Time for a new MK e-ticket?

Bill

Account Suspended
Originally posted by NowInc
In case anyone wants to do research on the topic..Universals "imagineering" department is called "Universal Creative"....and they do contract outside their own company for ride designs as well..but have never hired disney

Im thinking a LOT of this confusion comes in with the whole dueling dragons debate..how it was originally designed for Animal Kingdom by Bolliger and Mabillard but was then rejected because of its "high visability" around the park..so they (Bolliger and Mabillard ) sold it off to univerrsal for IOA. This doesnt mean that disney did work for them..

Didn't Disney do most of the theming for that? I mean, I know a lot was taken out, but it seems like that there was a theming issue there as well... Refresh my memory. :)

Bill

Account Suspended
..even tho (and your friend can back this up) it strictly says in the WDI contract that they cannot under any circumstances design rides/attractions for any other amusment company?

The only outside contract work WDI has ever done is for museums or fairs

Are you suggesting that I need to check up on what my friend says? :lol:

If so, I think you have a point. ;)

NowInc

Originally posted by Bill
Didn't Disney do most of the theming for that? I mean, I know a lot was taken out, but it seems like that there was a theming issue there as well... Refresh my memory. :)

Nope. The themeing disney did revolved around Beastly Kingdom..not a fantasy "fairy tale" ride. It was going to be more seriously themed (as serious as one can get with dragons that is).

NowInc

Are you suggesting that I need to check up on what my friend says? :lol:

If so, I think you have a point. ;)

I have to go to my storage bin to get it..but i'll show you concrete evidence of what im saying once i retrieve it :)

NowInc

Your storage bin?:confused:

Well..me new appartment isnt quite as large as my old one was so a lot of my old things have to gather dust in a storage bin about..3 blocks from my building. Stuff i normally woudlnt need here for everyday use...but stuff i dont wanna throw away for sentimental reasons

Bill

Account Suspended
Nope. The themeing disney did revolved around Beastly Kingdom..not a fantasy "fairy tale" ride. It was going to be more seriously themed (as serious as one can get with dragons that is).
Ah, well, that makes sense, considering the fact Disney even was designing the AA Zoo of unicorns and such. Makes sense to me.

NowInc

Ah, well, that makes sense, considering the fact Disney even was designing the AA Zoo of unicorns and such. Makes sense to me.

It was a section of the park revolving around mythical creatures, not the "stories" surrounding them. There would be no castles, no fairies, none of that. Sorta like them in their "natural" habitat (had one actually existed)

Bill

Account Suspended
Well..me new appartment isnt quite as large as my old one was so a lot of my old things have to gather dust in a storage bin about..3 blocks from my building. Stuff i normally woudlnt need here for everyday use...but stuff i dont wanna throw away for sentimental reasons

OHHHH!:lol:

I thought it was like a scanned in contract you had somewhere on the internet or something. LOL. Okay, well, that makes MUCH more sense. Boy, sentimental value... makes me wonder what I'm going to do with my Disney map collection. I have maps that go a back through 1957. lol.

PhotoDave219

heh, mine is like 900 miles away :D

NowInc

OHHHH!:lol:

I thought it was like a scanned in contract you had somewhere on the internet or something. LOL. Okay, well, that makes MUCH more sense. Boy, sentimental value... makes me wonder what I'm going to do with my Disney map collection. I have maps that go a back through 1957. lol.

Not scanned yet..gotta get it outta storage :)

Bill

Account Suspended
It was a section of the park revolving around mythical creatures, not the "stories" surrounding them. There would be no castles, no fairies, none of that. Sorta like them in their "natural" habitat (had one actually existed)

And Fantasia would be a part of that if I'm correct. I remember the concept art for all that. Now that I think about it, I'm not sure that I miss it as much. lol

NowInc

And Fantasia would be a part of that if I'm correct. I remember the concept art for all that. Now that I think about it, I'm not sure that I miss it as much. lol

No it wouldnt have. Fantasia (especially now being as old as it is) would have never been added to AK, especially since as a whole, very few of fantasia is mythical creatures.

NowInc

But they have concept art showing Fantasia as part of Beastly Kingdom...

Where??

Concept art is never "leaked" (since..in essence..the artist who drew it would lose his job..even if he wasnt the one who leaked it...he is in control over where it goes). Any concept art you have seen to existing attractions was officially released by disney (maybe a few weeks earlier then intended..but it WAS authorized to be released)

Bill

Account Suspended
Where??

Concept art is never "leaked" (since..in essence..the artist who drew it would lose his job..even if he wasnt the one who leaked it...he is in control over where it goes). Any concept art you have seen to existing attractions was officially released by disney (maybe a few weeks earlier then intended..but it WAS authorized to be released)
Turn to page 171 of Since the World Began. If you want me to scan in the pics I can, but the text that goes with it is crucial as well.

NowInc

Turn to page 171 of Since the World Began. If you want me to scan in the pics I can, but the text that goes with it is crucial as well.

Since i dont own the book..you'll have to scan it for me

NowInc

okay, made a quick webpage of the scanned in images. http://www.magicalears.com/destinations/WDW/Animal Kingdom/Beastly Kingdom/

Enjoy!

After you see that, you'd have to be blind not to see the Fantasia references. :)

No...i wouldnt..because there are no dancing hippoes, sorcerers, etc. Those are all mythical creatures that dont only revolve around fantasia. The caption even states that they are from various stories etc...but that doesnt mean it would be them in THOSE situations. It would be them in their "natural" habitat. No fantasia tie in what so ever

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom