Timekeeper to Begin Seasonal Operation

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Original Poster
from Main Street Headlines:

The Timekeeper in Tomorrowland will be closed effective Sunday January 25, 2004 and begin seasonal operation at that time. Seasonal operational information will be forwarded at approriate times throughout the year to announce operating hours.

ISTCrew20

Hmmm...VERY interesting :animwink: ...

Forget the Timekeeper, what will become of the spiffy shop they just HAD to move into the queue:rolleyes:

CTXRover

I imagine this indicates that Timekeeper really doesn't pull any crowds in. Both it and COP were to be kept open all season in light of the fact that without AE, Tomorrowland was down one attraction (sure..everything should have been open all the time anyways...but that's an entirely different subject). Now, even though Stitch's Escape is about a year away, Timekeeper is probably going seasonal since it isn't used by many to begin with. Its still sad to see a perfectly fine attraction sit closed, but I guess if most of the shows are empty anyhow, what will be the difference.

I bet though they'll keep that makeshift shop open ;)

Maerj

Me thinketh that stinketh! I thought that Carousel of Progress and Timekeeper would be opened until Stitch opened, hrumph! Well, I am hoping to go there in May, I surely hope both of those attractions are open by then.

:mad:

orlpassholder

So does that mean that GREAT gift shop they have in it will remain close also OR will you just be allowed to shop in this VAST empty pre show queue????

Shaman

Originally posted by orlpassholder
So does that mean that GREAT gift shop they have in it will remain close also OR will you just be allowed to shop in this VAST empty pre show queue????

Kind of sad if you think about it...but a very good example of the current state of things....the queue is replaced with a temporary shop..while the attraction is being closed...so that it will only open seasonally...kind of shows us where the priorities are in the Disney company.....I would imagine the shop will stay open....

:brick:

MrNonacho

Premium Member
It was fun while it lasted. This, along with the fact that they removed one of the permanent signs (the outside A-frame sign bolted to the ground) does not bode well for the attraction.

Next up: COP!

dxwwf3

New Tomorrowland I hope you have written your will because you are just about dead. The New New Tomorrowland (or as I like to call it Fantasyland East) is getting closer and closer to becoming a reality. Now wether that is good or bad to you I think we can pretty much say that "The Future That Never Was" and "The City of Tomorrow" is getting ready to have the plug pulled. I thought when the New Tomorrowland opened in the mid 90's that it would've lasted longer than this. This is really sad.

And with The Timekeeper ALMOST gone the only things left over from the changes are the flippin' Astro Orbitor and the TTA. And those really didn't change all that much. Space Mountain and CoP were pretty much unchanged during the makeover so I'm not counting them.

Watch out Carousel of Progress I hope you are not next.

Maerj

Originally posted by bhg469
i thought i was finally gonna get to see it, im going feb 4th its jsut not fair

Same here! Not the same date, but I was hoping to go this year and a big part of wanting to go this year was to get the chance to finally see Timekeeper and CoP, since they have been closed every time I have been there.

Seasonal openings are total crap! Either leave it open all the time or close it and put something new there.

Pioneer Hall

And now we know why they set up a shop in the queue. Now they can keep the temporary shop open and close the attraction. People who are shopping won't have to deal with those annoying attraction seeking guests. :rolleyes:

WILL YOU GUYS KNOCK IT OFF?!

The Timekeeper is NOT going away for good anytime in the future!

It will always exist and be around, even if only for seasonal operations.

A lot of you people worry too much, IMO.

dxwwf3

Originally posted by disneyphilip

Yeah and that's what I thought about Alien Encouter and Horizons. And we all know how that turned out.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Originally posted by disneyphilip

Yeah.....and I'm hopeful that the 20k lagoon and horizons will reopen any day now.

DisneyFan 2000

Yey! more shops are open! Now I have a REAL reason to visit WDW again! :rolleyes:
I hate Eisner! Will someone PLEASE replace that annoying greedy CEO!!!!!!!!!!! :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom