Time to MCO

Gavman

Original Poster
We are regular cruisers on Royal Caribbean, and we know our timing with them to get to the airport, but this will be our first DCL cruise. Regarding the Dream out of PC, what time does disembarkation start? Can we make a 12pm flight out of MCO using the ME? Thanks.

sweetpee_1993

Disembarkation has started around 7:30-7:45 for all of the 3 sailings we've been on out of PC. We just had a 12:25 or 12:35 return flight from our recent cruise. We didn't hang around on the ship too long because we saw how crazy long the security check line was the morning we sailed out. We got to the airport in plenty of time. It did take 35 minutes to clear security. We were down near our gate with time to get breakfast and relax for over an hour. Just make sure you don't hang around the ship a long time. Get moving early and go to Cabanas for breakfast or skip breakfast and get it once you clear security at the airport. You should be fine.

Disneyfalcon

Disney recommends nothing before 11:30. 11:30 is usually enough time, but you could be cutting it close.

The ship usually clears customs around 7:30. It can be later. Once the cruise before us couldn't disembark until 10. That was definitely not the norm and something happened to delay them.

The other problem is security lines at MCO. They can be crazy.

So if everything aligns, 12:00 is fine. We've made an 11:35 flight easily. But if something unusual happens, you may have a frantic morning.

Gavman

Original Poster
Disembarkation has started around 7:30-7:45 for all of the 3 sailings we've been on out of PC. We just had a 12:25 or 12:35 return flight from our recent cruise. We didn't hang around on the ship too long because we saw how crazy long the security check line was the morning we sailed out. We got to the airport in plenty of time. It did take 35 minutes to clear security. We were down near our gate with time to get breakfast and relax for over an hour. Just make sure you don't hang around the ship a long time. Get moving early and go to Cabanas for breakfast or skip breakfast and get it once you clear security at the airport. You should be fine.

Thanks, were the crew who's on your sailing coming from BLT for 6 days prior. I was joking with you about racing to the Supervisiors desk. Were you guys doing a group shuttle from WDW to PC?

sweetpee_1993

Thanks, were the crew who's on your sailing coming from BLT for 6 days prior. I was joking with you about racing to the Supervisiors desk. Were you guys doing a group shuttle from WDW to PC?

I know you. Don't you know I got your number?? LOL! Just kidding! Heehee!

We haven't decided anything concrete yet. We're considering it. It's mostly depending on where all the girls are going to be prior to the cruise, etc. I may be driving myself down in my own car. It's so far away still. Send Tammy an email (her address is in her signature) and we'll keep you in mind for WDW group transfer. Let her know how many you have going so we can keep a headcount going. I figured if we have a good number of folks going from the WDW property it might be as much if not cheaper to just book a private charter going out to the port. We could start the pick-ups early enough in the morning that we can get everyone out there altogether at a decent time. Right?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom