Time to Replace PotC at MK

EricsBiscuit

Original Poster
The latest change has torn the heart out of the attraction, spat on it, then given it to a first year pre med student. It is simply downhill from here for this old, hodgepodge "attraction." It is time to replace PotC at MK.

mergatroid

The latest change has torn the heart out of the attraction, spat on it, then given it to a first year pre med student. It is simply downhill from here for this old, hodgepodge "attraction." It is time to replace PotC at MK.

Still fine by me, even after the slight redhead change. To be honest whenever I though about POTC I always thought of the attraction as a whole. The music outside as you approach, the wonderfully themed queue that winds through the building, the skeleton, the storm, the drop, the pirate ship battle, the burning town, the hairy leg, the redhead in fishnets and the dog being tempted by a bone.

So now there's a slight change to one scene I don't see how that can ruin a ride forever? The only real explanation I can fathom would be that the line "We wants the redhead" is the only reason that you rode it? I mean she's still there, still speaks and is still part of the story. Unless the main thrill of the attraction was just one scene consisting of a lady being sold into the sex trade where she has no say in the matter, then I don't really see the issue? But it's all about opinions and if that's how you feel, then fair enough.

ELG13

Still fine by me, even after the slight redhead change. To be honest whenever I though about POTC I always thought of the attraction as a whole. The music outside as you approach, the wonderfully themed queue that winds through the building, the skeleton, the storm, the drop, the pirate ship battle, the burning town, the hairy leg, the redhead in fishnets and the dog being tempted by a bone.

So now there's a slight change to one scene I don't see how that can ruin a ride forever? The only real explanation I can fathom would be that the line "We wants the redhead" is the only reason that you rode it? I mean she's still there, still speaks and is still part of the story. Unless the main thrill of the attraction was just one scene consisting of a lady being sold into the sex trade where she has no say in the matter, then I don't really see the issue? But it's all about opinions and if that's how you feel, then fair enough.
When I explain my love for WDW to people the theming and the queues is my main point. The rides are great and it's hard to pick a favorite but they are so good at building the anticipation with the lines. A lot is missed when you fast pass a ride sometimes. Don't get me wrong...I love a good fast pass and I'm not saying waiting 2 hrs for a ride is fun. But a 20 minute wait as you meander your way through the queue???? Kinda awesome.

Captain Barbossa

When I explain my love for WDW to people the theming and the queues is my main point. The rides are great and it's hard to pick a favorite but they are so good at building the anticipation with the lines. A lot is missed when you fast pass a ride sometimes. Don't get me wrong...I love a good fast pass and I'm not saying waiting 2 hrs for a ride is fun. But a 20 minute wait as you meander your way through the queue???? Kinda awesome.
It's all about paying attention to detail ;)

Kamikaze

Have you seen it in person or just on video?

KBLovedDisney

Well, when your second favorite ride of all of Disney was the Pirates of the Caribbean since you were 4 years old, and then they change up an original concept iconic scene that was indeed your favorite scene...then yeah. It is like taking your favorite book and changing the dialogue in your favorite portion. It hurts. Starts to make you wish they would have never touched it, but now since it has been degraded and the story has been changed (like in a horrible bad movie sequel), then replacing would be a better way to go about it you would think. However, as much as TDC changes rides to...well..not exactly greater things (JII, Maelstrom, SSE...), I don't think it would turn out too pretty to be honest.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
As soon as a pirates group comes forward and claims that the ride is racist and degrading to them and their profession, then it will officially be the end. People are so weak and pathetic today. If our great grandfathers were here to see us today they'd smack us around.
and I am sure our grandparents, grandparent's said the same thing.

" I can't believe these people today. Back in my day you could own a human and only white property owners could vote."

Things change. Deal with it or invent a time machine. It is an attraction in a theme park, not a history textbook.

macefamily

Sorry you were offended. Make an appointment at your therapist today, hug your service dog, go outside and shout at the sky, then enjoy a nice unbruised, Shaman-blessed soy latte made by a bleeding-heart liberal whose name is Sunshine who doesn't identify with either gender.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom