Tinkerbell

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
sillyspook13 said:
What are you guys talking about? That wire is for the cable so Prince Charming can get ESPN and Cinderella can get the Home and Garden Network......:D

Thanks for bringing some sanity to this silly rumor nonsense! :rolleyes:

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Laura22 said:
I can't believe people thought she wasn't real. She always looked plenty real to me.

Well, I guess if you're on the other side of Main St. or at the train station....

But everyone should be in front of the castle or on the walkway going to Tomorrowland (at least once), to really get to appreciate Tink...and maybe get a little pixie dust for yourself...

Enderikari

Thats funny, I have Tinker Bell's autograph hanging in my room... Its very hard to get however... you see, everytime Tinker Bell signs something, she ruins a pair of shoes.... She is too small to hold the pen, so she finds the inkwell, dips her shoes in it, then skates over whatever it is she needs to sign. So you see why her autograph is so hard to get, it costs a fortune in those little pixie shoes.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
AEfx said:
Though sometimes "her" legs are harrier than at other times. ;)

AEfx
yeah... if she didn't shave.

It's a woman. I've met multiple performers, and none have a Y-Chromosome; none have a smidgen of facial hair: none have an Adam's apple; and none have an unsightly bulge in their tights.

mkt

Premium Member
Enderikari said:
Thats funny, I have Tinker Bell's autograph hanging in my room... Its very hard to get however... you see, everytime Tinker Bell signs something, she ruins a pair of shoes.... She is too small to hold the pen, so she finds the inkwell, dips her shoes in it, then skates over whatever it is she needs to sign. So you see why her autograph is so hard to get, it costs a fortune in those little pixie shoes.

I have it too!!

And a book with several thousand autographs and sketches, meticulously kept up to date :D

yoda_5729

Enderikari said:

Hahahah....that's funny....but if anyone can seriously get me Tink's autograph I would be interested :)

Sorry about the double post, it's the first time I used a quote in a reply

A "Ghost" Host

nevermind
mkt said:
yeah... if she didn't shave.

It's a woman. I've met multiple performers, and none have a Y-Chromosome; none have a smidgen of facial hair: none have an Adam's apple; and none have an unsightly bulge in their tights.
Yeah, I know they used to have men do it at times, I'm not sure if they still do now.

Main Street Jim

Okay, my friend Grace does Tinker Bell for the Fireworks. Tink is indeed a living person in costume. She wears tights, a green leotard 'skirt' her wig, and the wings. The wings are actually the only part of the costume that have lights on them, everything else , well thats a 'Disney Secret.' She is suspended from an angle on Cinderella's clothesline" which uses a whatchamacallit that is hiddedn by her wings and rolls her down the clothesline. Backstage, its pretty funny to watch. When she starts, you actually need to hold her legs so she is angled correctly, then you unstrap her so she can 'fly.' When she lands they make her eat...like I said, its funny backstage. Just remember, this is all a 'Disney Secret' so shhhhh

So much for character integrity, and keeping this "secret" magic.

Thanks for ruining it for us REAL Cast Members who aspire to keep Walt's vision of *magic* alive. :mad::mad::brick::brick:

A friend of mine just put it so eloquently. Some Cast Members just don't deserve an ID. I mean...I suppose next, you're going to tell us all bout Mickey and the "real people" behind that. Or maybe how Princess Belle and Princess Jasmine...never mind.

Like my friend said: some Cast Members just don't deserve that ID card.

mkt

Premium Member
Main Street Jim said:
So much for character integrity, and keeping this "secret" magic.

Thanks for ruining it for us REAL Cast Members who aspire to keep Walt's vision of *magic* alive. :mad::mad::brick::brick:
Jim, you're cool... but I'm gonna be a pr¿ck right now, so I apologize in advance.

This isn't Intercot... while the magic is alive and well, there are quite a few of us that believe in answering honestly the questions of an adult.

Plus... you're off the clock right now, and if you are on the clock, whatcha doin' posting from work? Tsk tsk...

And a REAL Cast Member is one that provides the magic while on the clock and does it well and without fail. Doing so off the clock doesn't make you any less of a cast member, although I will question your basic human integrity if you have pixy dust flowing through your veins, failing to realized that there is a whole world full of people, things, and places that have little or nothing to do with Disney.

Lighten up... threads like this die long before any real damage is done.

mkt

Premium Member
A "Ghost" Host said:
Yeah, I know they used to have men do it at times, I'm not sure if they still do now.

In my 5 years there, every time I saw Tink in the tunnels, it was always a she... not once did I see any piece of a tink costume in any male locker room, nor did I ever walk up to a Urinal next to Tinkerbell.

I'm guessing this change was in 1998/1999?

mkt

Premium Member
yoda_5729 said:
Does Tink even sign autographs?
she can, but doesn't appear in WDW cause she's sooooo tiny the pen might crush her. After all, we don't want mayhem in the Happiest Place on Earth. A place where certain words, actions, and concepts simply cease to exist.

Enderikari

Sorry MKT, I am siding with Jim for this... Preserving the Magical Guest Experience works for all guests, including the potential guests that frequent these boards....

The simple fact remains that I am getting up there in my age, and I still believe, despite what I see daily, and not because I have been brainwashed...

There is only one Mickey Mouse...

Why? because there has to be.. Because there is no reason to not believe that... What is the purpose, what is the gain from believing anything different. That is Tinkerbell flying from Cinderella Castle, why? Because it is. Because the benefits of believing that it is outweigh the drawbacks of thinking anything different.

I don't think it is my place to admonish Ghost Host for revealing what he knows, but all I can say, is that I agree with EVERYTHING Jim said..

KentB3

mkt said:
Jim, you're cool... but I'm gonna be a pr¿ck right now, so I apologize in advance.

This isn't Intercot... while the magic is alive and well, there are quite a few of us that believe in answering honestly the questions of an adult.

Plus... you're off the clock right now, and if you are on the clock, whatcha doin' posting from work? Tsk tsk...

And a REAL Cast Member is one that provides the magic while on the clock and does it well and without fail. Doing so off the clock doesn't make you any less of a cast member, although I will question your basic human integrity if you have pixy dust flowing through your veins, failing to realized that there is a whole world full of people, things, and places that have little or nothing to do with Disney.

Lighten up... threads like this die long before any real damage is done.

How is Intercot different from WDWMagic in this respect? :confused:

mkt

Premium Member
KentB3 said:
How is Intercot different from WDWMagic in this respect? :confused:
Intercot has banned members for "spoiling the magic"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom