Timon 2.0 coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

WDWGuy

Original Poster
A very reliable source within WDW Entertainment has informed me that our pal Timon over at The Festival of the Lion King will be getting the royal treatment that was bestowed upon the characters at Dream Along With Mickey.

That is correct! Timon's face will be animated beginning very shortly. No set date yet.

This is wonderful to hear due to the level of Timon's dialogue in the show! It will certainly add a lot to the character.

I have also heard that all of the shows for MIckey's Very Merry Christmas Party will also have the new talking heads.

:sohappy: :sohappy:

TheDisneyMagic

Wow, thanks for the update, hopefully they are planning on gradually updating as many characters as possible to this new design, it looks so much more realistic.

haveyoumetmark

IF true, I would hope that the Timon figure is as fluent, animated, and life-like like the current models in Dream Along with Mickey. For some reason, I can only picture it being really robotic, although I know that won't happen from looking at the Dream Along with Mickey characters. Anyway, I haven't seen FotLK in a long while, I still haven't been in the air-conditioned, enclosed, version! I'll probably go and check this out if it comes.

Thanks for the heads up! :wave:

ToTBellHop

They need to make some of the meet n greet characters like this, too--they could run it like they ran Lucky, having someone hiding in the crowd to program responses for the characters. They could just start out with the characters that get the longest lines: if you are going to wait an hour in the sun to meet Buzz, it'd be much cooler if he talked to you!

Baloo423

Actually, Timon originally had a "talking head" when Festival first opened in 1998. Because of it breaking down alot, being expensive to keep fixing and then only certain people were trained in it, they did away with it. Also, Timon and the Fab 4 weren't the first to get the "Royal Treatment". Anyone remember the Muppet stage shows at MGM Studios? Yup, the Muppet's had first crack at the animatronic heads. I'm guessing now, Disney found a cheaper way of putting these heads together and so now they can have more characters bring more "magic" to the audience. Now if they can give the "Royal Treatment" to Chip, Dale, Daisy and Pluto I would be extremely happy. :sohappy:

Mecha Figment

do you knwo this for a fact and did you see it in person? I have also been told that the talking Timon was never in animal kingdom but does exist over seas. and the two get confused some times.

WDWKat26

They need to make some of the meet n greet characters like this, too--they could run it like they ran Lucky, having someone hiding in the crowd to program responses for the characters. They could just start out with the characters that get the longest lines: if you are going to wait an hour in the sun to meet Buzz, it'd be much cooler if he talked to you!

The thing is, people knew Lucky was a robot. However, Mickey is Mickey. Those specific heads can not be used on sets due to the noises that they make.

Chip, Dale and Pluto will most definitely be..."saying a lot" this winter during the Christmas Castle Show "Celebrate The Season" if you catch my drift... ;)

Piebald

do you knwo this for a fact and did you see it in person? I have also been told that the talking Timon was never in animal kingdom but does exist over seas. and the two get confused some times.

I know this for a fact; The first time I went to AK (the summer after it opened) Timon had a talking head. I thought it was very cool and then I saw FOTLK a few years later and noticed it was regular Timon.

I have also heard that the talking heads will be incorporated into Mickey Mouse Clubhouse which is the show that will eventually replace Playhouse Disney Live next year. :wave:

MickeyJman06

A very reliable source within WDW Entertainment has informed me that our pal Timon over at The Festival of the Lion King will be getting the royal treatment that was bestowed upon the characters at Dream Along With Mickey.

That is correct! Timon's face will be animated beginning very shortly. No set date yet.

This is wonderful to hear due to the level of Timon's dialogue in the show! It will certainly add a lot to the character.

I have also heard that all of the shows for MIckey's Very Merry Christmas Party will also have the new talking heads.

:sohappy: :sohappy:
seems very fake, seems very impossible to Disney, seems like it is a rejected idea

Unfortunately for me, since my parents never gave me the chance to see Dream Alonge with Mickey, I dunno what the technology looks like. But it sounds pretty cool, though. :)

disnyfan89

Well I would imagine that if Timon is being made into a talking head it wont happen till next year. The last I have heard of Development on these new heads is Chip and Dale.

Entertainment has said that they are planning to incorporate these heads into all of the Holiday Party's this year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom