ago, the only tinker bell sighting was flying through the air during wishes. So I say Yay! they found a way to take an unused space and use it to allow meet and greets with "new" characters.

Adventure land may not be the perfect fit, but there are far bigger violations of theme in the parks.

Tom

Beta Return
Adventure land may not be the perfect fit, but there are far bigger violations of theme in the parks.

True. And at least this one is indoors and out of direct eye sight (I presume), so not as offensive as, say, a race track in the middle of "the future" and a land of fairy tales. :lookaroun

jlevis

Well, all I know is that we're going to be there in September and my wife is about to wet her pants with excitement over meeting Tink!! :eek:

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Well, all I know is that we're going to be there in September and my wife is about to wet her pants with excitement over meeting Tink!! :eek:

I understand where you are with this My wife was exactly the same when we got to meet her last year :lol:

drew81

I would say that we better get used to it. This thing looks pretty perm. I doubt that it is going anywhere soon. Taking an "adventure" to pixie hollow is the tie in, and they seem very o.k. with it... even if we don't. When I was there 3 years ago, the only tinker bell sighting was flying through the air during wishes. So I say Yay! they found a way to take an unused space and use it to allow meet and greets with "new" characters.

Like when Suzy & Perla and the Country Bears appeared in the Oasis......

zandalee

Let your wife know that I'll be more than happy to wait in line with her, and I'm prettty sure DH would be fine hanging with you elsewhere!

bayoubelle

amuck, amuck, amuck
Why not put Tink in a spot at DHS. Seriously, all these "What do we do with the movie characters?" Seems simple

Also, it cracks me up that there is land contamination because this is supposed to be the #1 Disney World mortal sin. Thou must not see a Fantasyland character anywhere but Fantasyland, etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom