Time to Replace PotC at MK

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

One question I would really like to know is this. We know that Disney is always telling us how they truly "value our feedback" and "take seriously" the complaints of customers. So I would really like to know if people actually did complain about the scene of if the powers that be just decided of their own volition to take it out and replace it with something that caters to the more modern and "corporate" sensibility.

EricsBiscuit

Original Poster
While I agree that theme park rides aren't textbooks, but there's a point when the actual history inspired ride deviates so much from the history that inspired it and/or just becomes so ridiculous it needs to be changed or replaced. PotC is at that point. It's short, there's nothing impressive anymore. The finale is pathetic for 2018. They could do sooo much better with the fire scene. They could upgrade he SFX. All the AAs need updating. Etc. At this point, PotC is too much of a clusterf.. er a hodgepodge of random stuff that it needs to be refreshed and unify the attraction.

erasure fan1

This is a super tough, pirates holds a near and dear place in my heart. I am at the point though, where if they said it was shutting down for a complete redo, I'd be fine with it. On the other hand, I would not trust Disney to actually make the ride better and put in the effort needed for a proper redo of a ride of that stature. I would fear we get another Imagination or test track. So if I had to make a choice, just keep it as is.

LauraRose

And if you write off themed debate you can stop looking at these forums

Now where’s the fun in that?
9CAA23A9-8D04-4AE4-AE5F-3E3DA60DC263.jpeg

winstongator

POTC stopped being POTC when they added Jack Sparrow. With each update it gets worse and worse. It was never my favorite attraction but it was still a must do. Now... I guess I'd see it if the wait time was low.

Is POTC still an E?
Came to say this. It was almost 20 years between visiting MK for me, so I was quite surprised to see Captain Jack on the ride.

JusticeDisney

and I am sure our grandparents, grandparent's said the same thing.

" I can't believe these people today. Back in my day you could own a human and only white property owners could vote."

Things change. Deal with it or invent a time machine. It is an attraction in a theme park, not a history textbook.
I was literally thinking that same exact thing, and then I read your post! Spot on!

danyoung56

While the imagineers' main job is arguably to think up new stuff, a very important job is to drive new crowds to old attractions. You can bet that the ridership numbers will be WAY up this year for Pirates rides around the world, so they did their job well.

Jedi Stitch

This has absolutely nothing to do with free speech. No government agency showed up at WDW with arrest warrants. Disney wanted to change it so they changed it. If it was to be more PC, that is their call.
I guess free speech wasn't the right direction, but I do feel that someone else view is being imposed on us, instead of leaving it alone as good humor fun.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom