Tinkerbell

Main Street Jim

Tink is *very* real ;) She is not a "cutout", or "plastic", or a "dummy", or an "animatronic". She is, indeed, a very real Pixie :) (Scroll down for spoiler...)

-------------------------------------------
Yes, folks, Tink is a real Cast Member who makes the flight for the fireworks. She "lands" over the Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station. I have met and talked to "Tink" on more than one occasion after working my parade shifts on Main Street, and take my trainees back there to at least see her come down the stairs/ladder when she's done.

Captain Hank

bomberman said:
How did WDW get tinkerbell to fly for the fireworks in MK, and what is tinkerbell, a cutout or something?
Next time you are in the MK, look up at the castle. If you look closely, you'll see a wire going from one of the uppermost turrets down to one of the Tomorrowland rooftops. Tinkerbell (a real, live gymnist) attaches herself to the wire and glides down at the appropriate time in the show. Rain, lightning, or wind will stop Tink from flying for the night.

sillyspook13

What are you guys talking about? That wire is for the cable so Prince Charming can get ESPN and Cinderella can get the Home and Garden Network......:D

LongballMG

Tink is very full of herself... she only flies when she wants too..

the cable is where the fairy godmother hangs out her laundry...

Mike

AEfx

Main Street Jim said:
Tink is *very* real ;) She is not a "cutout", or "plastic", or a "dummy", or an "animatronic". She is, indeed, a very real Pixie :) (Scroll down for spoiler...)

Though sometimes "her" legs are harrier than at other times. ;)

AEfx

A "Ghost" Host

It5s true. Tinker Bell is a real person, I know because my friend Grace "works with" her during the fireworks. She is in the tower of the castle, there are 3-4 people who lean her forward and outward and 1 person (once I got to do it!) that un hooks her so she may take flight. Her costume is very sequin light, I really need her to explain this again but the thing of her costume "lighting up" is all an illusion the only lights on her are her wings.

marchofthecards

LongballMG said:
Tink is very full of herself... she only flies when she wants too..

the cable is where the fairy godmother hangs out her laundry...

Mike

No, its Prince Charmings Cable, so he can nip back in and watch ESPN after that infernal Coronation he has to do every two hours!

:lol:

Connor002

dklovesbball said:
what is disneyland's version of tinkerbell?

Disneyland's Tinkerbell system doesn't use the zip line type... Tink "flies" back and forth along her wire, and (to a limited extent) up and down.

I wouldn't expect it to come the the World...

Main Street Jim

Nope, DL's will not be coming to WDW.

Oh - and for all you so-called "Disney geeks": "Tinker Bell" is spelled just like that; two words, capital "T", capital "B".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom