Timon 2.0 coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

drew81

The thing is, people knew Lucky was a robot. However, Mickey is Mickey. Those specific heads can not be used on sets due to the noises that they make.

Chip, Dale and Pluto will most definitely be..."saying a lot" this winter during the Christmas Castle Show "Celebrate The Season" if you catch my drift... ;)

YEA!!!!!!!

darthjohnny

Well I would imagine that if Timon is being made into a talking head it wont happen till next year. The last I have heard of Development on these new heads is Chip and Dale.

Entertainment has said that they are planning to incorporate these heads into all of the Holiday Party's this year.

Why would they postpone it an entire year? The technology is there. They just make the heads all at the same time.

disnyfan89

Why would they postpone it an entire year? The technology is there. They just make the heads all at the same time.
Just because tech. is already there doesn't mean it’s an easy job. If they are planning on making Timon "talk" in FOLK they will most likely start at scratch. They would first have to look at the current design of Timon's head to decide if it can accommodate the new head tech. If not, they would have to redesign him. This mean they have to look for new materials etc.. After that it would have to be tested and approved for the theme parks. Currently this would be inconvenient as they are busy working on the new Chip and Dale heads. It would defiantly not be on the top of their list of important developments since they are working very hard so that all of these moveable heads will be able to premiere in the Holiday parades and shows. Not to mention their further plans for the heads starting early next year. Also lets not forget budgets! I’m sure in time we will see Timon 2.0 but in my opinion most likely not until summer next year at the earliest.

darthjohnny

But why would they opt to do the Chip 'n' Dale heads if it's only for the temporary Christmas shows? Why wouldn't they worry about that later, and make Timon so they can have it in the already popular show as soon as possible?

disnyfan89

But why would they opt to do the Chip 'n' Dale heads if it's only for the temporary Christmas shows? Why wouldn't they worry about that later, and make Timon so they can have it in the already popular show as soon as possible?
They will be used in more than just the Holiday partys!

~Tinkerbell~

I've never seen the actual Dream Along With Mickey show, but I've seen snippets of the show on YouTube, and the moving heads look great! It would be brilliant if Timon could have the same! :D

jiminy.cricket

That's so exciting! I understand this technology is used in DAwM and DCT Parade; is it used in all the other parades and shows as well?

joanna71985

The thing is, people knew Lucky was a robot. However, Mickey is Mickey. Those specific heads can not be used on sets due to the noises that they make.

Chip, Dale and Pluto will most definitely be..."saying a lot" this winter during the Christmas Castle Show "Celebrate The Season" if you catch my drift... ;)

Yay! I can't wait!:sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom