Time Keeper to become Monsters Inc. based attraction

Mouse's Magic

Original Poster
Ok, so heres the scoop. My sister is "friends with" many Disney characters and today she was "friends with" Helen (Elastagirl) from The Incredibles at time keeper. Well her handler was able to bump into an imagineer who was doing some preliminary work for the Monsters Inc. attraction. She got a peek at the layouts for the attraction. It is not a ride though. Its from what she got out of it an interactve theater type show, like TimeKeeper was. I dont think this has been posted so I thought I would let you guys know. And i know ALOT of people like to chop people at the knees when it comes to rumors but I asure you that this is no lie. The attraction is not scheduled to open for a year and two months however. Quite a while away. Enjoy!

LSUxStitch

Wasn't there a thread on this before..or am I just having one of those DejaVu spells?

As with any rumors from sisters' brothers' boyfriends' mom, I'll believe it when I see it.

Thanks for the info though.

Edit: HAHA, if you go through my timeline of rumor list, it is rather scary how it ends up. Brother's Boyfriend? LOL

imagineer boy

I'd hate for this to happen. This would only seal Tomorrowland's fate as a Fantaseyland of the future, and Monsters inc. doesn't fit the theme of Tomorrowland in the slightest. This had better not be true.

nibblesandbits

STR8FAN2005 said:
I'll go along with this. Why not, Timekeeper is dead. This is one of the more believable rumors.

I agree...this rumor doesn't seem as far fetched as a lot of the other ones out there. Granted I don't believe it 100%, but I do believe there is the possiblity that there could be some truth to this rumor.

nibblesandbits

imagineer boy said:
I'd hate for this to happen. This would only seal Tomorrowland's fate as a Fantaseyland of the future, and Monsters inc. doesn't fit the theme of Tomorrowland in the slightest. This had better not be true.

I agree with you on the fact that I don't exactly see what this has to do with tomorrowland though...

CaptainMichael

nibblesandbits said:
I agree with you on the fact that I don't exactly see what this has to do with tomorrowland though...
Let's be honest here. Does Tomorrowland really have a theme anymore?????
Here are the attractions in Tomorrowland:

*Space Mountain
*Indy Speedway
*Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin
*Carousel of Progress
*Stitch's Great Escape
*Astro Orbiter
*Disney Vacation Club Booth

Now I ask again. Is there a cohesive theme in Tomorrolwand??

dxwwf3

imagineer boy said:

Fantasyland East was a done deal a while back. A new children's attraction in the TK's spot will only further the theme, not confirm it.

doop

imagineer boy said:
I agree with your statement 100%.

WDWBro

STR8FAN2005 said:

*Space Mountain
*Indy Speedway
*Carousel of Progress
*Stitch's Great Escape
*Astro Orbiter

I don't think it's Tomorrowland that doesn't have a theme, it's the attractions. That may sound weird, but with the decor, shops, and restaurants, they try to kind of keep that spacey-future theme.

nibblesandbits

STR8FAN2005 said:

*Space Mountain
*Indy Speedway
*Carousel of Progress
*Stitch's Great Escape
*Astro Orbiter

Good point...however, there is a "general" theme of space going on. Sure there are some odd things in the mix...IE Indy Speedway...but otherwise there is a general theme...even Buzz has the overriding space theme to it.

Snapper Bean

This has all the indicia of credibility when it comes to a new attraction project for WDW:

1. Convert a non-movie character attraction (CHECK)
2. Into a movie character attraction (CHECK)
3. Preferably involving a PIXAR created character (CHECK)
4. Involving a cheaper "overlay" rather than an actual ride through attraction (CHECK)

All we need is confirmation that WDI had to underbid a third party to get the work and I believe this rumor implicitly. I'm serious.

Slipknot

Mouse's Magic said:
Ok, so heres the scoop. My sister is "friends with" many Disney characters and today she was "friends with" Helen (Elastagirl) from The Incredibles at time keeper. Well her handler was able to bump into an imagineer who was doing some preliminary work for the Monsters Inc. attraction. She got a peek at the layouts for the attraction. It is not a ride though. Its from what she got out of it an interactve theater type show, like TimeKeeper was. I dont think this has been posted so I thought I would let you guys know. And i know ALOT of people like to chop people at the knees when it comes to rumors but I asure you that this is no lie. The attraction is not scheduled to open for a year and two months however. Quite a while away. Enjoy!

Sorry, but I doubt that any Imagineer would let someone outside of Imagineering see anything like layouts or tell an outsider about a future project. The whole show building (outside of the preshow meet n' greet area, I don't remember if it was open or not) was off limits to just ordinary CMs the whole day, attraction and entertainment wise... I'll wait to believe any rumors until I am told by my Tomorrowland managers and coordinators what will be put in TKs place, if I am in Tomorrowland that long.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom